So, How Does it Feel to Go Out After Only 3 Games?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: So, How Does it Feel to Go Out After Only 3 Games?

Post by 1naija »

ohsee wrote:
1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
ohsee wrote: :scared:
Haiiiiii Doc, you fall my hand here big time o o o o! A multi-billion dollar event/business enterprise where national teams carry the hopes and aspirations of their nation IS NOT JUST A GAME!

Eze Pele, the O Rei of Brazil, once said that once African people begin to take the World Cup as more than just a game, then they will begin to contend for the cup. Until then, why bother yourself and invest vast amounts of time, money and effort for something that is "just a game?"
Oga Ohsee, my wife repeats that "it's only a game" stuff.

It's not just national teams. When you see how serious people run clubs, you would know its more than just a game: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/more-than-just-a-game/

At the end of the day it is just a game!

A club is a business. While there may be financial benefits for successes and consequences for failures, it is still just a game. No same person will jump off a cliff because of the outcome of the game, so in the big scheme of thing, IT IS JUST A GAME!
:lol:
Yup. That's why your administrators chop game money, your players play like they just don't care because it is just a game, and you regularly go out after three games and don't care because it is just a game. All that stuff about jumping off a cliff is just strawman nonsense. No one said you should jump off a cliff. Anyway, one day we will learn.
Only 8 countries out of 195 countries in the world have won the WC. Of these 8 countries, only one of modern day winners are among the top 5 economic powerhouses of the world. I guess the other top economic nations that haven't won the world cup didn't get the memo that they are supposed to use the economic prowess to win several cups. Common man!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

1naija wrote:
ohsee wrote:
1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Haiiiiii Doc, you fall my hand here big time o o o o! A multi-billion dollar event/business enterprise where national teams carry the hopes and aspirations of their nation IS NOT JUST A GAME!

Eze Pele, the O Rei of Brazil, once said that once African people begin to take the World Cup as more than just a game, then they will begin to contend for the cup. Until then, why bother yourself and invest vast amounts of time, money and effort for something that is "just a game?"

It's not just national teams. When you see how serious people run clubs, you would know its more than just a game: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/more-than-just-a-game/

A club is a business. While there may be financial benefits for successes and consequences for failures, it is still just a game. No same person will jump off a cliff because of the outcome of the game, so in the big scheme of thing, IT IS JUST A GAME!
Yup. That's why your administrators chop game money, your players play like they just don't care because it is just a game, and you regularly go out after three games and don't care because it is just a game. All that stuff about jumping off a cliff is just strawman nonsense. No one said you should jump off a cliff. Anyway, one day we will learn.
Only 8 countries out of 195 countries in the world have won the WC. Of these 8 countries, only one of modern day winners are among the top 5 economic powerhouses of the world. I guess the other top economic nations that haven't won the world cup didn't get the memo that they are supposed to use the economic prowess to win several cups. Common man!
:rotf:
Shinior Hunkul, driving cabu-cabu is only a game. :thumbs:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Kabalega wrote:I'm asking because I don't know and really want to know how peeps are feeling.

Please do not bring UG Cranes, into it ...
This is about Naija and how they feel.
So stay on the topic. :D :thumbs:
Ask.......

Germany.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohsee wrote:
1naija wrote:
ohsee wrote:
1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Shinior Hunkul, driving cabu-cabu is only a game. :thumbs:

Yeah very very very grand uncle, it's not a way of life like a Walmart greeter. :D
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

GG of G wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Kabalega wrote:I'm asking because I don't know and really want to know how peeps are feeling.

My work is full of World cup fanatics. I then showed a coworker a Ugandan flag and ask if he knew what was that. He looked for a couple minutes and finally said he thought it was dumb to have two German flags sewn together just to trap a rooster :lol:
Please stop talking about football.
Una go kill persin for here :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Underrated diss on the world cup period right here :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:

You are confused and contradicting yourself. Do you know the meaning of "just" and "more"? "Just" is like "totally", "completely", etc. If football is a business with financial benefits, like you said, then it is more than a game and not just a game! It means there is more to the football than 22 people running about. It means it is more than your kai-kai downing competition. You can't call a multibillion $ industry manned by professionals, technical experts, sports scientists, involving corporations, etc just a game.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:

You are confused and contradicting yourself. Do you know the meaning of "just" and "more"? "Just" is like "totally", "completely", etc. If football is a business with financial benefits, like you said, then it is more than a game and not just a game! It means there is more to the football than 22 people running about. It means it is more than your kai-kai downing competition. You can't call a multibillion $ industry manned by professionals, technical experts, sports scientists, involving corporations, etc just a game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't mind my senior uncle. He stopped driving Uber for the Wol Cup, and has been shaaking JW since early momo. :D :lol: Forgive him, biko, it's not him talking, Johnny talks a lot of nonsense. :D
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Ekorian wrote:

My work is full of football fanatics. I then showed a co-worker a Ugandan flag and asked if he knew what was that. He looked for a couple minutes and finally said he thought it was dumb to have two German flags sewn together just to trap a rooster :lol:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

GG of G wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

My work is full of World cup fanatics. I then showed a coworker a Ugandan flag and ask if he knew what was that. He looked for a couple minutes and finally said he thought it was dumb to have two German flags sewn together just to trap a rooster :lol:
Una go kill persin for here :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:

:???: :???: :rotf: Lol. You should listen to your wife and stop posting gibberish.

Football is a just game played by 2 teams with 3 possible outcome ... win, lose, or draw. JUST A GAME.

That someone or group or corporation monetizes it and turns it into a lucrative profitable business does not change the above simple FUNDAMENTAL FACT. Or would you like me to list some countries where the game is played and it's not a multibillion dollars business? Come on man.

Homework ... go and watch the documentary ..The Christmas Truce!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

We will soon charge Kabalega for using this site. :thumb:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote: :???: :???: :rotf: Lol. You should listen to your wife and stop posting gibberish.

Football is a just game played by 2 teams with 3 possible outcome ... win, lose, or draw. JUST A GAME.

That someone or group or corporation monetizes it and turns it into a lucrative profitable business does not change the above simple FUNDAMENTAL FACT. Or would you like me to list some countries where the game is played and it's not a multibillion dollars business? Come on man.

Homework ... go and watch the documentary ..The Christmas Truce!
:lol: :lol: :lol: So once it is "monetized" and turned into a multibillion $ industry, like the WC, CL, EPL, etc it stops being "just a game"!! If you and your JW guzzling bobos organise a football match, it is just a game. The football at the WC, CL, EPL, etc level is not just a game! You have already admitted it is a business. So it is more than a game. Put down the bottle and stop talking rubbish!
http://www.naijiant.com/
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote:

My work is full of football fanatics. I then showed a co-worker a Ugandan flag and asked if he knew what was that. He looked for a couple minutes and finally said he thought it was dumb to have two German flags sewn together just to trap a rooster :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Kabalega, in above are the responses to your question. I hope you DON'T want more, but if you do, be ready for the torture
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Ekorian wrote:

Why now? This is not fair. Catching a cock with 2 German flags
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

nemi2002 wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

Why now? This is not fair. Catching a cock with 2 German flags
Can you Imagine that a Country known for Ugali eating contest and Mud-wrestling teasing Nigerians about football?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Honestly not a good feeling. I couldn't sleep before the game and I couldn't sleep after we got kicked out. But I'd rather have this feeling than the feeling of not making it we experienced in 2006.

in terms of feelings... having a chance after the second round of games >> having no chance after the second game >>>> not qualifying
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ekorian wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:Image
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

jette1 wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:Image
:lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...content to be with the big boys :thumbs:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ekorian wrote:

:D :taunt: :taunt: :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ekorian wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That white round thing on the flag is a footie with a Crane stamped on it.

But this is a Naija thread....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote:

...content to be with the big boys :thumbs:
Saudi Arabia? :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

niyi wrote:Honestly not a good feeling. I couldn't sleep before the game and I couldn't sleep after we got kicked out. But I'd rather have this feeling than the feeling of not making it we experienced in 2006.

in terms of feelings... having a chance after the second round of games >> having no chance after the second game >>>> not qualifying
Really? Interesting.

Some might say that watching games as a neutral is fun.
I hope make up for the lost sleep.
These Eagles (and other African teams) are not good for one's health.