How I wish Naija was as physical as Senegal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
How I wish Naija was as physical as Senegal

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

These boys win every tackle. Kai!

If we had that physicality against Argentina we would have won.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: How I wish Naija was as physical as Senegal

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:These boys win every tackle. Kai!

We have players capable of being as physical.

The coach sets the tone.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

BTW, Ayo, I do think we should have taken Awoniyi and Osimehen to the WC.
If the aim was to "learn" they along with both Nwakilis should have been taken to the World Cup.
They at least had an upside to their game. And will gain from the experience.

When I see players supposedly taken to the WC for their experience stink up the joint I get furious.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

How do you want that type of players when you have Rohr who does not understand our physical style of play?

The Senegalese is manged by a Senegalese he understands the ability of his team and the type of players he wants. The defenders are fast and have ball control unlike our European born defenders who love to balloon the ball when approached.

We need an Amunike or Finidi to manger our team.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Yet after winning the balls, they can't take their chances. Senegal were just wasteful against Japan and Colombia.
If they don't advance, they have earned it.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Yes, I wish we were as physical so we can fight with them for the aisle seats on the Arik air flight leaving Moscow and heading to Dakar, en route to Lagos.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:BTW, Ayo, I do think we should have taken Awoniyi and Osimehen to the WC.
If the aim was to "learn" they along with both Nwakilis should have been taken to the World Cup.

When I see players supposedly taken to the WC for their experience stink up the joint I get furious.
Who are you telling...players that won't be there in 4 years were the ones messing it up for the young ones...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Physical as Senegal and what did they bring from Russia? Only to lose to the less physical Columbia and struggle against the shorter Japanese....nonsense!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

How much did their physicality help them when huffing and puffing against a weak Japanese team? ... That 2-2 draw cost them big time. Physical ko. Pounded yam ni. :boo:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cellular wrote:BTW, Ayo, I do think we should have taken Awoniyi and Osimehen to the WC.

KPOM :thumb: - If we were truly preparing for WC 2022 ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) then the likes of Osimhen, Awoniyi & Nwakali should have been there :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

wAyo curse lives on

Ighalo
Joel Obi
Nigeria
Senegal
Babatunde Messi
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Senegal that was outmuscled and outhussled against Japan. GTFOH.
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

YemiBrazil wrote:

KPOM :thumb: - If we were truly preparing for WC 2022 ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) then the likes of Osimhen, Awoniyi & Nwakali should have been there :D
Agreed. But I think the fault lies not just with the coach but with the society as a whole. How many of us would have praised Rohr if he had brought along Osimhen, Awoniyi, Nwakali and Sadiq?
That would have meant leaving out such "luminaries" like Ighalo,Joel Obi, Onazi and possibly Echiejile. A lot of players seem to have been included as a reward for past services rendered, not because of current form or indeed, any plan towards 2022. Its not a uniquely Nigerian phenomenon though, the Germans and to a lesser extent Argentina, did the same.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cellular wrote:

We have players capable of being as physical.

The coach sets the tone.
We are no whete near as physical as them those guys were knocking our boys about like pinata, Onaxi was stretchered off in a few seconds
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Can the EXPERTS please help me understand this? Why did Japan ADVANCE and Senegal did not, yet they have the same RECORD generally?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Odas wrote:Can the EXPERTS please help me understand this? Why did Japan ADVANCED and Senegal did not, yet they have the same RECORD generally?
Fair Play. Senegal had more infractions.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:
Odas wrote:Can the EXPERTS please help me understand this? Why did Japan ADVANCED and Senegal did not, yet they have the same RECORD generally?
Fair Play. Senegal had more infractions.
Damn! Really? That's it? Wow! Thanks Chief Tbite for the clarification
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Ayo, ironically Senegal would still be playing if they were less physical and more composed. They would less cards and would most likely have converted a few more of the multitude of chances that came their way.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

What did muscle do for Senegal they went out due to yellow cards!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:

Who are you telling...players that won't be there in 4 years were the ones messing it up for the young ones...
But when we talked una talk say we be agents.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Odas wrote:Can the EXPERTS please help me understand this? Why did Japan ADVANCE and Senegal did not, yet they have the same RECORD generally?
Fair Play.................Ayo's Physical obsession killed Senegal.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

YemiBrazil wrote:

Last time we used a World Cup to prepare for a future World Cup we didn't make it to the World Cup. Angola went instead.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Senegal only went out on a technicality, whereas we went out on points. Their World Cup was far more successful than ours.

When you look at the Senegal squad, they probably had less talent than Nigeria but their physical play helped them a lot. Upfront, they had no finisher and mane was too busy, diving, slipping and posing to be effective. If he had offered the kind of leadership that Mikel gave us, they would easily have beaten Colombia.