[WC] URU 2 vs 1 POR - R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC] URU 2 vs 1 POR - R16

Post by metalalloy »

mutiman wrote:
fajex wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:How many hours do Igalo and Iheneacho spend on shooting practice after regular practice is over? That Cavani technique is something you don't acquire naturally but acquired from spending hours upon hours practicing and perfecting.

Cavani has a much wider angle than Ighalo did. Iheanacho has no issues striking the ball or with accuracy. He barely had chances to do so.
Cavani - confidence personified
Iheancaho - Froze on the day of battle
Ighalo - Holding striker, nothing to say....enjoy the china largesse :thumb:
There's no basis whatsoever for comparing Cavani to either Iheanacho or Ighalo. It's good to big up our players, but both of them are simply not in the same league as Cavani.
No one is comparing them. The simple point being made is that Every striker misses chances. Cavani included.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

bret- hart wrote:
zee wrote:Ok.........Neymar is next. :mrgreen:
Brazil will flogg mexico
Depends on which Mexico shows up. If the same Mexico that played the Germans show up and don't fall asleep towards the end like their brothers from Africa, then I expect them to beat Brazil.
-Simpli fy -
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cavani finish, world class, we need nigerians playing at the highest level, they should never stop improving their game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Torrera value is going up. I hope the deal is already done.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

wanaj0 wrote:FT. Ronaldo can go BUY a WC :)
Not a fan of Ronaldo, Messi, or Neymar, but I will take Ronaldo over the rest.

P.S. I am a fan of Kylian Mbappe. :wink:
-Simpli fy -
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Uruguay’s shape off the ball and the workrate of the two forwards in particular, fantastic. Should be a good dust up.
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

metalalloy wrote:
mutiman wrote:
fajex wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:How many hours do Igalo and Iheneacho spend on shooting practice after regular practice is over? That Cavani technique is something you don't acquire naturally but acquired from spending hours upon hours practicing and perfecting.

Cavani has a much wider angle than Ighalo did. Iheanacho has no issues striking the ball or with accuracy. He barely had chances to do so.
There's no basis whatsoever for comparing Cavani to either Iheanacho or Ighalo. It's good to big up our players, but both of them are simply not in the same league as Cavani.
No one is comparing them. The simple point being made is that Every striker misses chances. Cavani included.
True. But in terms of all round play, desire and effort, even when Cavani doesn't score he always makes a contribution.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

marko wrote:Cavani finish, world class, we need nigerians playing at the highest level, they should never stop improving their game
Once the wages fall in, for many, its a rap.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

fajex wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

CE sef. Of course, Iheanacho (3 goals in 21 appearances) is just as good as Cavani (28 goals in 30 appearances)--if not better--but for the small matter of "confidence." Why not? That's why one plays regularly for PSG, while the other is not even a starter at bottom pot Leicester. :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Uruguay’s shape off the ball and the workrate of the two forwards in particular, fantastic. Should be a good dust up.

For me it's how comfortable they are seating deep. The work rate in front of the back four is immense...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

&Mazi, desist, hardtalk is not desired.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

ohsee wrote:CE sef. Of course, Iheanacho (3 goals in 21 appearances) is just as good as Cavani (28 goals in 30 appearances)--if not better--but for the small matter of "confidence." Why not? That's why one plays regularly for PSG, while the other is not even a starter at bottom pot Leicester. :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree:
In what world is Leicester a bottom pot team?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

That second goal was on Pepe. Misjudged the header on the first ball.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Watching a replay of the melee in the box on a Portugal corner.

More bodies on the floor than the Godfather...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marutimon wrote:
ohsee wrote:CE sef. Of course, Iheanacho (3 goals in 21 appearances) is just as good as Cavani (28 goals in 30 appearances)--if not better--but for the small matter of "confidence." Why not? That's why one plays regularly for PSG, while the other is not even a starter at bottom pot Leicester. :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree:
Comparatively speaking the two teams aren't in the same league. Different levels of class.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mutiman wrote:
This man, please stop telling people obvious stuffs when they don't want to hear it. :D Our magnificent boys would have made it to the semi-final if only they believed, and they did not have a lousy coach who used a "holding striker." Biko, get with the program. :D In some alternate universe, our boys are winning the World Cup as we speak, with lucky bounces and belief in themselves. :thumbs:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Defensive discipline and confidence in one’s competence. Bread and milk.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, the beauty in the beautiful game is born of it relentless drive to rid itself of the rubbish, the blemish and leave the fine and fanciful behind. Eventually, the sh*t gets flushed.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Quaresma or is it Kwashioko wasted chances to cross ball into the box. Oh well, I need someone to knockout Uruguay asap, and France can do it.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:&Mazi, desist, hardtalk is not desired.
:D
Sorry. Please forgive all. :D Sometimes my mout runs too fast. :D
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

marutimon wrote:
A sorry, my broda. They are in the same league as Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern, Man City. Jos forgive me, a toks too much. :D
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohsee wrote:
mutiman wrote:
This man, please stop telling people obvious stuffs when they don't want to hear it. :D Our magnificent boys would have made it to the semi-final if only they believed, and they did not have a lousy coach who used a "holding striker." Biko, get with the program. :D In some alternate universe, our boys are winning the World Cup as we speak, with lucky bounces and belief in themselves. :thumbs:
Football is a team sport. Sometimes the TEAM can be greater than the sum of the individual parts. While we don't have GREAT players individually, we can COMPENSATE for that with other attributes,

1) Passion and Desire. 11 great players will LOSE to average players filled with passion and desire. When Suarez used his hand to save the ball at RSA at the 2010 WC, I saw passion on display. It is something lacking in SE over the years. I looked at the U 20 in 1989. I saw Ugbade playing with injury. I saw a very limited Sam Elijah doing the 'impossible'. I saw them rose from the 'dead'. They were limited in so many ways but passion lifted them. It is not enough but it can help cover some weaknesses.

2) TEAM Work: It does happen that 11 great players don't always gel and work together as a team. Sometimes you have in fighting. That's why you have teams with GREAT players collapse. France at WC 2010 is another example. You need a TEAM not just a collection of individual players. We saw that with Germany this year. Great players made to look poor by good team with AVERAGE players. I don't think Greece had the best of players at the Euros when they won. Football is a TEAM game. Where players play and make sacrifices for the TEAM

3) LUCK. You cannot rule that out. A costly mistake and the game is settled! Player error, referee error can give you advantage.

So while we do not have the best of players, outcome is determined on the field because the above three items can lead to a surprise outcome.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

wanaj0 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
mutiman wrote:
Football is a team sport. Sometimes the TEAM can be greater than the sum of the individual parts. While we don't have GREAT players individually, we can COMPENSATE for that with other attributes,

1) Passion and Desire. 11 great players will LOSE to average players filled with passion and desire. When Suarez used his hand to save the ball at RSA at the 2010 WC, I saw passion on display. It is something lacking in SE over the years. I looked at the U 20 in 1989. I saw Ugbade playing with injury. I saw a very limited Sam Elijah doing the 'impossible'. I saw them rose from the 'dead'. They were limited in so many ways but passion lifted them. It is not enough but it can help cover some weaknesses.

2) TEAM Work: It does happen that 11 great players don't always gel and work together as a team. Sometimes you have in fighting. That's why you have teams with GREAT players collapse. France at WC 2010 is another example. You need a TEAM not just a collection of individual players. We saw that with Germany this year. Great players made to look poor by good team with AVERAGE players. I don't think Greece had the best of players at the Euros when they won. Football is a TEAM game. Where players play and make sacrifices for the TEAM

3) LUCK. You cannot rule that out. A costly mistake and the game is settled! Player error, referee error can give you advantage.

So while we do not have the best of players, outcome is determined on the field because the above three items can lead to a surprise outcome.
Chief, all this stuffs you are teaching me is wonderful new informations I have never seen or heard before. Thank you too much. But can you help me understand why we are always defeated by Argentina? A whole us, and the result is always the same? What about why we have never made it out of the round of 16? Because we don't have a team? In 6 World Cups, luck just steadfastly refused to be on our side? And if you know this, why do the coaches not know it? Why have they been unable to instill this team work and passion and desire into 6 different world cup teams?

Biko help me, I am just trying to understand. :D