[WC 2018 R16] France 4 - Argentina 3 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 R16] France 4 - Argentina 3 2H

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

ohsee wrote:
green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:That is a red card. Where is VAR.
Otamendi has dodged 2 reds in this WC but can't dodge the aeroplane waiting to ferry him home.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, what a game! See people wey sabi play, and wey dey play with passion. :thumb: I predicted Argentina to win, but I am happy to be wrong. :thumbs:
You were probably high on Okpa and tea, :lol: I always knew either of Argentina or Nigeria were going home one after the other. :D
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 R16] France 4 - Argentina 3 FT

txj wrote:Africans spend all their time complaining about being considered to only play with pace and power.

And the French? Today they thrived on pace, power and composure!

You embrace who you are; then you maximize it...
I said it in the Rohr failed tread that Africans must return to a polished version of their style to excel. Pogba and Mbappe showed why the likes of Nigeria where previously feared. Good luck to them playing like Germans and Italians. :)
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:@Maru, France would hit the Eagles for six...the 3-5-2 was ran rugged for 45’ by an anarchistic Argentina, this well oiled blue machine, irrespective of Didier Crapshamps would’ve issued a beating and a half, the type that would’ve had the RSPCB flapping their wings. Nigeria are not on that level and don’t have the arms for those type of gunfights.

Returning to Sampaoli, madness!
Well I am glad someone saw the stupidity of play 3 defenders against Argentina, it would have been a massacre against Mbappe and co.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
ohsee wrote:
green4life wrote:
Otamendi has dodged 2 reds in this WC but can't dodge the aeroplane waiting to ferry him home.
Anyway, what a game! See people wey sabi play, and wey dey play with passion. :thumb: I predicted Argentina to win, but I am happy to be wrong. :thumbs:
You were probably high on Okpa and tea, :lol: I always knew either of Argentina or Nigeria were going home one after the other. :D
:D
How can? You are never right in anything. :lol: I guess for the World Cup, you must have quit eating 15 hamburgers a day at MacDonalds, just so the arteries to your brain will be clear of clogging fatty-fatty substances. :lol: :D :taunt: Good for you, and keep it up. :thumbs:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

green4life wrote:Mbape says that he doesn't need to be paid to play for France. All proceeds of his WC loot donated 1 way to charity. Well done young man.
I hope some can try and understand his interview. The kid speaks like a 60 years old man.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

joplass wrote:
green4life wrote:Mbape says that he doesn't need to be paid to play for France. All proceeds of his WC loot donated 1 way to charity. Well done young man.
I hope some can try and understand his interview. The kid speaks like a 60 years old man.
buddy is making big money in Paris, some of our players need the WC cash.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

joplass wrote:
:mad: :mad:
Bia, take time o! :mad:
[/video]
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

This result was not a surprise to anyone that's actually watched Argentina this tournament and over the last year. They are a disaster and have relied on individual talent to win from time to time. They have the talent to win trophies but haven't had a single manager figure out how to present a balanced side on the pitch. This particular team was dreadful to watch and Sampaoli will deservedly get fired very shortly. Messi has one WC left in him and he'll still be a top player in Qatar but I hope he finally gets a decent manager. Argentina hasn't had a good one since Pekerman who left in 2006.

France won a big game and I expect them to prevail over Uruguay. I'm concerned however by their defense and having Giroud as a starter since he offers nothing and in fact, the presence of another mobile striker would be a nightmare for any defense. Mpabbe is a stud and is a WPOY in the making. His poise is incredible and I hope he continues this form during the WC as it'd be a great story to have a 19 year old do this well at the WC. The guy could also end up being the all time WC goals leader within the next decade.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Advocating rational thought since 1987
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohsee wrote:
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
ohsee wrote:
green4life wrote:
:D
How can? You are never right in anything. :lol: I guess for the World Cup, you must have quit eating 15 hamburgers a day at MacDonalds, just so the arteries to your brain will be clear of clogging fatty-fatty substances. :lol: :D :taunt: Good for you, and keep it up. :thumbs:
Lol don't you know he's a professor of everything.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

France will hit Nigeria for six all of a sudden??

Madness
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ugbowo wrote:France will hit Nigeria for six all of a sudden??

Madness
Bros.....................'football-know-nothingness' is akin to madness.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We actually would have matched up well vs France. My biggest regret is not facing those guys. Feck Rhor :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.