What Nigeria football needs?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
What Nigeria football needs?

Post by ohenhen1 »

1. Fix the NPFL and grassroot football. I like the Stephen Keshi U17 tournament that is about to start involving NPFL clubs. I also like U13 program. We have to do more. It is a disgrace that Taraba FC players haven't been paid for 2 years. That should not happen. Our youth players need a good league to play in. I say ban the transfer of any player that is U18 outside the country. Make it illegal for any Nigerian to be a part of any academy or a part of a foreign clubside until they turn 18. Mandatory training for all coaches in Nigeria before they can coach a game. Mandatory refresher courses. Sponsor our ex Internationals on training courses. Attach them to a NPFL club or a club in Europe or South America. The goal is to have half of the players playing the SE playing in Nigeria. This is the only way Nigeria will ever win the world cup. We can't depend on foreigners to develop our football. Just like we can't depend on foreigners to develop our country. Nigeria must develop its own country. We are fooling ourselves if we continue to depend on foreign based players. We have to go back to teaching our players creativity. We are producing too many robotic European style players. We no longer produce players like Okocha, Amuneke and etc.

2. In the short term what we can do to fix our football.

a. Hire a competent coach. Give the coach a 4 year contract until after Qatar 2022.
b. The coach will help create a National playing style. That same style will be taught to the U13, U17, U20 and U23 teams. Coaches won't be allowed to play a formation that is not been used by the Senior national team. This will make it easier to integrate players into the SE.
c. We have to find more creative midfielders. Midfielders that create scoring opportunities for the strikers. I like Etebo work rate. But he refuses to create scoring opportunities for the strikers. He either changes his mindset or he seats on the bench.
d. We have to find quicker central defenders. Balogun, Omeruo and Ekong are not the quickest.
e. We have to move Shehu back to central midfield. He is not a full back. Got to start Ebuehi at right backk and look for left back.
f. Got to find a striker. Iheanacho is a good support Striker. Musa is not a starter. I like his pace, but the final product is still a problem. Emenike retirement hurt us. Hopefully either Awoniyi or Osimhen or Success can develop. The coach should reach out to Success and find out what is up with him.
g. Maybe try out the 4-5-1 formation. Look for two true wingers and creative midfielders.

----------------------------------------------------Uzoho---------------------------------------------

------------Ebuehi-------------------Balogun-----------------Ekong-----------------------Idowu--------

------------------------------------------------Ndidi---------------------------------------------

--------Victor Moses------------Iwobi---------------------Nwakili--------------------Onyekuru------

-------------------------------------Iheanacho/Awoniyi/Osimhen/Nwankwo/Musa/Success-------------
Nwakili n playing in a more advanced role.

Even the 4-2-3-1 formation is a good formation if we have the creative players. Playing three midfielders that lack creativity will lead to low scoring opportunities.

---------------------------------------------------Uzoho------------------------------------------------

----------Ebuehi---------------------------Balogun------------------Ekong---------------------Idowu------

-----------------------------------Nwakili--------------------------Ndidi------------------------------

----------------V Moses----------------------------Iwobi---------------------------------Onyekuru-------

--------------------------------------------Awoniyi/Osimhen/Success/Iheanacho------------------------
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: What Nigeria football needs?

Post by ohenhen1 »

Watching Spain vs Russia. We need a player like Isco.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ndidi is a destroyer not a holding midfielder like Mikel,he can’t sit in a pocket and dictate the game via through balls and crosses.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Ndidi is a destroyer not a holding midfielder like Mikel,he can’t sit in a pocket and dictate the game via through balls and crosses.
Nwakili will be the deep lying midfield playmaker for Nigeria. Ndidi can focus on being a destroyer and making one or two forays forward to launch a shot on goal.

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ohenhen1 wrote:1. Fix the NPFL and grassroot football. I like the Stephen Keshi U17 tournament that is about to start involving NPFL clubs. I also like U13 program. We have to do more. It is a disgrace that Taraba FC players haven't been paid for 2 years. That should not happen. Our youth players need a good league to play in. I say ban the transfer of any player that is U18 outside the country. Make it illegal for any Nigerian to be a part of any academy or a part of a foreign clubside until they turn 18. Mandatory training for all coaches in Nigeria before they can coach a game. Mandatory refresher courses. Sponsor our ex Internationals on training courses. Attach them to a NPFL club or a club in Europe or South America. The goal is to have half of the players playing the SE playing in Nigeria. This is the only way Nigeria will ever win the world cup. We can't depend on foreigners to develop our football. Just like we can't depend on foreigners to develop our country. Nigeria must develop its own country. We are fooling ourselves if we continue to depend on foreign based players. We have to go back to teaching our players creativity. We are producing too many robotic European style players. We no longer produce players like Okocha, Amuneke and etc.

a. Hire a competent coach. Give the coach a 4 year contract until after Qatar 2022.
b. The coach will help create a National playing style.
That same style will be taught to the U13, U17, U20 and U23 teams. Coaches won't be allowed to play a formation that is not been used by the Senior national team. This will make it easier to integrate players into the SE.
c. We have to find more creative midfielders. Midfielders that create scoring opportunities for the strikers. I like Etebo work rate. But he refuses to create scoring opportunities for the strikers. He either changes his mindset or he seats on the bench.
d. We have to find quicker central defenders. Balogun, Omeruo and Ekong are not the quickest.
e. We have to move Shehu back to central midfield. He is not a full back. Got to start Ebuehi at right backk and look for left back.
f. Got to find a striker. Iheanacho is a good support Striker. Musa is not a starter. I like his pace, but the final product is still a problem. Emenike retirement hurt us. Hopefully either Awoniyi or Osimhen or Success can develop. The coach should reach out to Success and find out what is up with him.
g. Maybe try out the 4-5-1 formation. Look for two true wingers and creative midfielders.

----------------------------------------------------Uzoho---------------------------------------------

------------Ebuehi-------------------Balogun-----------------Ekong-----------------------Idowu--------

------------------------------------------------Ndidi---------------------------------------------

--------Victor Moses------------Iwobi---------------------Nwakili--------------------Onyekuru------

-------------------------------------Iheanacho/Awoniyi/Osimhen/Nwankwo/Musa/Success-------------
Nwakili n playing in a more advanced role.

Even the 4-2-3-1 formation is a good formation if we have the creative players. Playing three midfielders that lack creativity will lead to low scoring opportunities.

---------------------------------------------------Uzoho------------------------------------------------

----------Ebuehi---------------------------Balogun------------------Ekong---------------------Idowu------

-----------------------------------Nwakili--------------------------Ndidi------------------------------

----------------V Moses----------------------------Iwobi---------------------------------Onyekuru-------

--------------------------------------------Awoniyi/Osimhen/Success/Iheanacho------------------------
I thought they said Rohr is staying
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Stop using men to play the boys game
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

ohenhen1 wrote:1. Fix the NPFL and grassroot football. I like the Stephen Keshi U17 tournament that is about to start involving NPFL clubs. I also like U13 program. We have to do more. It is a disgrace that Taraba FC players haven't been paid for 2 years. That should not happen. Our youth players need a good league to play in. I say ban the transfer of any player that is U18 outside the country. Make it illegal for any Nigerian to be a part of any academy or a part of a foreign clubside until they turn 18. Mandatory training for all coaches in Nigeria before they can coach a game. Mandatory refresher courses. Sponsor our ex Internationals on training courses. Attach them to a NPFL club or a club in Europe or South America. The goal is to have half of the players playing the SE playing in Nigeria. This is the only way Nigeria will ever win the world cup. We can't depend on foreigners to develop our football. Just like we can't depend on foreigners to develop our country. Nigeria must develop its own country. We are fooling ourselves if we continue to depend on foreign based players. We have to go back to teaching our players creativity. We are producing too many robotic European style players. We no longer produce players like Okocha, Amuneke and etc.

b. The coach will help create a National playing style. That same style will be taught to the U13, U17, U20 and U23 teams. Coaches won't be allowed to play a formation that is not been used by the Senior national team. This will make it easier to integrate players into the SE.
@ohenhen1:

Point 2b is a very good point and also a key for success for all national teams(naija). I've noticed that almost all Bundesliga teams in Germany at the beginning of every season play same formation. Maybe this explains why German national teams are very strong..
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

All Nigeria needs is a good (not great) an honesty local coach......a coach with integrity and vested interest in the team not his pocket.....a coach that will work tirelessly even if the NFF sabotage his move. A coach that will not throw the camp open every chance he gets....

U get that, then the players will believe in the team, his system and the hope that he will lead them to the promise land.

If you cannot get the above then get an energetic young manager that has something to prove....I say Renard....

What Rohr lacked was the belief in these players....he never for once thought we had a chance.....

Even after the Iceland game, he came out and said that he thought this team is here to learn but we may have a chance.......before I thought the whole "here to learn thing" was mind games but after that statement......I know he had no belief at all in the team.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyi wrote:All Nigeria needs is a good (not great) an honesty local coach......a coach with integrity and vested interest in the team not his pocket.....a coach that will work tirelessly even if the NFF sabotage his move. A coach that will not throw the camp open every chance he gets....

U get that, then the players will believe in the team, his system and the hope that he will lead them to the promise land.

If you cannot get the above then get an energetic young manager that has something to prove....I say Renard....

What Rohr lacked was the belief in these players....he never for once thought we had a chance.....

Even after the Iceland game, he came out and said that he thought this team is here to learn but we may have a chance.......before I thought the whole "here to learn thing" was mind games but after that statement......I know he had no belief at all in the team.
Renard is a mercenary. He changes jobs like he is changing clothing. I don't want him. I like Tite from Brazil. We need to scout the Brazilian league for a similar coach for Nigeria. We need a coach that will coach Nigeria for the next 10 to 20 years. I don't care if it is local or foreign. My first choice will be Oliseh if he can reform his ways and become more diplomatic.

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Enyi wrote:All Nigeria needs is a good (not great) an honesty local coach......a coach with integrity and vested interest in the team not his pocket.....a coach that will work tirelessly even if the NFF sabotage his move. A coach that will not throw the camp open every chance he gets....

You are a Wowo-clown :lol: :lol: :lol: ....get the hell out of here.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Renard is a mercenary. He changes jobs like he is changing clothing. I don't want him. I like Tite from Brazil. We need to scout the Brazilian league for a similar coach for Nigeria. We need a coach that will coach Nigeria for the next 10 to 20 years. I don't care if it is local or foreign. My first choice will be Oliseh if he can reform his ways and become more diplomatic.
Brazilians are just as corrupt or corruptible as the rest of them....remember Brazil's national team were struggling badly despite their talent on the pitch and also several managers before Tite.....

We need a forward thinking coach.....Renard is a mercenary and you are correct maybe he is yet to find a home.....maybe that is SE....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

zee wrote:

Don't know what the WOWO means.....btw....I am white and English....

Secondly I advocated for Siasia to get the job the second time with the NFF (while the wanted every English journeyman going). While you were here typing from your mum's basement and throwing cheap insults.....

You want Rohr gone.......Man up and suggest a name....don't tell me it is not ur job cos last time I checked sacking them ain't ur job either.....

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote:
zee wrote:

Don't know what the WOWO means.....btw....I am white and English....

Secondly I advocated for Siasia to get the job the second time with the NFF (while the wanted every English journeyman going). While you were here typing from your mum's basement and throwing cheap insults.....

You want Rohr gone.......Man up and suggest a name....don't tell me it is not ur job cos last time I checked sacking them ain't ur job either.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Ndidi is a destroyer not a holding midfielder like Mikel,he can’t sit in a pocket and dictate the game via through balls and crosses.
Nwakili will be the deep lying midfield playmaker for Nigeria. Ndidi can focus on being a destroyer and making one or two forays forward to launch a shot on goal.
Can he at least start playing regularly and at a consistently high level first before you lot continue hyping this young man. Plleeeeeeaaaaasee!!!!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051