Fire Rohr and use the money to develop our local league

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Novocaine
Egg
Egg
Fire Rohr and use the money to develop our local league

Post by Novocaine »

Rohr is getting paid too much money for us to accept the result of this tournament. Rohr needs to be fired and the money used to develop our league so we have quality players. The quality of our players was simply not good enough. Our attack was anemic. Ihenacio and Igahlo did not do anything significant and the quality of service to these players was horrendous. I cannot remember 1 single killer pass by our midfield that unlocked a defense similar to the first goal Arg scored against us.

We need to develop our country. Improve our public education system and our local league.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Fire Rohr and use the money to develop our local league

Post by Synopsis »

We would have to pay him if we fire him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The problem is if we fire him. We will still owe him his waged unless there is an out clause or settlement.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Novocaine wrote:Rohr is getting paid too much money for us to accept the result of this tournament. Rohr needs to be fired and the money used to develop our league so we have quality players. The quality of our players was simply not good enough. Our attack was anemic. Ihenacio and Igahlo did not do anything significant and the quality of service to these players was horrendous. I cannot remember 1 single killer pass by our midfield that unlocked a defense similar to the first goal Arg scored against us.

We need to develop our country. Improve our public education system and our local league.
Is that how you develop local league? Why stop at these? We need Peace in the Middle East also! :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Clowns You have backwater league players and you’re feeling entitled to beat modric, rakitic, Messi, Aguero etc ROhR definitely is well with the caliber of players available. When you start producing world class players then you can feel entitled
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Novocaine wrote:Rohr is getting paid too much money for us to accept the result of this tournament. Rohr needs to be fired and the money used to develop our league so we have quality players. The quality of our players was simply not good enough. Our attack was anemic. Ihenacio and Igahlo did not do anything significant and the quality of service to these players was horrendous. I cannot remember 1 single killer pass by our midfield that unlocked a defense similar to the first goal Arg scored against us.

Take a look at this old thread from many years ago:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118355&hilit=underd ... t&start=23
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Money is not the issue for the league, it s one of the richest league in Africa, ask what they did with 1.9 billion glo spent on them, not a player was transferred just through academies. So if you think the solution is to throw more money at it, I laugh......

http://www.gloworld.com/ng/latest-news/ ... er-league/
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Novocaine
Egg
Egg

Post by Novocaine »

ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is if we fire him. We will still owe him his waged unless there is an out clause or settlement.
But in any good contract there has to be performance goals attached. How does the NFF sign a contract with a coach and no performance clause attached. The minimum expected of any coach at WC is to qualify for the 2nd round. Otherwise why are we employing a foreigner and paying him mega dollars.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

And besides if you think Adenuga will give his money to the League after spending 1.9 billion to sponsor it and nothing, the man will take his money elsewhere
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When you allowed herdsmen to take over the running of your government? Stop dreaming and stop talking childishly.
Novocaine
Egg
Egg

Post by Novocaine »

Prince wrote:Money is not the issue for the league, it s one of the richest league in Africa, ask what they did with 1.9 billion glo spent on them, not a player was transferred just through academies. So if you think the solution is to throw more money at it, I laugh......

Look I am talking about World Standard you are talking about African sub-standard. Pray tell, how many African teams qualified for the 2nd round???? ....... When You have answered that question then you decide whether we can continue to deceive ourselves the what we have enough quality player to choose from to make a team that will advance past the first round.

The pbm with us Nigerians is that we are too myopic in our approach to anything. We need to put our money in our public education system and into our local league. That money will be realized back as European teams will pay better when you have quality players graduating from our academies / leagues.

We need to find the next Mo Sallah, next Drogba, next Rasheedi Yekini. We need to start now not wait another 4 yrs.
Last edited by Novocaine on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Novocaine wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is if we fire him. We will still owe him his waged unless there is an out clause or settlement.
But in any good contract there has to be performance goals attached. How does the NFF sign a contract with a coach and no performance clause attached. The minimum expected of any coach at WC is to qualify for the 2nd round. Otherwise why are we employing a foreigner and paying him mega dollars.
Welcome to Nigeria :thumbs:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:Money is not the issue for the league, it s one of the richest league in Africa, ask what they did with 1.9 billion glo spent on them, not a player was transferred just through academies. So if you think the solution is to throw more money at it, I laugh......

The owners used it to buy G-Wagon and big homes in Houston.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:

The owners used it to buy G-Wagon and big homes in Houston.
Doomed people!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Novocaine
Egg
Egg

Post by Novocaine »

10 Years ago Toxicarrow posted this and it shows how we continue to employ the same failed approach and expect to get a different result. Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results
Toxicarrow wrote:Berti Vogts is a classic example of how Europeans with the full cooperation of the African elites are 'underdeveloping' the continent of Africa.

In a society whereby people think and are truly interested in the progress, it would have occurred to the decision makers at the NFA, Sports ministry and media that the monthly 98,000 Euro Globacom's sponsorship being paid to Berti Vogts could have drastically transformed the Nigerian soccer landscape if:

(1) If mere half of that money is pumped to the local league every month since Feb 2007 when Berti was hired, it could have gone a long way in revitalizing the local league in terms of infrastructure, marketing, security and welfare packages of the players and referees. The league would be more competitive and players would not be in hurry to join European trains. More importantly, those who could not 'make it' in Europe would be able to join the local clubs and play rather than running to India, South Korea and etal to play in division 4 leagues.

(2) If One-quarter of that monthly salary of Berti is spent every month on the developmental programs such as YSFON, Principal's Cup, Headmasters' Cup and Adebajo/Manuwa Cup. It could help in developing skills and talents of players. If the likes of Nsofor had gone through that developmental programs as it were the cases in 70s and 80s, he and others would not be missing 'sitters' in the 18th yard box because they have mastered the skills and advance above the raw 'bad attitude' developed in the street soccer. If you notice both Osaze and Mikel who truly came through the youth academy (Pepsi in the case of Mikel and Osaze in Russia before he joined Bendel Insurance), they have better ball control, positioning and vision than the Nsofor, Yak (who is actually a better finisher but a lazy bone on the field) and Utaka of this world.

3). If One-tenth of monthly salary of Berti is spent every month or quarterly in organizing coaching clinics/seminars, it will help in shaping the skills and knowledge of our local coaches.

4) If one-tenth of monthy salary of Berti is also spent every three month is putting together seminar for the referees, it will help in upgrading the skills of the officials as well as help them to keep abreast of the developmental in the rules and conducts of the games.

But sadly enough, the people that run our football, media folks and many Nigerian fans only think about short-term benefit. As such, hiring FC is the solution to the problem.

For me, it is not about the immediate benefits...It's about long-term developmental programs. At this point, I am not seeing any of those from either Berti in terms of team management or NFA in terms of its programs and administration of such programs. Neither has our 'chop- I-chop' media also showed any initiative in creating a change in our football culture and administration.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

oh boy.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

You do not need to fire Rohr to develop your local league. You can develop it for him to have better tools to deliver.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Novocaine wrote:10 Years ago Toxicarrow posted this and it shows how we continue to employ the same failed approach and expect to get a different result. Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results
You mean like firing your coach every 2 years? Yes I totally agree with you.
The last time we had the same coach for 6 years straight, we built Nigeria's golden generation.

Since then, we have been making the same insane decisions, with foreign and local coaches, over and over and over again.

The Sane thing to do now is to build on what we have and take advantage of stability and consistency for a change to give a coach the time they need to build a good team. That is the one thing we have not tried since 1994.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

As much as I am upset with our failure in Russia Rohr's salary is not the problem with our local league. The man negotiated well and got a good salary. What we should do is to look for more money from the next Nike sponsorship to improve the league. Mind you, you don't want your league to be too rich otherwise local talent will be stifled in favour of ready made imports. We need to invest in grassroots coaching and facilities as well.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, sorry Chief, but the coach is NOT going anywhere; at least not now - according to Pinnick (NFF). Thus, forget it.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Novocaine wrote:

Look I am talking about World Standard you are talking about African sub-standard. Pray tell, how many African teams qualified for the 2nd round???? ....... When You have answered that question then you decide whether we can continue to deceive ourselves the what we have enough quality player to choose from to make a team that will advance past the first round.

The pbm with us Nigerians is that we are too myopic in our approach to anything. We need to put our money in our public education system and into our local league. That money will be realized back as European teams will pay better when you have quality players graduating from our academies / leagues.

We need to find the next Mo Sallah, next Drogba, next Rasheedi Yekini. We need to start now not wait another 4 yrs.
There are pathways in football the one you are describing is dependent on volunteers. Most of the sunday league in europe is staffed by volunteers so you can donate money to your primary school for kit and eqiuipments.
Now 1.9 billion is for elites players i think it is enough to run league matches this os excluding money government and other individual, ivorian and ghanaian dont spend as much
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I dont agree Roh should be fired he should stay and work with an identified fully committed next coach for 2 years and possibly should be made to focus on local programs and ideas and task that will develop our local football, he seems to be a long term planning guy and can bring that to our local league.

Next WC should please have a Local coach leading the eagles.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

aruako1 wrote:What we should do is to look for more money from the next Nike sponsorship to improve the league. Mind you, you don't want your league to be too rich otherwise local talent will be stifled in favour of ready made imports. We need to invest in grassroots coaching and facilities as well.
This is one of the subtexts of Novocaine' message or clarion call for the development of the local league.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/