Mikel Obi pays 10 million Naira ransom for kidnapped father

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel Obi pays 10 million Naira ransom for kidnapped fat

Post by gosh »

Some people are so stupid.
Why would you even try something like that on the family of a man who just returned from defending the country's honor on the world stage?
Mikel should get them out of there. It may end up being cheaper in the long-term.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:This is why I "hide a little" whenever I travel home, because if they don't get you, they might get one of your loved ones. Our country is getting very dangerous in so many ways
See this one, no kidnapper want you sef..dem dey pray make you no beg them to carry you.
Good! They better not, instead I hope they target you.
Target who? You are wasting your time.. I am coming to Arizona, by the time I panel beat your face, you go beg kidnappers to hide you from me..watch this space
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:This is why I "hide a little" whenever I travel home, because if they don't get you, they might get one of your loved ones. Our country is getting very dangerous in so many ways
See this one, no kidnapper want you sef..dem dey pray make you no beg them to carry you.
Dude relax, stopping picking fights over this, we're all disturbed by this news no need to beef on this.
Jnr, you wan enter... highbury is a troll, and lacks basic human sense. ..the guy no count at all..nah to ship mail bride bobo sabi
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Good! They better not, instead I hope they target you.
That childlike tantrum of bigpork has erupted again. Always looking for petty fights. Tufiakwa!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

http://www.nairaland.com/4595114/michae ... -kidnapped According to this site, he didn’t pay any 10 million because the police officers and kidnapers went through a gun battle which stalled the process
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

What kind of effed Shiit is this?? Are u kidding me
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Ekorian wrote:Couple of years after Mikel signed for Chelsea, I was at a hotel in Wuse zone 2 in Abuja when someone showed me Mikel's Dad. He was there for several hours and mingled with a lot of people. I vividly remember people saying that he was very friendly and humble. What I found a little disturbing was that he was way too accessible.
I'm glad that he's ok but he needs to be careful. Nigeria is simply too dangerous for that kind of lifestyle given his son's notoriety.
:shock: :shock:
Eh kwa? What is Mikel notorious for? Or have you been watching too much American sports TV where ignorant people use "notoriety" when they mean "fame?"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

ohsee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Couple of years after Mikel signed for Chelsea, I was at a hotel in Wuse zone 2 in Abuja when someone showed me Mikel's Dad. He was there for several hours and mingled with a lot of people. I vividly remember people saying that he was very friendly and humble. What I found a little disturbing was that he was way too accessible.
I'm glad that he's ok but he needs to be careful. Nigeria is simply too dangerous for that kind of lifestyle given his son's notoriety.
:shock: :shock:
Eh kwa? What is Mikel notorious for? Or have you been watching too much American sports TV where ignorant people use "notoriety" when they mean "fame?"
Pa Ohsee, idea IS NEED( as we say in Naija) but dating BigpokeyRisky is a bad deed. :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

It all boils down to lack of love in our communities. Every man to himself and people in power are showing it everyday.
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

otite wrote:It all boils down to lack of love in our communities. Every man to himself and people in power are showing it everyday.
My brother, we are our worst enemies...
Shame.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

gosh wrote:Some people are so stupid.
Why would you even try something like that on the family of a man who just returned from defending the country's honor on the world stage?
Mikel should get them out of there. It may end up being cheaper in the long-term.
Really annoying. Provided a service to one of the Super Eagles players that just returned from Russia. During the course of the transactions had some reason to interact with some security agency. Was shocked irrespective of the fact he had all the right documentation they still insisted he paid "officer on duty" and were forceful about it. No regard for his service or person.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mikel Obi's father rescued by police in Enugu State following gun duel with kidnappers - See more at: https://goo.gl/U3z2Gx
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel Obi's father rescued by police in Enugu State following gun duel with kidnappers - See more at: https://goo.gl/U3z2Gx
Always difficult to believe anything the police says.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Compare this to our the Egyptians treat Salah and his family.

Nigerians have a serious problem and we need healing.

We say we are the most religious country, in whose dream?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel Obi's father rescued by police in Enugu State following gun duel with kidnappers - See more at: https://goo.gl/U3z2Gx
You believe that crap from the Police.
Anyway, the Police are doing their work. They must never admit ransom was paid.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Dude you could atleast post a verified news source instead of your website.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mikel needs to move his family out of that sh!thole. Imagine seving your country for over 10years only for your loved one to be kidnapped twice.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We need a Pablo Escobar type approach to these kidnappers. They supposedly kidnapped him the day before the Argentina match.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:We need a Pablo Escobar type approach to these kidnappers. They supposedly kidnapped him the day before the Argentina match.

Imagine playing a game with something like that on his mind. And yet people on this site have no issues heaping abuse on these kids that put their country before everything.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

MOSCOW -- Nigeria captain John Obi Mikel faced Argentina last Tuesday in the knowledge that his father was being held for ransom, but did not tell anyone about it as the kidnappers threatened to shoot "instantly" if authorities were informed.
"I was confused. I did not know what to do, but in the end I knew that I could not let 180 million Nigerians down," Mikel said.

"I had to shut it out of my head and go and represent my country first. I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody.

"And I did not want to discuss it with the coach because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to the coach or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game. So as much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not do it.
May God continue to bless this young man, with all that , he still went to represent the country with a broken arm...and some cursed imbeciles on this forum , would come here and talk rubbish ..some of una ..shame on yall , shame on you all
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

AreaDaddy wrote:Na wah I was initially thinking why posting this old news again. Kidnapped again...lawlessness
Me too. I thought it was old news. Those kidnappers should be shot for treason.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
MOSCOW -- Nigeria captain John Obi Mikel faced Argentina last Tuesday in the knowledge that his father was being held for ransom, but did not tell anyone about it as the kidnappers threatened to shoot "instantly" if authorities were informed.
"I was confused. I did not know what to do, but in the end I knew that I could not let 180 million Nigerians down," Mikel said.

"I had to shut it out of my head and go and represent my country first. I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody.

"And I did not want to discuss it with the coach because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to the coach or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game. So as much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not do it.
This is very sad. It takes heartless monsters with no human feelings to do something like that. May they be caught and punished severely.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles