FIFA BAN LOOMS: FG directs Chris Giwa to Take over

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA BAN LOOMS: FG directs Chris Giwa to Take over

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Nigeria the land of the absurd! How can people serving FIFA bans be allowed to run the NFF! This'll definitely not stand.
I believe a court ruled their ban as unconstitutional..
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote:
bully12 wrote:I hope it is true. Mr Picnnick's tenure has been a major disappointment and an absolute embarrassment to the government. In spite of the gargantuan support from the government nothing to show for it . Not even one success event has been recorded since their inception but failures upon failures, It is time to try another hand . After all the man came through the back his shameful departure should not surprise any insane person.
Bros,

I am shocked by your statement here. It does not matter whether you like Pinnick or not but this move ought to be condemned by any one who wants Nigeria's football to do well. If Pinnick is a failure then he should be removed via the proper channel which is the upcoming election. This move is simply ridiculous and will shut down Nigeria's football and for good reason.
Why are you shocked by bully12's statement.
If ever there is an agent on CE pretending to be a fan, none is more glaring.
He will not stop at anything to get his warped ideas rolling, even when it's
injurious to the cause he pretends to support.
Time will surely expose his evil intensions.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:The more you try to understand Nigeria and Nigerians the more confused you will get. So the best thing is to stand off and watch the drama..weep where you are moved to tears and laugh at the comic part. You may not understand the part that seems absurd, but the script always manage to explain itself one way or the other.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naija matter nor dey gree person talk again.

These goons couldn't care less if Nigerian football suffered irreversibly because of their thoughtless self interest.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Serves Pinick right for hiring a 'football-coward' that nearly gave this JUDGE a heart-attack during this WC.
The Judge just decided that it's payback time.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Same ish that happened 4 years ago. SMH
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:D :D :D
:woot: :woot: :woot:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

No Pinnick, no Roach (rohr)
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee wrote:Serves Pinick right for hiring a 'football-coward' that nearly gave this JUDGE a heart-attack during this WC.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

bully12 wrote:I hope it is true. Mr Picnnick's tenure has been a major disappointment and an absolute embarrassment to the government. In spite of the gargantuan support from the government nothing to show for it . Not even one success event has been recorded since their inception but failures upon failures, It is time to try another hand . After all the man came through the back his shameful departure should not surprise any insane person.
So..despite the progress made U think we should go back to the stinking dark ages ba?While you're at it..could U shove Babangida indoors to run for President again?

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

zee wrote:Serves Pinick right for hiring a 'football-coward' that nearly gave this JUDGE a heart-attack during this WC.
Chief Zee, this case is not cut and dry like many think. Chris Green has a very legitimate case. It hasn't helped that Pinnick kept boasting how he outmaneuvered Green. Green had been going around presenting his case to anyone who might help him get justice including the Senate Committee chair on Sports. Pinnick will hope his friends in the media come to his aid.

He put his stock on Rohr and he failed him. Plus I won't be surprised if they set EFCC on him. Making it a criminal case as opposed to an electoral/administrative case.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Zee, this case is not cut and dry like many think. Chris Green has a very legitimate case. It hasn't helped that Pinnick kept boasting how he outmaneuvered Green. Green had been going around presenting his case to anyone who might help him get justice including the Senate Committee chair on Sports. Pinnick will hope his friends in the media come to his aid.

He put his stock on Rohr and he failed him. Plus I won't be surprised if they set EFCC on him. Making it a criminal case as opposed to an electoral/administrative case.
I'm shocked at ur lack of appreciation of the correct statutes involved here. Being able to run around semi-illiterate assemblymen should neither be rewarded or commended...

If Chris Green believes he has a case, he knows the proper legal channel to follow.

Instead he's preying on the ignorance of a few.

If Pinnick put his stall on Rohr and it failed him, then he should be prosecuted accordingly thru the elections...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

paj wrote:
So..despite the progress made U think we should go back to the stinking dark ages ba?While you're at it..could U shove Babangida indoors to run for President again?

Pa
PaJ, while I like Pinnick and I think he should stay, Giwa is seeking justice. It is alleged that Pinnick used the instrument of state to get his rivals arrested barring them from the election.

Yes, he is doing relatively well but if it were you that were on the receiving end of alleged injustice would you just let it go? Remember there were attempts to reconcile the two parties and Pinnick wasn't having it.

These guys are gangsters. Don't pick sides. Let the law decide.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
paj wrote:

Pa
PaJ, while I like Pinnick and I think he should stay, Green is seeking justice. It is alleged that Pinnick used the instrument of state to get his rivals arrested barring them from the election.

Yes, he is doing relatively well but if it were you that were on the receiving end of alleged injustice would you just let it go? Remember there were attempts to reconcile the two parties and Pinnick wasn't having it.

Cell,

Are we talking about Chris Green or Chris Giwa? These are two different people. I believe you may be referring to Chris Giwa (correct me if I am wrong on this) and he has presented his case through the legitimate channels which were both FIFA and CAS and in both places he lost the case. Moreover, his insistence in going outside the FIFA-directed conflict-resolution processes (i.e. the courts) earned him an unprecedented ban that was affirmed at both CAF and FIFA levels. It is hard to see how he will be allowed to preside over Nigerian football. If the government insists on Giwa, then surely FIFA will ban Nigeria and legitimately so. One cannot force his way after he had been rejected at each appropriate spaces where football conflict is to be resolved. When the FIFA ban takes place (a certainty), I anticipate unprecedented pressure on the government for which Dalung's job may face scrutiny to be sure.

The larger question is why the AG should provide uninformed advise to the government. Nigeria is a FIFA member and had agreed to abide by FIFA statutes which include agreement to follow outlined conflict resolution processes. The AG should have informed the courts (If summoned) that the case should not have been heard in the courts since the parties have agreed (as members affiliated to FIFA) that disputes cannot be settled in courts but through FIFA's arbitration processes. So no matter Giwa's grievances (To be sure he has grievances), the correct processes should be followed.

I have made sure below to avoid using Nigerian journalists as sources of reports concerning this matter. Here are relevant links:

This is a BBC report on FIFA's decision on Giwa's election
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28995537

Here is the FULL REPORT on CAS Ruling on whether FIFA was within its rights to act on Giwa's election
http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... ternet.pdf
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:Cell,

Are we talking about Chris Green or Chris Giwa? These are two different people. I believe you may be referring to Chris Giwa (correct me if I am wrong on this) and he has presented his case through the legitimate channels which were both FIFA and CAS and in both places he lost the case. Moreover, his insistence in going outside the FIFA-directed conflict-resolution processes (i.e. the courts) earned him an unprecedented ban that was affirmed at both CAF and FIFA levels. It is hard to see how he will be allowed to preside over Nigerian football. If the government insists on Giwa, then surely FIFA will ban Nigeria and legitimately so. One cannot force his way after he had been rejected at each appropriate spaces where conflict resolution is to be resolved when it pertains to football. When such ban takes place, I anticipate unprecedented pressure on the government for which Dalung's job may face scrutiny to be sure.
Dalung is only enforcing court orders or will be arrested for contempt of court. According to Dalung the directive came from the Minister of Justice.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
paj wrote:

Pa
PaJ, while I like Pinnick and I think he should stay, Green is seeking justice. It is alleged that Pinnick used the instrument of state to get his rivals arrested barring them from the election.

Cell,

Are we talking about Chris Green or Chris Giwa? These are two different people. I believe you may be referring to Chris Giwa (correct me if I am wrong on this) and he has presented his case through the legitimate channels which were both FIFA and CAS and in both places he lost the case. Moreover, his insistence in going outside the FIFA-directed conflict-resolution processes (i.e. the courts) earned him an unprecedented ban that was affirmed at both CAF and FIFA levels. It is hard to see how he will be allowed to preside over Nigerian football. If the government insists on Giwa, then surely FIFA will ban Nigeria and legitimately so. One cannot force his way after he had been rejected at each appropriate spaces where football conflict is to be resolved. When the FIFA ban takes place (a certainty), I anticipate unprecedented pressure on the government for which Dalung's job may face scrutiny to be sure.
Thank you. I was scratching my head wondering if it's not the same case that was roundly rejected by CAS...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
PaJ, while I like Pinnick and I think he should stay, Giwa is seeking justice. It is alleged that Pinnick used the instrument of state to get his rivals arrested barring them from the election.

Dalung tried to resolve it, he was accused of supporting his someone from his state. The man simply left the men alone. We all know how Giwa FC was killed. Like you said they are gangsters!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
paj wrote:

Pa

Cell,

The larger question is why the AG should provide uninformed advise to the government. Nigeria is a FIFA member and had agreed to abide by FIFA statutes which include agreement to follow outlined conflict resolution processes. The AG should have informed the courts (If summoned) that the case should not have been heard in the courts since the parties have agreed (as members affiliated to FIFA) that disputes cannot be settled in courts but through FIFA's arbitration processes. So no matter Giwa's grievances (To be sure he has grievances), the correct processes should be followed.
Sorry Giwa. Typing with my phone.

I agree with your take. I even heard that there were correspondence allegedly from FIFA that wasn't really from FIFA.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I'm shocked at ur lack of appreciation of the correct statutes involved here. Being able to run around semi-illiterate assemblymen should neither be rewarded or commended...

If Chris Green believes he has a case, he knows the proper legal channel to follow.

If Pinnick put his stall on Rohr and it failed him, then he should be prosecuted accordingly thru the elections...
Dude it is not about right or wrong statutes. Giwa is going to use every and any leverage he has to seek redress.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Dude it is not about right or wrong statutes. Giwa is going to use every and any leverage he has to seek redress.
That's precisely the issue EII wrote against, which you agreed to above!

Its not his ability to use any leverage that's the issue, but his lack of respect for the rules, which you happen to be tacitly endorsing...

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:
bully12 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
You think GIWA will be better?
He can not be worse.
stop trying to destabilize your country.

The rule of law should be respected. The supreme court and Chris Giwa do not have the best interest of Nigeria at heart, going against the proper FIFA processes.

Giwa is a typical Nigerian, who puts his own individual endeavours above that of his country. Dude should be exiled.
... exiled? Find something (fraud of any type) on him, arrest and try him and, put him in jail if he still wants to be a problem. That is how it is done in America, Russia and in several other places - unfortunately :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Breaking is a press release from Keyamo stating amazingly and with an official letter from the AG stating that the FGN cannot interfere because that would be sub judice. Thus, it appears Dalung is on his own on this. This is really a shame and I would hope that Dalung himself should face action on this matter that brings the government to disrepute.

For me Dalung should be made to withdraw his letter and apologize. There was absolutely no reason for him to write such a letter.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't understand why Dalung is still the Minister of youth and sports.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Darling and his friends should be in jail for trying to destroy our soccer.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:Breaking is a press release from Keyamo stating amazingly and with an official letter from the AG stating that the FGN cannot interfere because that would be sub judice. Thus, it appears Dalung is on his own on this. This is really a shame and I would hope that Dalung himself should face action on this matter that brings the government to disrepute.

For me Dalung should be made to withdraw his letter and apologize. There was absolutely no reason for him to write such a letter.
Any link?