FIFA BAN LOOMS: FG directs Chris Giwa to Take over

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA BAN LOOMS: FG directs Chris Giwa to Take over

Post by realtrouble »

oglex30 wrote:
bully12 wrote:I hope it is true. Mr Picnnick's tenure has been a major disappointment and an absolute embarrassment to the government. In spite of the gargantuan support from the government nothing to show for it . Not even one success event has been recorded since their inception but failures upon failures, It is time to try another hand . After all the man came through the back his shameful departure should not surprise any insane person.
What a disgraceful comment. Smh
What is disgraceful about the truth. Pinnick so-called administrative success has accomplished nothing in terms of results.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

realtrouble wrote:
oglex30 wrote:
bully12 wrote:I hope it is true. Mr Picnnick's tenure has been a major disappointment and an absolute embarrassment to the government. In spite of the gargantuan support from the government nothing to show for it . Not even one success event has been recorded since their inception but failures upon failures, It is time to try another hand . After all the man came through the back his shameful departure should not surprise any insane person.
What is disgraceful about the truth. Pinnick so-called administrative success has accomplished nothing in terms of results.
With due and massive respect RT what has what you just posted got to do with the future of Nigerian football currently under threat of being committed to mother earth? :?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

realtrouble wrote:
oglex30 wrote:
realtrouble,

You make the mistake of thinking that this is about Pinnick. It has little to do with him. Many people who are against Dalung's current act may well be against Pinnick returning as NFF President. Hopefully, you understand the difference.

This is about process. There is a process for removing the NFF President and the board. That process is via an election which is actually coming up soon. Instead what we have here is the destruction of that process by Dalung and his people, including Giwa who is in fact suspended from football activities any where in this world. He is persona non grata. Thus enthroning him is to simply state that Nigeria is willing to remove itself from participation in any international football activity. That is what is at stake here. I hope that is clear.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

realtrouble wrote:
oglex30 wrote:
There is nothing truthful about your comment.

Administrative success and stability is an accomplishment.
Qualifying for the WC is an accomplishment.
Getting major sponsorship onboard with real and independent funding for the NFF without government intervention is an accomplishment.
Running a WC campaign with ZERO ISSUES is an accomplishment
Paying players, coaches and staff on time is an accomplishment

You cannot pick and chose the accomplishments that suite your agenda and ignore others. It is dishonest and does not serve the interests of Nigeria.

Now, if you want to talk about the choice of coaching staff, and results at the WC and Nations Cup, lets have that debate.

But if you want to discuss intelligently, start by at least acknowledging the accomplishments of the Pinnick administration.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: realtrouble,

You make the mistake of thinking that this is about Pinnick. It has little to do with him. Many people who are against Dalung's current act may well be against Pinnick returning as NFF President. Hopefully, you understand the difference.

This is about process. There is a process for removing the NFF President and the board. That process is via an election which is actually coming up soon. Instead what we have here is the destruction of that process by Dalung and his people, including Giwa who is in fact suspended from football activities any where in this world. He is persona non grata. Thus enthroning him is to simply state that Nigeria is willing to remove itself from participation in any international football activity. That is what is at stake here. I hope that is clear.
Enugu II, I am kind of disappointed that you have fallen for the narrative of Dalung and his people. This is wrong and I expect that you will be above board on this issue. Chris Giwa and Dalung are from the same state so what?

Let's deal with process, there is a supreme court judgement and the supervising ministry is supposed to fold it's hands and ignore the court judgement? The Director General of the Nigerian Railway Corporation has been sentenced to three months in jail for contempt of court. Nigeria law is supreme to FIFA statue (FIFA obeyed Swiss court judgement)...

Let's follow the process which was started when the court declared that no election should hold until the court resolved issues regarding the election of Giwa. They went ahead and conducted an another election.

A peace meeting was organised to try and resolve the matter, we know Pinnick was having none of it, we know how it ended with the subsequent destruction of Giwa FC as punishment and all Pinnick friends in the media starting bringing up ethnicity (Dalung and Giwa from the same state etc).

Better blame NFF legal adviser on this issue. If the Attorney general gave a directive to the sports ministry, what should the minister do? Fold his hands? The case has been sent back to the Federal High Court for hearing... Has the NFF started its defense or they are relying on FIFA statue?

Let's be fair and objective taking into account both sides of the argument.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

charlie wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
oglex30 wrote:
There is nothing truthful about your comment.

Administrative success and stability is an accomplishment.
Qualifying for the WC is an accomplishment.
Getting major sponsorship onboard with real and independent funding for the NFF without government intervention is an accomplishment.
Running a WC campaign with ZERO ISSUES is an accomplishment
Paying players, coaches and staff on time is an accomplishment

You cannot pick and chose the accomplishments that suite your agenda and ignore others. It is dishonest and does not serve the interests of Nigeria.

Now, if you want to talk about the choice of coaching staff, and results at the WC and Nations Cup, lets have that debate.

But if you want to discuss intelligently, start by at least acknowledging the accomplishments of the Pinnick administration.
The biggest mistake Pinnick made was going public with his plans to make football independent of government funding.
Football is the cash cow for sports ministers and he wants to cut that off.
Also FIFA world cup funds are coming in and they're waiting for it to chop it like they did with previous ones.
The Dalung group are not stupid, they know that what they're doing by imposing Giwa cannot stand but they're firing the first shot regarding the NFF elections and they want Pinnick to know that they're ready for him.
The best option for Pinnick is to hold a press conference and expose the Sports Minister's agenda to Nigerians, then he should resign. That will rattle the Sports Minister's camp and then get the congress to support either of his Vice-Presidents for continuity, that would reassure sponsors.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote:

Enugu II, I am kind of disappointed that you have fallen for the narrative of Dalung and his people. This is wrong and I expect that you will be above board on this issue. Chris Giwa and Dalung are from the same state so what?

You are probably referring to Pinnick and his people. In any case, I am not bound by anyone's narrative but by what I think is best for Nigeria. IMHO, the courts have no business in this matter. NFF is affiliated to FIFA and has agreed to abide by FIFA rules, which calls for arbitration on these matters. Giwa followed that process and only moved to courts when arbitration did not grant him victory. I just don't support that. If you lose following the process then accept it and move on. There is no way Giwa can be NFF President. That much is certain. If he becomes then he will do so under Nigeria's suspension. He cannot be NFF President while the NFF is affiliated and in good standing with FIFA. Think about that, a man suspended already by FIFA now leading a FIFA affiliate? That won't happen, my brother.

Let's deal with process, there is a supreme court judgement and the supervising ministry is supposed to fold it's hands and ignore the court judgement? The Director General of the Nigerian Railway Corporation has been sentenced to three months in jail for contempt of court. Nigeria law is supreme to FIFA statue (FIFA obeyed Swiss court judgement)...

Bros, I hope you realize that Dalung took this matter to the AG. The AG issued an opinion in a letter that had been distributed widely in the Nigerian press. The AG reportedly declared that, at this point, the government had no say because the matter is yet to be resolved by the courts. The AG made it clear in the letter that making the government take a position is subjudice. However, Dalung has ignored that and declared a position. I hope you realize all that. This is no longer about the merits of case but about politics. This move endangers the interest of Nigeria's football regardless of Pinnick, Dalung, and/or Giwa. That is the problem. That is what I resent and why I am truly miffed. Why not follow the AG's advice?

Let's follow the process which was started when the court declared that no election should hold until the court resolved issues regarding the election of Giwa. They went ahead and conducted an another election.

A peace meeting was organised to try and resolve the matter, we know Pinnick was having none of it, we know how it ended with the subsequent destruction of Giwa FC as punishment and all Pinnick friends in the media starting bringing up ethnicity (Dalung and Giwa from the same state etc).

Better blame NFF legal adviser on this issue. If the Attorney general gave a directive to the sports ministry, what should the minister do? Fold his hands? The case has been sent back to the Federal High Court for hearing... Has the NFF started its defense or they are relying on FIFA statue?

BTW, the NFF has responded in court. IMHO, what the NFF should simply do is ask the courts to hands off by citing the arbitration rules of FIFA which binds all those supposedly involved in football. What I sense is that this is a way to force a politically negotiated solution that provides Giwa some access to the NFF. If I was in the position of NFF, that is simply non-negotiable. The man is suspended and should remain suspended.

Being objective, and above all thinking NIGERIA first, is the position that I have taken. I am certain that Giwa will not lead Nigeria NFF. That much I am certain. What I am also certain about is that Nigerian football will be suspended if the Minister continues his action. I am certain of all those. As for Pinnick, that is not the issue for me. If they want him replaced then do so through the process of election and not through the back door. And if Pinnick is to be replaced, it cannot be with Giwa. Giwa as replacement is simply an impossibility. That is my position.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:
fabio wrote:

You are probably referring to Pinnick and his people. In any case, I am not bound by anyone's narrative but by what I think is best for Nigeria. IMHO, the courts have no business in this matter. NFF is affiliated to FIFA and has agreed to abide by FIFA rules, which calls for arbitration on these matters. Giwa followed that process and only moved to courts when arbitration did not grant him victory. I just don't support that. If you lose following the process then accept it and move on. There is no way Giwa can be NFF President. That much is certain. If he becomes then he will do so under Nigeria's suspension. He cannot be NFF President while the NFF is affiliated and in good standing with FIFA. Think about that, a man suspended already by FIFA now leading a FIFA affiliate? That won't happen, my brother.

Bros, I hope you realize that Dalung took this matter to the AG. The AG issued an opinion in a letter that had been distributed widely in the Nigerian press. The AG reportedly declared that, at this point, the government had no say because the matter is yet to be resolved by the courts. The AG made it clear in the letter that making the government take a position is subjudice. However, Dalung has ignored that and declared a position. I hope you realize all that. This is no longer about the merits of case but about politics. This move endangers the interest of Nigeria's football regardless of Pinnick, Dalung, and/or Giwa. That is the problem. That is what I resent and why I am truly miffed. Why not follow the AG's advice?

BTW, the NFF has responded in court. IMHO, what the NFF should simply do is ask the courts to hands off by citing the arbitration rules of FIFA which binds all those supposedly involved in football. What I sense is that this is a way to force a politically negotiated solution that provides Giwa some access to the NFF. If I was in the position of NFF, that is simply non-negotiable. The man is suspended and should remain suspended.

Being objective, and above all thinking NIGERIA first, is the position that I have taken. I am certain that Giwa will not lead Nigeria NFF. That much I am certain. What I am also certain about is that Nigerian football will be suspended if the Minister continues his action. I am certain of all those. As for Pinnick, that is not the issue for me. If they want him replaced then do so through the process of election and not through the back door. And if Pinnick is to be replaced, it cannot be with Giwa. Giwa as replacement is simply an impossibility. That is my position.
Enugu II, Thank you for your reply. It is always a pleasure debating with you.

There are still some anomalies that are unresolved. My understanding I could be wrong is: The court process had already started before the case was taken to FIFA and CAS.
Before then, a Jos High Court had ruled that Giwa, who was elected by a disputed NFF congress at Chida Hotel, Abuja in August 2014, was duly elected president of the body.

Giwa’s group aver that Pinnick’s election in Warri in 2014 was null and void since it was conducted in defiance of a High Court order, arguing that the defendants cannot gain from disobedience of a court order.
https://guardian.ng/sport/nigerias-part ... nick-case/

http://www.enca.com/africa/fifa-gives-n ... til-friday
Justice Musa Haruna Kurya delivered the ruling on Friday over the re-listed suit challenging the election process of September 30, 2014 in Warri.

Before the elections in Warri, Christopher Giwa, in controversial circumstance had been declared new President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) through another congress in Abuja.

In 2015, Justice Ambrose Allagoa, who presided over the hearing, had ruled that the election as well as the congress preceding it were against his orders and ordered the plaintiff Christopher Giwa to return to office.
https://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/08/j ... -election/

Secondly, I have also searched for the AG letter distributed widely in the Nigerian Press. Please do you have a link? I can't find any, maybe, I am looking in the wrong place.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: The biggest mistake Pinnick made was going public with his plans to make football independent of government funding.
Football is the cash cow for sports ministers and he wants to cut that off.
Also FIFA world cup funds are coming in and they're waiting for it to chop it like they did with previous ones.
The Dalung group are not stupid, they know that what they're doing by imposing Giwa cannot stand but they're firing the first shot regarding the NFF elections and they want Pinnick to know that they're ready for him.
The best option for Pinnick is to hold a press conference and expose the Sports Minister's agenda to Nigerians, then he should resign. That will rattle the Sports Minister's camp and then get the congress to support either of his Vice-Presidents for continuity, that would reassure sponsors.
The Nigerian Govt still funds the NFF.

Pinnick should expose the Dalung agenda. I hope unlike you, Pinnick has enough proof before exposing people in a press conference as real life is not CE.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When you rush on to fire the NFF president only to install someone who is already serving suspension, whatever debates that is worth having ends there. It ends there because common sense has lost its way. But trust our people to keep find finding merit where there is none to be found. I hope one day i wont have to use the word Jungle to describe my beautiful country, but the way the citizens are running and ruining it, that day draws near everyday.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
fabio wrote:

Enugu II, Thank you for your reply. It is always a pleasure debating with you.

There are still some anomalies that are unresolved. My understanding I could be wrong is: The court process had already started before the case was taken to FIFA and CAS.
Before then, a Jos High Court had ruled that Giwa, who was elected by a disputed NFF congress at Chida Hotel, Abuja in August 2014, was duly elected president of the body.

Giwa’s group aver that Pinnick’s election in Warri in 2014 was null and void since it was conducted in defiance of a High Court order, arguing that the defendants cannot gain from disobedience of a court order.
https://guardian.ng/sport/nigerias-part ... nick-case/

http://www.enca.com/africa/fifa-gives-n ... til-friday
Justice Musa Haruna Kurya delivered the ruling on Friday over the re-listed suit challenging the election process of September 30, 2014 in Warri.

Before the elections in Warri, Christopher Giwa, in controversial circumstance had been declared new President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) through another congress in Abuja.

In 2015, Justice Ambrose Allagoa, who presided over the hearing, had ruled that the election as well as the congress preceding it were against his orders and ordered the plaintiff Christopher Giwa to return to office.
https://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/08/j ... -election/

Secondly, I have also searched for the AG letter distributed widely in the Nigerian Press. Please do you have a link? I can't find any, maybe, I am looking in the wrong place.
Fabio,

You pointed out that the case was still in court before it was taken to FIFA and CAS. Sure it was taken to court by Giwa which was a contravention of FIFA statutes. That is why FIFA stepped in and announced impending Nigeria's suspension date if you recall. This forced the then Minister Danagogo to call in both Giwa and Pinnick to appeal for peace. At this point FIFA's FIFA's hammer was about to fall and DAnagogo who was supporting GIwa was petrified about the impending action. The meeting let to Giwa withdrawing the case. The link is below:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/spor ... 60332.html

I believe Giwa went back and re-listed the case after he failed to get his way with FIFA and CAS and failed to reach some favorable outcome from an attempted negotiation with Pinnick that was presided over by Dalung.

I have not also found the AG letter online and I am not tech savvy to know how to place a WhatsApp copy here. If I can place the contents here I will do so after I relocate it.

In any case, here is what I can presume is happening and my thoughts about them.

1. This is a strong-arm tactics to get Pinnick to the negotiation table and have him rescind suspension of Giwa in order to make Giwa eligible for participation in upcoming election. If I am in Pinnick's position, no threat by the Minister or EFCC will force me to make such a decision. This is a ban that has not only been supported by CAF but also by FIFA. That ban must stay on.

2. This is a strong-arm tactics to "capture" control of the upcoming election while removing Pinnick. In a sense the same tactics used by Danagogo in removing magian, if you recall. This may end up being the case. In such a way they can remove the window for persons to apply for election candidacy. This had already closed but Dalung may have a fall back candidate especially if #1 above fails. This is the more likely option.

For me, #1 should never be allowed to take place. No rescinding of a deserved suspension. For #2, the Minister may have candidates that he supports and that should not be a problem as long as there is an election that is open, free and fair. That is fine. For me, this has to be about the SANCTITY of the process and the institution of a respected system for transition in Nigeria's football administration.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

fabio appeared to have more knowledge about the situation in relation to jurisdiction than Enugu II.

As long as Nigeria courts stand firm, FIFA and CAS will bow to the supremacy of the Nigerian Courts of unlimited jurisdiction on this issue (should they accept jurisdiction).

FIFA Judges are normally FIFA Committee members whose decisions are de facto made by the respective FIFA case workers. Many of their decisions are influenced by nepotism, fraud, false representations etc. I have not said there are frauds etc in this instance with the NFF but just letting forumers aware that Nigeria Federal High Court and the Supreme Court of Nigeria can set aside the decisions made by FIFA and CAS Arbitrators. It must be noted that many (not all) of the CAS Arbitrators are lawyers who are known never to be truly independent and impartial in their decisions.
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Sack or no sack, Pinnick on duty at Russia 2018 • EFCC invites embattled NFF boss

https://odili.net/news/source/2018/jul/4/206.html

Amaju Pinnick
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Member, Executive Committee of Confederation of African Football, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, is unfazed by happenings at home.

As a member of FIFA’s Organising Committee, the former Chairman of Delta Sports Commission has been appointed as the Match Commissioner for Friday’s quarter-final clash between France and Uruguay at the Nizhny Novgorod Arena.

Earlier, he was in-charge of the group phase encounter between European champions Portugal and Iran in Saransk penultimate Monday as well as the Group G match between Tunisia and Panama in the same city on Thursday. Portugal and Iran drew 1-1 while Tunisia, one of Africa’s five flag-bearers, edged Panama 2-1.

Pinnick was also in charge of the Round of 16 encounter that pitched Sweden against Switzerland at Saint Petersburg on Tuesday July 2.

The NFF President will also take charge of the first semi final match, scheduled for Saint Petersburg’s Zenit Arena on Tuesday, 10th July, as well as the third place match at the same venue on Saturday, 14th July.

Since becoming a Member of the CAF Executive Committee on March 2017, Pinnick has facilitated the appointment of several Nigerians into FIFA and CAF Committees.

A former Chief Judge of Lagos State, Justice Ayotunde Philips is a Member of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee (Adjudicatory Chamber) while Shehu Dikko, NFF 2nd Vice President, is a Member of the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee.

NFF 1st Vice President Seyi Akinwunmi is a Member of the CAF Committee for Youth Compeitions; Shehu Dikko is a Member of the Club Competitions and Club Licensing System Committee; Ibrahim Gusau is a Member of the CHAN Organizing Committee; Yusuf Ahmed Fresh is a Member of the CAF Technical and Development Committee; Obinna Ogba is a Member of the Futsal and Beach Soccer Committee; Dr. Peter Singabele is a Member of the CAF Medical Committee and; Chisom Ezeoke is a Member of the CAF Women Football Committee.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, A. U. Mustapha is the President of CAF Appeal Board and Samson Adamu is now the Director of Competitions of CAF.

Pinnick has now been nominated for the CAF 1st Vice Presidency following the resignation of Nyantakyi – a big step towards his being elected as a Member of the FIFA Council, the most powerful group in world football.

Meanwhile, the crisis in the NFF may have gone beyond mere power tussle as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday invited its embattled Pinnick.

Pinnick who is still in Russia as Executive Member of FIFA has been informed about the invitation and is expected to jet in soon.

A source in position to know, confirmed the commission has been inundated by weighty petitions which only the CAF Executive member can provide answers to.

The invitation is coming less than 24 hours after the football fraternity across the globe woke up to behold a change of guard at the Nigerian football Federation Secretarial popularly known as the Glass House in Abuja with Ambassador Chris Giwa now firmly in charge in compliance with court order and directive from the Minister of Sports, arrister Solomon Dalung.

Although the content of the petitions and the petitioners cannot be ascertained as at now, there are hints that the issues raised could include but not limited to issues of due process, financial transactions and administrative actions among others.

The world cup in Russia which kicked off on June 14 will be rounded off on July 15 and Executive members of the World soccer ruling body will be expected to stay put till the end and even attend a closing meeting before departing Russia.

Aside from that Pinnick has been appointed match commissioner for Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup quarter final match between France and Uruguay in Nizhny Novgorod.

The former Delta State FA chairman will also take charge of the first semi final match, scheduled for Saint Petersburg’s Zenit Arena on July 10, as well as the third place match at the same venue on July 14, an indication that he may not return till the end of the World Cup.
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I don't know where you get off with this comment on your part, but FIFA does NOT give a rats arse about the Nigerian courts decision.

Look, its really not by force that Nigeria be a part of FIFA. However, if they do decide to be a part of this world body, then they had better be prepared to abide by its statutes, laws and regulations, else they face the consequences of disobedience.

I really cannot believe some jackass (specifically Giwa), whose election came about through crooked means (impersonations of the members of the NFF congress, having the then NFF president Maigari arrested and holding so-called elections that were certainly NOT free and fair) would have the temerity to be seeking 'justice' when he got outwitted and was beaten at his own game.

FIFA should actually impose a life ban from all footballing activities on this cock-sucking orangutan and his band of crooks. And if the stupid Minister and the imbecilic Nigeria court system insist on imposing him on Nigerians, then FIFA should impose a ban on Nigeria for at least, the next 12 months, regardless of whether a settlement is reached. This should hopefully teach these morons a lesson.
Football Manager wrote:fabio appeared to have more knowledge about the situation in relation to jurisdiction than Enugu II.

As long as Nigeria courts stand firm, FIFA and CAS will bow to the supremacy of the Nigerian Courts of unlimited jurisdiction on this issue (should they accept jurisdiction).

FIFA Judges are normally FIFA Committee members whose decisions are de facto made by the respective FIFA case workers. Many of their decisions are influenced by nepotism, fraud, false representations etc. I have not said there are frauds etc in this instance with the NFF but just letting forumers aware that Nigeria Federal High Court and the Supreme Court of Nigeria can set aside the decisions made by FIFA and CAS Arbitrators. It must be noted that many (not all) of the CAS Arbitrators are lawyers who are known never to be truly independent and impartial in their decisions.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Fabio,

You pointed out that the case was still in court before it was taken to FIFA and CAS. Sure it was taken to court by Giwa which was a contravention of FIFA statutes. That is why FIFA stepped in and announced impending Nigeria's suspension date if you recall. This forced the then Minister Danagogo to call in both Giwa and Pinnick to appeal for peace. At this point FIFA's FIFA's hammer was about to fall and DAnagogo who was supporting GIwa was petrified about the impending action. The meeting let to Giwa withdrawing the case. The link is below:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/spor ... 60332.html

I believe Giwa went back and re-listed the case after he failed to get his way with FIFA and CAS and failed to reach some favorable outcome from an attempted negotiation with Pinnick that was presided over by Dalung.

I have not also found the AG letter online and I am not tech savvy to know how to place a WhatsApp copy here. If I can place the contents here I will do so after I relocate it.

In any case, here is what I can presume is happening and my thoughts about them.

1. This is a strong-arm tactics to get Pinnick to the negotiation table and have him rescind suspension of Giwa in order to make Giwa eligible for participation in upcoming election. If I am in Pinnick's position, no threat by the Minister or EFCC will force me to make such a decision. This is a ban that has not only been supported by CAF but also by FIFA. That ban must stay on.

2. This is a strong-arm tactics to "capture" control of the upcoming election while removing Pinnick. In a sense the same tactics used by Danagogo in removing magian, if you recall. This may end up being the case. In such a way they can remove the window for persons to apply for election candidacy. This had already closed but Dalung may have a fall back candidate especially if #1 above fails. This is the more likely option.

For me, #1 should never be allowed to take place. No rescinding of a deserved suspension. For #2, the Minister may have candidates that he supports and that should not be a problem as long as there is an election that is open, free and fair. That is fine. For me, this has to be about the SANCTITY of the process and the institution of a respected system for transition in Nigeria's football administration.
Time will settle matter in the end.

Regarding the AG letter, I discount that theory until I see, read and verify the "so-called" letter. Reasoning been, the Sports Ministry used a directive from the AG's office. The AG has not come out to deny the directive or issue another directive. The present is not a politician like Amaechi (if you get my drift). We need to move away from Dalung vs Pinnick and Dalung is supporting Giwa indirectly. I am not saying Dalung might not have candidates as boards members etc, narrowing all the problems down to Dalung is nonsense.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Football Manager wrote:fabio appeared to have more knowledge about the situation in relation to jurisdiction than Enugu II.

FM,

Perhaps, but we shall all know in a little while.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Otitokoro wrote:I don't know where you get off with this comment on your part, but FIFA does NOT give a rats arse about the Nigerian courts decision.

Look, its really not by force that Nigeria be a part of FIFA. However, if they do decide to be a part of this world body, then they had better be prepared to abide by its statutes, laws and regulations, else they face the consequences of disobedience.

I really cannot believe some jackass (specifically Giwa), whose election came about through crooked means (impersonations of the members of the NFF congress, having the then NFF president Maigari arrested and holding so-called elections that were certainly NOT free and fair) would have the temerity to be seeking 'justice' when he got outwitted and was beaten at his own game.

FIFA should actually impose a life ban from all footballing activities on this cock-sucking orangutan and his band of crooks. And if the stupid Minister and the imbecilic Nigeria court system insist on imposing him on Nigerians, then FIFA should impose a ban on Nigeria for at least, the next 12 months, regardless of whether a settlement is reached. This should hopefully teach these morons a lesson.
Not different from this
A Nigeria Football Federation presidential aspirant, Alhaji Shehu Dikko, has been stopped from departing Abuja for the venue of the football body’s elections in Warri, Delta State.
The Eagle Online gathered that operatives of the Department of State Service were at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in search of the Kaduna State-born football administrator.
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/nff-polls ... -to-warri/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio,

I do not believe that any one here is unaware of those facts in both elections. I believe we are all aware of them.

However, these issues have gone through the arbitration process and a ruling delivered. At that point the case should rest or you follow the provision which allows you to challenge CAS ruling via the court in Switzerland where FIFA is registered. That is the court that has the jurisdiction if needed.

In any case, this case will unravel in the coming days and lay bare the any information that is needed to compel.
fabio wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:I don't know where you get off with this comment on your part, but FIFA does NOT give a rats arse about the Nigerian courts decision.

Not different from this
A Nigeria Football Federation presidential aspirant, Alhaji Shehu Dikko, has been stopped from departing Abuja for the venue of the football body’s elections in Warri, Delta State.
The Eagle Online gathered that operatives of the Department of State Service were at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in search of the Kaduna State-born football administrator.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Let this madness stop. When you have a beef with your employer, you go to the employment tribunal. If you are not happy with the outcome you may exercise your statutory rights. However the likelihood is that you have a very slim chance of getting the decision you hope for. After FIFA and the ARBITRATION PANEL FOR Sports. It should be the end. The courts in Nigeria will only get Nigeria banned from all football related events. We've been here before, even the courts can't remove Pinnik. FIFA will bring Nigeria to its knees.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This was a desperate ploy by 'Team Giwa' and Danagogo to disrupt and delegitimize the Warri Elections, knowing fully well that Shehu was a front runner and one of Maigari's preferred candidates. Any means necessary to disrupt the legitimate elections from happening, including using their authority to mobilize the national security apparatus for their own selfish agenda.
Your quote/reference only speaks to the jungle tactics Giwa and his delivery boys (including Danagogo) employed and buttresses the fact that he is nothing but a common thug and an errand boy. What a loser!
fabio wrote: Not different from this
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Peak Milk don hammer??
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

DIFFERENT CYCLE, SAME SCRIPT

This afternoon, I asked Sports Minister Solomon Dalung a number of questions, including this one.

Ibrahim Galadima was accused of corruption and removed from office. Today, not only has been cleared, we all agree that Galadima is one of the most upright men in this nation
Sani Lulu was elected in his place

Sani Lulu was equally hounded out of office with allegations of corruption. After 8 years, he and his exco have been cleared by the courts and the case dismissed
Aminu Maigari was elected in his place

Aminu Maigari was equally accused of corruption, arrested by SSS, investigated, and nothing was found. Today, we also celebrate the same Maigari.

Amaju Pinnick is being accused of corruption, according to a press statement from the Sports Ministry signed by Nneka Ikem Anibeze

Can you tell us what makes this script against Amaju different from what we have seen in the past?

Why not wait until the investigations have been concluded before sending out a press release about a mere investigation?

Especially one which, based on the letter we have seen, EFCC has referred back to the Sports Ministry?
Why nit wait until details of the forensic audit are out before making a public statement?

We have smeared the names of three other distinguished gentlemen in the past (Galadima, Lulu and Maigari) and here you are continuing to play out the same drama.

What is the difference?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

When you have an illiterate Sports Minister you get decisions like this. Only in the Zoo.