Mascherano quits Argentina national team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

June 30, 2018Tunde Eludini

Javier Mascherano {photo: talkSPORT]

Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano has announced his retirement from international football.
His decision to quit the Argentina national team is coming on the heels of his side’s 4-3 loss to France in the round of 16 of the World Cup on Saturday.
“This story has ended. We gave it our everything until the end,” the former Barcelona and Liverpool man told reporters after the match.
“It was a crazy match, in which we didn’t start well but we recovered and we turned it around. But their tying goal did so much damage to us.
“It cost us so much to lift ourselves up again. From this point on I will be just another fan of the Argentina national team. It is over. The illusion is shattered.”
He added: “It’s time to say goodbye and for the younger players to step in.”
Mascherano had previously said the 2018 World Cup would be his final tournament with Argentina.
The 34-year-old played the full 90 minutes in the match against France which marked his 147th appearance for his country, which is an Argentina record.
Mascherano, who has played at four World Cups, made his debut for Argentina in 2003 when he still hadn’t played professionally for River Plate.
Sadly, Mascherano is ending his illustrious time with Argentina without winning a major tournament.

His closest shot at silverware was when he helped Argentina reach the final of the 2014 World Cup and the 2015 and 2016 Copa Americas.
Argentina reserve midfielder Lucas Biglia also announced his retirement in the postmatch news conference, telling reporters: “I am going to step aside. I’ve realised there’s no place for me any longer.”
Biglia made 57 appearances for Argentina, scoring one goal, since making his debut in a 2011 friendly against Portugal.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top ... -team.html
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Mascherano quits Argentina national team

Post by charlie »

Who gives a ....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

charlie wrote:Who gives a ....

Really..... who gives a flying 4uvk? :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

pens wrote:Mascherano quits Argentina national team
June 30, 2018Tunde Eludini

Javier Mascherano {photo: talkSPORT]

Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano has announced his retirement from international football.
His decision to quit the Argentina national team is coming on the heels of his side’s 4-3 loss to France in the round of 16 of the World Cup on Saturday.
“This story has ended. We gave it our everything until the end,” the former Barcelona and Liverpool man told reporters after the match.
“It was a crazy match, in which we didn’t start well but we recovered and we turned it around. But their tying goal did so much damage to us.
“It cost us so much to lift ourselves up again. From this point on I will be just another fan of the Argentina national team. It is over. The illusion is shattered.”
He added: “It’s time to say goodbye and for the younger players to step in.”
Mascherano had previously said the 2018 World Cup would be his final tournament with Argentina.
The 34-year-old played the full 90 minutes in the match against France which marked his 147th appearance for his country, which is an Argentina record.
Mascherano, who has played at four World Cups, made his debut for Argentina in 2003 when he still hadn’t played professionally for River Plate.
Sadly, Mascherano is ending his illustrious time with Argentina without winning a major tournament.

His closest shot at silverware was when he helped Argentina reach the final of the 2014 World Cup and the 2015 and 2016 Copa Americas.
Argentina reserve midfielder Lucas Biglia also announced his retirement in the postmatch news conference, telling reporters: “I am going to step aside. I’ve realised there’s no place for me any longer.”
Biglia made 57 appearances for Argentina, scoring one goal, since making his debut in a 2011 friendly against Portugal.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top ... -team.html

The match is over, and the tournament is also over, yes...... Be a fan and enjoy the game more.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Messi next
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Finally when that freak butt messi quits I will be glad..dislike that overrated junkie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Still cant believe we lost to this useless Argentinian team. More reason why Rhor must go.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bret- hart wrote:Still cant believe we lost to this useless Argentinian team. More reason why Rhor must go.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Ighalo, oh Ighalo.
airwolex wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Still cant believe we lost to this useless Argentinian team. More reason why Rhor must go.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Undertaker wrote:
charlie wrote:Who gives a ....

Really..... who gives a flying 4uvk? :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
You seem overly bothered. One would have thought you'd be too happy to commit that generation of Argentine football to mother earth.

Obviously not :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano retires from international football after loss to France - See more at: https://goo.gl/AQNHBq

Bad belle Naija people, una don celebrate Argentina's demise finish? I am sure this story go sweet una too!
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

If he was African, his cards count and sending off would be much higher and he gets away many times cause he plays for Argentina. :mad:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Finally when that freak butt messi quits I will be glad..dislike that overrated junkie
don't be surprised Messi will be in Qatar 2022...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Vindave wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Finally when that freak butt messi quits I will be glad..dislike that overrated junkie
don't be surprised Messi will be in Qatar 2022...
On the bench. By then, Diblo Dybala will be orchestrating the Argie tango, and the dance will be so sweet he will insist that Messi warm the bench. :D