ROHR: TO STAY OR TO GO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Poll ended at Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Rohr Stays -
41%
Rohr Goes -
52%
Undecided -
7%

Total votes: 54

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Following the rather disappointing World Cup in spite of the unparalleled NFF and government support, many want Rohr to go. Some, including the NFF President, Pinnick, want him to stay. A few are undecided. Oya, cast your vote and let's channel it to the right quarters.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR: TO STAY OR TO GO

Post by waka-man »

Of course he stays. Are we mad? Will we never learn?
He stays
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You have to be a shameless crook to want him sacked after just 2 years in charge
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Personally, I am generally undecided, but my weight is pulling me to the said of letting Rohr STAY.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Stay but in a more technical advisory role. Let someone else be on the front line. I wonder if someone like Emenalo will be interested.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kbt wrote:Stay but in a more technical advisory role. Let someone else be on the front line. I wonder if someone like Emenalo will be interested.

I doubt Emenalo will leave his job at Monaco.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Luckily sensible people dont make important decisions using an internet poll.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Here we go again. All we ever do is change coaches, all the new coach ever does is give us the same result we had before .Why do Nigerians hate the idea of BUILDING by staying with a plan ? We do it with everything, from road construction ,agriculture to football teams. Everybody wants to tear down whats been on going and start his own.

Abacha,OBJ,Babangida, GEJ and now Buhari all had plans. Today we have no power,water or security. What do we do if the new hire doesn't qualify for Afcon after we've thrown away Rohr's gains? Do we then find another one? We did miss 2 Afcons with the previous coaches. Remember that?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Here we go again. All we ever do is change coaches, all the new coach ever does is give us the same result we had before .Why do Nigerians hate the idea of BUILDING by staying with a plan ? We do it with everything, from road construction ,agriculture to football teams. Everybody wants to tear down whats been on going and start his own.

Abacha,OBJ,Babangida, GEJ and now Buhari all had plans. Today we have no power,water or security. What do we do if the new hire doesn't qualify for Afcon after we've thrown away Rohr's gains? Do we then find another one? We did miss 2 Afcons with the previous coaches. Remember that?
A building with faulty foundation or cheap building materials will not last. We have to hire a competent coach. Reward good performance with a pay raise and longer tenure.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Here we go again. All we ever do is change coaches, all the new coach ever does is give us the same result we had before .Why do Nigerians hate the idea of BUILDING by staying with a plan ? We do it with everything, from road construction ,agriculture to football teams. Everybody wants to tear down whats been on going and start his own.

A building with faulty foundation or cheap building materials will not last. We have to hire a competent coach. Reward good performance with a pay raise and longer tenure.

you can reinforce the foundation and buy better material. Btw, the teams we lot to had much better foundations and material.Which coach will beat Modric with Etebo?
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:Following the rather disappointing World Cup in spite of the unparalleled NFF and government support, many want Rohr to go. Some, including the NFF President, Pinnick, want him to stay. A few are undecided. Oya, cast your vote and let's channel it to the right quarters.
Who are the many that want him to go? And if you know this, then what's the purpose of the poll? Rohr, the NFF, and even some of the players did not get any support from many of you yet you called their performance disappointing?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Stays. The SE don't have one single world class player and the boys did not give all they have. Not the coach's fault and if he is leaving bring on a local coach.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

you can reinforce the foundation and buy better material. Btw, the teams we lot to had much better foundations and material.Which coach will beat Modric with Etebo?
A coach that is not scared and plays Etebo in the advanced role.

No matter how much you reinforce it. You can't mask cheap materials. You have to tear down that foundation and rebuild it.

We can't reward mediocrity and a coach that doesn't believe in the team that he is coaching. He has been in charge for two years. He was the one that scouted and invited the players to camp.
Fire him and hire a new coach.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:You have to be a shameless crook to want him sacked after just 2 years in charge
Button it, you clown.

There are valid views on both sides of the debate - quit calling people crooks because they take an opposing view.

Sorry to say this but I've read your posts on here and have reached the conclusion that you're as dumb as a rock and a contender for the most stupid member that's ever posted on CE. Heaven knows this forum has witnessed some morons, some trolls, and some know-nothings over the years but you take the absolute cake.

You know I've actually lost brain cells when reading your posts? After reading your posts I temporarily forget how to do basic tasks and functions like doing laundry or washing dishes. Seriously, your posts should come with a health warning such is their rank stupidity. If I knew how to block a member's posts then I'd really give consideration to blocking yours. Abeg, try to stop your torrent of nonsense. Please!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Rohr himself would have learnt much from this tournament, including mistakes he made. It will be stupid to discard that experience now.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ogiso wrote:Rohr himself would have learnt much from this tournament, including mistakes he made. It will be stupid to discard that experience now.
If I were running the NFF, I would fire him now. Our next game is in September. Have a new coach in place by end of July. Try to keep the GK coaches, physical trainer and the video guy. Every one else should be fired including the Nigerian coaches attached to Rohr. Nigeria must never play cowardly football again.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Rohr is two years into the rebuilding process necessitated by missing 3 out of the past 4 Nations Cup tournaments. We were at our lowest point ever as far as I can remember and had the daunting task of overcoming a group of fellow African Nations Cup winners to go to the World Cup. Virtually nobody gave us a chance, yet we were the first African side to qualify, lapping the competition in our so called group of death with such ease that we were able to absorb a 3 point penalty for an administrative lapse.

We went to the World Cup with a team so inexperienced on the international stage that 17 of our 23 players were playing in their FIRST EVER INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT FOR THE SUPER EAGLES. Pause and let that sink in for the moment and then come back and tell me why we had any right to all the unreasonable expectations that were placed on the squad other than the usual 'can do' mentality of Nigerians mixed with the unbridled optimism that we have as fans. Yes, the NFF gave them unprecedented support, but the truth is that they were simply doing what they are supposed to have been doing all this while.

Look, what the World Cup has shown us is that there is still much more work to be done for Nigerian football to achieve the heights that we all believe it can. And firing a coach who has done very well so far in terms of building the team would be a step backwards, in my opinion. Rohr, in my view, is on his way to building a monster and we must eschew the fire brigade approach for once and let him finish the task. We have another huge test coming next summer (the 2019 African Nations Cup) and if the team doesn't continue to improve and show signs of growth we will know it. We will at that point also be armed with 3 years and two tournaments worth of data on Rohr and will be better positioned to take a rational decision on whether or not he's the coach to take us to the 2022 World Cup.

Rohr should stay.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The reason why Rohr should go.

1. He didn't believe in his own team.
2. He played cowardely football
3. Didn't make the right technical changes at the key moments of the game. His decisions against Argentina were amateurish at best.

Fire him.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:

The foundation is far from faulty. The building blocks of a really good team are already in place. We simply need to continue to work and forge ahead.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mystic wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

The foundation is far from faulty. The building blocks of a really good team are already in place. We simply need to continue to work and forge ahead.
I am looking at Rohr resume. Has he ever built a championship winning side?

Why was he hired?

The way Nigeria played against Croatia was troubling. I can't get over it. It is the world cup. If we lose, we lose. But at least play to win.

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

In four years, Nigeria would have spent 864,000,000.( 864 Million Naira) in salaries alone to Rohr.
Imagine what close to a billion Naira could do for football developments, infrastructures, improving our local league and training of our local coaches?
Talk about misplaced priorities. And we wonder why our country is regressing. SMDH!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ekorian wrote:In four years, Nigeria would have spent 864,000,000.( 864 Million Naira) in salaries alone to Rohr.
Imagine what close to a billion Naira could do for football developments, infrastructures, improving our local league and training of our local coaches?
Talk about misplaced priorities. And we wonder why our country is regressing. SMDH!
You obviously know nothing about Nigeria. N1billion ain’t gotta develope jack s&$t in Nigeria unless all you want to do is put goal posts on dusty stone filled neighborhood pitches. It won’t even cover the stomach infrastructure of putting up the goal posts. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ekorian wrote:In four years, Nigeria would have spent 864,000,000.( 864 Million Naira) in salaries alone to Rohr.
You obviously know nothing about Nigeria. N1billion ain’t gotta develope jack s&$t in Nigeria unless all you want to do is put goal posts on dusty stone filled neighborhood pitches. It won’t even cover the stomach infrastructure of putting up the goal posts. :roll:
I was addressing his salaries and not even other incentives. Forget about other developments for argument's sake. How many local coaches can 2 million dollars help with international coaching courses? . Will Rohr somehow steal the cup to Nigeria in 4 years?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD