Fire Rohr and use the money to develop our local league

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fire Rohr and use the money to develop our local league

Post by ANC »

Abeg, invest in eduction rather.
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

Novocaine wrote:Rohr is getting paid too much money for us to accept the result of this tournament. Rohr needs to be fired and the money used to develop our league so we have quality players. The quality of our players was simply not good enough. Our attack was anemic. Ihenacio and Igahlo did not do anything significant and the quality of service to these players was horrendous. I cannot remember 1 single killer pass by our midfield that unlocked a defense similar to the first goal Arg scored against us.

We need to develop our country. Improve our public education system and our local league.
And how do you propose that money be spent? Build more stadiums? Improve playing turf? How about we reform the way football is administered in the country. How about we shape our football so that it attract private investors who will come in and run football as a business and govt on all levels can concentrate on improving grassroot level sport and leave professional sport for professionals. When we have a league made up of private business interests.. A league managed and run like a business.. Then we would be on the path to football greatness.. And in all of this Rohr salary plays no role.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:
Novocaine wrote:Rohr is getting paid too much money for us to accept the result of this tournament. Rohr needs to be fired and the money used to develop our league so we have quality players. The quality of our players was simply not good enough. Our attack was anemic. Ihenacio and Igahlo did not do anything significant and the quality of service to these players was horrendous. I cannot remember 1 single killer pass by our midfield that unlocked a defense similar to the first goal Arg scored against us.

We need to develop our country. Improve our public education system and our local league.
Is that how you develop local league? Why stop at these? We need Peace in the Middle East also! :mad:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:
Prince wrote:Money is not the issue for the league, it s one of the richest league in Africa, ask what they did with 1.9 billion glo spent on them, not a player was transferred just through academies. So if you think the solution is to throw more money at it, I laugh......

http://www.gloworld.com/ng/latest-news/ ... er-league/
The owners used it to buy G-Wagon and big homes in Houston.
Nuff said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:Money is not the issue for the league, it s one of the richest league in Africa, ask what they did with 1.9 billion glo spent on them, not a player was transferred just through academies. So if you think the solution is to throw more money at it, I laugh......

Spot on.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

ANC wrote:Abeg, invest in eduction rather.
Most of our corrupt politicians are highly educated.

Some natives said we shouldn't bother about Rohr's 18 Million Naira per month salary because the money is not coming directly from us. I can only feel sad for people's warped logic.
The man has gone to Gabon, Niger, Burkina Faso and Now Nigeria collecting free pensions and we we are here applauding him. Talk about recolonization.
Last edited by Ekorian on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:

Spot on.
It's still a broken system though and not good enough.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The perfect paradigm of plateaunic thinking. Billions of Naira are misappropriated daily, embezzled and squandered on cash purchases of stately homes, as the old white man looks on and laughs. N*ggers. The EPL 2013/14 season alone paid over £2.4bn to the exchequer, created more than 100,000 jobs, those figures will be dwarfed like a Ghanaian with achondroplasia, by today’s figures. As has been argued for many years, in that going nowhere nation, with three tiers of pathetic misgovernance, there should be state commissioned investment in development of course stadia, roads and supporting infrastructure. National state stadiums could then be leased out, sponsorship and investment encouraged from local businesses, white collar crooks and big agbaba thieves encouraged.

In the utopia, clubs borrow and build and sell naming rights and sign sponsorship deals, but in that human zoo, the more palms that touch the money, the more money goes amiss. There needs to be a body of accountability for the projects, all sentenced to death by slow suffocation if the slightest kobo goes walkies.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Hear what Segun Odegbami said in this interview from 18:00 onward:
[/video]
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/