How I wish Naija was as physical as Senegal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How I wish Naija was as physical as Senegal

Post by marko »

All african teams are home, worst showing for decades
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:Can the EXPERTS please help me understand this? Why did Japan ADVANCE and Senegal did not, yet they have the same RECORD generally?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are wicked o!
Senegal went home because they had garnered more yellow cards after being more physical just like Ayo suggested.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:What did muscle do for Senegal they went out due to yellow cards!
Abi? :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

By the way FIFA have just introduced another layer to make sure Physical specimens from Africa will not make it at the World Cup. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:By the way FIFA have just introduced another layer to make sure Physical specimens from Africa will not make it at the World Cup. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Let us not make lame excuses. We all agreed to the format before the tournament started!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Senegal only went out on a technicality, whereas we went out on points. Their World Cup was far more successful than ours.

When you look at the Senegal squad, they probably had less talent than Nigeria but their physical play helped them a lot. Upfront, they had no finisher and mane was too busy, diving, slipping and posing to be effective. If he had offered the kind of leadership that Mikel gave us, they would easily have beaten Colombia.
Lies as usual :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Koulibaly
Salif Sane
Sadio Mane
Babou Ndieye
Niang
Sarr
Sabaly
Gueye
Kouyaute
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:These boys win every tackle. Kai!

If we had that physicality against Argentina we would have won.

Naija is a nation of small people. Tiny souls who run very fast. But they are slightly taller than Ghanaians.. I'm yet to meet a truly tall Nigerian. You can't br physical if you don't have a reliable source for your protein.. :taunt: Buhmeat is a hit or miss..
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:

Naija is a nation of small people. Tiny souls who run very fast. But they are slightly taller than Ghanaians.. I'm yet to meet a truly tall Nigerian. You can't br physical if you don't have a reliable source for your protein.. :taunt: Buhmeat is a hit or miss..
Have you seen our president?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ogolo Makambo wrote:

Ogolo is trying to compete with CRawlings for the CE Cockroach title.
Ignore. :idea:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ogolo Makambo wrote:

But a Ghanaian is always going to be more of a super villain than a Ugandan,who cares about the views of such individuals?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ogolo Makambo wrote:

Damunk

At least you know that I support Naija!!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Funny bit of commentary during the Seychelles game. A former South African player in the commentary booth says he recalls playing against the Nigeria team captained by Keshi. He said pre-match Keshi used to tease the South Africans about the Nigerian players' superior size and ask the South African captain: "Are you one of the ballboys?" :lol:

Man that SE squad was full of strapping lads: Keshi, Uche, Yekini, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Oliseh, Finidi - all 6 feet tall + of built like MMA fighters. Imagine being a little full back and facing a 6ft 3in tall winger with lightning pace like George?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Funny bit of commentary during the Seychelles game. A former South African player in the commentary booth says he recalls playing against the Nigeria team captained by Keshi. He said pre-match Keshi used to tease the South Africans about the Nigerian players' superior size and ask the South African captain: "Are you one of the ballboys?" :lol:

Man that SE squad was full of strapping lads: Keshi, Uche, Yekini, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Oliseh, Finidi - all 6 feet tall + of built like MMA fighters. Imagine being a little full back and facing a 6ft 3in tall winger with lightning pace like George?
But not just their height and speed but they were all technically sound, even our defenders were comfortable with the ball at their feet and passed out of the back with ease. It’s just crazy that our NT can be filled with so many players who treat the ball like a hot potato.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Senegal only went out on a technicality, whereas we went out on points. Their World Cup was far more successful than ours.

When you look at the Senegal squad, they probably had less talent than Nigeria but their physical play helped them a lot. Upfront, they had no finisher and mane was too busy, diving, slipping and posing to be effective. If he had offered the kind of leadership that Mikel gave us, they would easily have beaten Colombia.
Senegal wasn’t better than Nigeria in any way. Nigeria was undone by an utterly clueless coach who made bad selections and decisions at every turn, like substituting Nacho for an impotent Ighalo... and how do you explain leaving iwobi out of the Argentina game :?: :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:

Naija is a nation of small people. Tiny souls who run very fast. But they are slightly taller than Ghanaians.. I'm yet to meet a truly tall Nigerian. You can't br physical if you don't have a reliable source for your protein.. :taunt: Buhmeat is a hit or miss.
So that’s why Kenyan football is the way it is. I guess lion and zebra meat are way overrated :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.