I AM CONFLICTED ABOUT RETAINING ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: I AM CONFLICTED ABOUT RETAINING ROHR

Post by Cellular »

kajifu wrote:I doubt anyone here will be backing this Rohr if he was Nigerian.
The man has nothing to offer at @47k a month he should be ship out.
I will even take a wash up Wenger than this man.Fired him and get a coach NOW to prepared for ANC.
They wouldn't. Most of the advocates for Rohr were the harshest critics of local coaches.

His coaching errors would have been attributed to him being black and daft.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sampo wrote:If we are truly forward-thinking, we should have a pool of local coaches to take care of the future.
Gernot Rohr is 64 and, being in his twilight, can only rake in his windfall from his African adventures.
Pension guaranteed for him. What is guaranteed for our football, with his style?

Exits at the WC group stage and round of sixteen normally mean back to the drawing board for most of the countries. So, nothing is unique to us here as we will have many illustrious footballing nations doing this same, serious soul-searching and re-strategising. For sure, Germany and Argentina currently face this reality too.

We should be planning long-term. I am wondering and I am not sure if Rohr is for this long term on account of what we have seen.
:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

john12 wrote:The same Nigerians that we’re complaining why rohr took out iwobi in the first game will be the same ones that would had complained if rohr had taken out another player yesterday and we lost. The man had his tactics and his strikers failed to utilize their chances while Argentina did utilize their own. Morals:The better team Won and I’m glad that rohr has improved our team from we’re we was 2 years ago
He had no reason taking out Iwobi and he gained nothing from it.....

If Rohr brought on a DM for Musa....yes he will not please everyone but at least he did something

If he brought on Akpeyi as a second keeper.....would have got us thrown out but at least he did something.....

My point is that the guy stood there at 75-80mins and everyone in the stadium can see that Argentina was going to score sooner rather than later.....and he did nothing.......Kanu and co were calling for Iwobi....I would have gone with Ogu/Onazi.....

At least he would have a reason......what's his reason for doinging nothing exactly.....? Against Iceland we were on top second half so understandable no need for changes but we were getting hammered by Argentina.....

No one here doubts the Organisational talent that Rohr brings but he lacks the energy for modern football.....this was the downfall of Arsenal and Arsene......

The guy is 64.....he is done, unless our only other option is Oliseh....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
I will even take a wash up Wenger than this man.Fired him and get a coach NOW to prepared for ANC.
They wouldn't. Most of the advocates for Rohr were the harshest critics of local coaches.

I suspect this is false.
But prove it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I suspect this is false.
But prove it.

Good luck with that . :rotf: :rotf:

I mean we have archives here that are really easy to access. Here is a head start for y'all

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=251716&hilit=keshi+fire

Me i will say that i bet that some of the same clowns calling for Rohr to be fired did the same thing against all prior coaches we have and expect a different result .
Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I suspect this is false.
But prove it.
It is true...................why do you think that they rightly earned the name Wowos :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Keep Rohr till after nations cup
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Na your eye be this? Are you still in NYC ?
chif456 wrote:Keep Rohr till after nations cup
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

I dey oh - still in NYC area.