ROHR IS STAYING - Pinnick

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
ROHR IS STAYING - Pinnick

Post by chief nfachairman »

All you enemies of destabilization, i hope you would all go to sleep. This man has brought proper organization to the team. He is only just building. Haven't you noticed that Europeans like to take time to build their team unlike we Africans that go for short term approach. The closest to organization that we've had in the SE was Amodu and before that, Lagerback. SE is no longer a team just anyone can walk into. Its not a team of HEy yous. ROhr has made players want to play the best for their clubs. Didnt you all notice how they all started running to other teams on loan so they can get playing time? Before, players woudl just sit on the bench, collect money, get fat and know they would still get called up to the SE.

We just need ROhr to be backed up by a young, attack minded Nigerian coach that would take over from ROhr in 2yrs or after the 2022 WC.

Rohr stays as Super Eagles coach: NFF

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/06/29/r ... coach-nff/

Gernot Rohr will stay on as Super Eagles coach despite wide-spread criticisms following the country’s early ouster from the World Cup in Russia, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have said.

Rohr has been knocked for not managing the crucial group game against Argentina for the Eagles to exit the tournament in the first round.

However, NFF president Amaju Pinnick has maintained Rohr has a new two-year contract and it will be honoured.

“I am not one of those who is asking for the coach to go,” Pinnick said.

“He has a new two-year contract and we will respect it.

“He has a young team who he will build on with the likes of Henry Onyekuru, Victor Osimhim, Kelechi Nwakali, Usman Mohammed and Junior Lokosa all now set to join this team.”

Rohr qualified Nigeria to Russia 2018, but the team failed to go past the group stage of the championship.

In September, Nigeria will resume the qualifying tournament for next year’s AFCON in Cameroon after they lost their opening game 2-0 to South Africa in Uyo in June 2017.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR IS STAYING - Pinnick

Post by Ekorian »

I can live with the decision but he shouldn't be given a blank check. There should be a stipulation in his contract for him to take us to at least the semi finals of the AFCON!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Like I said you had to be an AGENT/CROOK if you wanted rohr out
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Good,consistency is what Nigeria needs!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Then the next logical step would be to get rid of Pinnick.

NFF elections are coming up. Sunil Gulati of the US paid for his blind loyalty to Klinsman. I dare Pinnick to tell us if he promised Gohr that all Nigerian players would be in Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc. upon Gohr's assumption of his assignment.
I dare Pinnick to tell us if the national team would ultimately be composed of dual citizenship players.
I dare Pinnick to tell us if this 'experienced' coach showed his 'experience' in the Argentina game.
I dare Pinnick to tell us of the plan forward with this coach.

At this point, the role of Rohr is to help get sponsors, enhance branding. Nothing to do with football.

At this point, Pinnick is essentially saying a mediocre foreign coach is not accountable to no one.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The fact that Rohr kept on saying “we’re a young team” to the press dosent mean that’s what he told our players in the dressing room. Best believe that he told them that they can beat anyone/everyone unfortunately, we lost to a better QUALITY team. I wish rohr can resign so Nigerians will be taught a big lesson we need to go back to the era of oliseh and Siasia unappreciative gots
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Good,consistency is what Nigeria needs!
Consistency of failures and excuse/lies that we are a young team. Gohr is playing us and he knows that he is incompetent
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Fine, but we cannot be conservative in our football please, Im still struggling to forgive Rohr for being too defensive against Argentina when they were there for the kill, it shows how bad we are when we cannot even beat a weak Argentina, they own us like a slave
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:
Consistency of failures and excuse/lies that we are a young team. Gohr is playing us and he knows that he is incompetent
I think you are the one playing us when you sell us the idea that we should be winning the World Cup or reaching the S/F as a matter of course with the team that we currently have.

Yes, its good to dream but building pedigree is not a two-year job.

This is why you are first and foremost a fan, and to compound it even more, a NIGERIAN FAN.
There is little capacity for long-term management and even less patience to ride out the long rocky road to success.
But we love you anyway, because na so all of us be. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

akamoke wrote:Fine, but we cannot be conservative in our football please, Im still struggling to forgive Rohr for being too defensive against Argentina when they were there for the kill, it shows how bad we are when we cannot even beat a weak Argentina, they own us like a slave
Ugh! The memory kills me every time. :cry:

But I am also aware that had he made those same changes much earlier and the outcome was the same, we would still blame him for making "unnecessary changes" when we were "holding out".

You know our people nah.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

So when one questions the performance and continued stay of a coach who delivered a worse WC performance than 4 years ago the person is an enemy, crook or agent? While I don't mind him staying we should be clear- this was a poor result for this team - he needs to get that attacking swagger back to the SE. I do not blame those who want him gone. That is the beauty of diversity of opinion. I am not loyal to any one coach (only to the SE) which is why I was in Russia in the middle of a house move and during my company's busy quarter end. Good on Pinnick for standing by his man but he cannot escape scrutiny for a poor performance.
Last edited by aruako1 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote:I can live with the decision but he shouldn't be given a blank check. There should be a stipulation in his contract for him to take us to at least the semi finals of the AFCON!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, bros that may be too late now. The CONTRACT has already been signed, let's hope such is already there, else ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:The fact that Rohr kept on saying “we’re a young team” to the press dosent mean that’s what he told our players in the dressing room. Best believe that he told them that they can beat anyone/everyone unfortunately, we lost to a better QUALITY team. I wish rohr can resign so Nigerians will be taught a big lesson we need to go back to the era of oliseh and Siasia unappreciative gots
If he resigns life goes on. This was a poor performance from Nigeria and we expect better going forward.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Got to scout replacements. This guy won't last long.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Kai High BP, Stroke and Heart Attack Alert :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Got to scout replacements. This guy won't last long.
Yeah, I think Rohr need to evaluate himself, have a DEEP debrief with his staff, recognize where things went wrong and learn from there. To me, game-plan and formation need serious scrutiny.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I agree. That aside, I think there are some areas where the NFF needs to help the country. The striker position is a problem. I will like for them to hire a striker coach just like they did for the goalkeeping position and let that person work with identified local talent or young prospects in the 15-19 age bracket. Hopefully, if they keep developing having learnt the right techniques, that experience will be brought to the national team.

Secondly, (and I dodn't know how to 'learn' this), but my observation about the 2 losses is we lost to the people with football craft, which is different from experience. Against Argentina, they knew their weakness (lack of pace) and decided to keep fouling us around the midfield, Totally disrupted our flow. The Croats on the other hand just putting crosses in. They took the lessons from what they observed in our friendlies and worked away at it. In the end, it worked to give an own goal and a penalty.

That is game craft. It doesn't really have to come from the coach. The players too will have input in how it's done. I think it's something that comes from playing at the highest levels and working with crafty coaches.
To stop trying is to start dying
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wale1974 wrote:Kai High BP, Stroke and Heart Attack Alert :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Highly likely! As cool as I usually am in our games, I was not too calm in our game with Argentina. First, how many times are we going to let Argentina beat us in IMPORTANT games? Second, we allowed all the predictions or forecasts against us to come true. Third, even a NOVICE like me saw our left-back (Idowu) was leaking, yet coach Rohr did nothing about it - in game of our lives. Thus, how good is he REALLY is?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Anyone calling for the dismissal of Gernot Rohr is regressive and wants us to spoil all the good work done so far. Rohr took on the job after back to back AFCON failures and built a team that not only qualified from a group of death in Africa but missed qualification from another group of death in Russia by minutes.

Amaju Pinnick has elevated NFF's organisation and Rohr has done the same to the SE. Thanks to Rohr, our players will once again be sought by top clubs. I am particularly keen to see where Uzoho lands. It took Westerhof 5 years to build a world class team and Rohr is only already 2 years into the job. The pressure and critical feedback that Rohr received so far will hopefully now help him to excel in the next AFCON.

Gernot Rohr MUST stay!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goldleaf wrote:Anyone calling for the dismissal of Gernot Rohr is regressive and wants us to spoil all the good work done so far. Rohr took on the job after back to back AFCON failures and built a team that not only qualified from a group of death in Africa but missed qualification from another group of death in Russia by minutes.

Amaju Pinnick has elevated NFF's organisation and Rohr has done the same to the SE. Thanks to Rohr, our players will once again be sought by top clubs. I am particularly keen to see where Uzoho lands. It took Westerhof 5 years to build a world class team and Rohr is only already 2 years into the job. The pressure and critical feedback that Rohr received so far will hopefully now help him to excel in the next AFCON.

Gernot Rohr MUST stay!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well it will be silly to start looking for a coach , we play in 2 months .. He has a good defense and midfield, we just need a worldclass CF. I am so happy Musa is back to his best, Mikel still there for 4 more years, I wish Mikel had taken the offer at Everton, I hope he leaves China.. he is so much better than that..Next AFCOn is a year away and we musr qualify
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I wonder what would have happened if he was a local coach :wink:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Odas wrote:
Ekorian wrote:I can live with the decision but he shouldn't be given a blank check. There should be a stipulation in his contract for him to take us to at least the semi finals of the AFCON!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, bros that may be too late now. The CONTRACT has already been signed, let's hope such is already there, else ...
Odas, there's a misconception that contracts are immutable and sacrosanct. That is actually a wrong position. Contracts are inherently not like the scripture because in-built in most contracts are performance clauses, escape clauses, termination clauses and penalty clauses that can be invoked once a contract ends prematurely. A contract can be torn up and the parties simply follow the terms of the contract upon that termination. Coaches and managers are terminated regularly-they all have contracts. We got rid of Berti Vogts and Lagerback. They both had contracts, yet, everyone moved on. My preference would be for Rohr to leave and be compensated per the contract. His coaching philosophy is contrary to our playing style and culture. This will continue to influence his players invitations and selections, and ultimately, the results. At 65, he'll be resistant to change and will be 69 by the next World Cup. We need a fresh perspective that can tie into our system and playing style. I give Rohr credit for infusing defensive solidity, discipline and team unity. The next man should be able to take us to the next level.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"