Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Echiejile, Onazi & Ighalo for ANC game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Echiejile, Onazi & Ighalo for ANC game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gernot Rohr set to drop veterans Akpeyi, Echiejile, Onazi and Ighalo for Nations Cup qualifier - See more at: https://goo.gl/XSm6Fc

So the rebuilding starts. To be honest, if we had taken say Henry Onyekuru, Abdukl Ajagun and Kelechi Nwakali to Russia, we would be in the quarter finals now.

Rohr's biggest weakness is his sentimental attachment to the players who prosecuted the qualifiers. It was crystal clear that some of them were not good enough for the World Cup, yet he stuck by them.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Echiejile, Onazi & Ighalo for ANC g

Post by walesvilla »

Mikel Moses and Obi can also join the resting players- Make Balogun or Ugo temp captain.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Na wa! no be you talk say Ighalo na best 9ja striker ? it be like say your eye come clear ! (no improvement from his under 21 days). Let all the other names mentioned make an impact at club level .......... all this name calling no am.

The game against Atletico Madrid, the B team lost playing at home yet it is those players that would have made a difference in Russia
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is not set in stone.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why have we allowed this site to be a dumping ground of fake news, yet we some moderators here harassing people for posting threads that they feel sounds like another thread. We have our priorities mixed up!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Ayo, you are very good at delivering sensational headlines that attract attention. I appeal to you Sir that you should endeavour to make truth your watchword.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote:Why have we allowed this site to be a dumping ground of fake news, yet we some moderators here harassing people for posting threads that they feel sounds like another thread. We have our priorities mixed up!
for once you're right, every story ayo posts is fake news.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:Why have we allowed this site to be a dumping ground of fake news, yet we some moderators here harassing people for posting threads that they feel sounds like another thread. We have our priorities mixed up!
it's shocking and you have cellular coming here to post rubbish supporting this crap..anyways the real olodos are those who clicks on the links and then choose to discuss the fake news, like the brain fart dude who made the first comment after the OP ..yes i am talking to you walesville
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Trost-Ekong for [temp] captain :)
walesvilla wrote:Mikel Moses and Obi can also join the resting players- Make Balogun or Ugo temp captain.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gernot Rohr set to drop veterans Akpeyi, Echiejile, Onazi and Ighalo for Nations Cup qualifier - See more at: https://goo.gl/XSm6Fc

So the rebuilding starts. To be honest, if we had taken say Henry Onyekuru, Abdukl Ajagun and Kelechi Nwakali to Russia, we would be in the quarter finals now.

Rohr's biggest weakness is his sentimental attachment to the players who prosecuted the qualifiers. It was crystal clear that some of them were not good enough for the World Cup, yet he stuck by them.
Can we stop all this "had we" business??Geez...and your bolded statement is rubbish...how many qualifiers did the goalie, ebuehi and the Russian left back play?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Bros..you're going to have to begin citing sources other than just your website for this kind of news.

I have flagged this post
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gernot Rohr set to drop veterans Akpeyi, Echiejile, Onazi and Ighalo for Nations Cup qualifier - See more at: https://goo.gl/XSm6Fc

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nanijoe wrote:Bros..you're going to have to begin citing sources other than just your website for this kind of news.

I have flagged this post

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

nanijoe wrote:Bros..you're going to have to begin citing sources other than just your website for this kind of news.

I have flagged this post

He is a journalist (CE Contributing editor). His site is the 'news' site. Not sure what other source you want.

If you think his site is JUNK just ignore it.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Thats not how it works..I think we have a right to not have someone consistently [intentionally] misinform us, under the guise of being a journalist
wanaj0 wrote:

I have flagged this post

He is a journalist (CE Contributing editor). His site is the 'news' site. Not sure what other source you want.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

nanijoe wrote:Thats not how it works..I think we have a right to not have someone consistently [intentionally] misinform us, under the guise of being a journalist
wanaj0 wrote:

I have flagged this post

Misinform? Pity those who believe they can get any 'information' from him.

He has a right to post 'news'. People still post from owngoal. I expect people to put him on their ignore list :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Spamming is bad for your health Ayo :taunt:
Last edited by 2drama on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Why una dey spoil Ayo market na? :sneaky:
Last edited by cchinukw on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

walesvilla wrote:Mikel Moses and Obi can also join the resting players- Make Balogun or Ugo temp captain.
Lol. Una done start again. Isn't that the approach you people advised for the last ANC qualifier against SA that we lost 0-2 in Uyo? Amnesia. :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I agree with nanijoe 100%.
This is indefensible.
Oga Cellular, I think you are wrong on this.

I might as well wake up and write a piece of total fiction on my blog, repeat it on CE and then quote my blog as my source.

It is playing the CE community for fools.
Mba. :boo: :boo: :boo:

nanijoe wrote:Thats not how it works..I think we have a right to not have someone consistently [intentionally] misinform us, under the guise of being a journalist
wanaj0 wrote:

I have flagged this post

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'll be fine with dropping Akpeyi and Uwa. Onazi and Ighalo still have something to offer the SE.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

olu wrote:I'll be fine with dropping Akpeyi and Uwa. Onazi and Ighalo still have something to offer the SE.
Onazi and Ighalo have nothing to offer the SE, its time we start telling ourselves the truth here.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Who's that?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Rohr is a journeyman that was out of his depth. The politics of the 30 man list (instead of the 35) proved something was amiss. The refusal to open the door to capable players outside his "family" contributed to the lack of depth, hence, there were several players that never played and would never have been in consideration to play. His refusal to learn from the friendlies and his inflexibility contributed to our eventual ouster. I'm miffed!

PS- Through the next week, I'll still be venting at Rohr. I was so emotionally vested in this World Cup, it annoys me even more after our exit and seeing what the likes of South Korea, Colombia, Russia and Japan have been able to achieve with self-belief.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"