Belgium 3-2 Japan | WC Round of 16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Belgium 3-2 Japan | WC Round of 16

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Lord you have to feel for japan. What an effing heartbreaker.
man up dude, geez.
oh we have a tough guy here
Gyan (2-1) Our Timmy

Did.you.man.up?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

airwolex wrote:
oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
juventuss wrote:Best counter ever... what a counter... Roberto Martinez... EARN YOUR PAY
KDB in open field on a counter attack is super deadly. Always makes the right passing decision AND especially always puts the ball ahead of the attacker where he need not break stride to step into the pass. Always a beauty for me to watch.
He had a horrible game till that moment. What he was doing so deep is beyond me. He should be playing further ahead. If I were Martinez, I'd bench Maertens, play Dembele along with WItsel and push De Bryne upfront.
I thought you should be able to figure this out, Hazard plays the number 10 role which KDB would have relished. I don't think he was happy, but hey there was no way you are gonna have two number 10s.
He can play from the wings if possible. I thought he was the major reason Witsel was overworked in the middle. I'd prefer him playing the Maertens role. If they play this formation against Brazil they will suffer.

The way he orchestrated the winner was a thing of beauty. This is what Etebo must learn to do.
Play from wings? You mean play KDB from wings or Hazard.....let us just say the man who was paid to coach the team knew what he was doing. Apparently he was not happy and probably wanted to sulk his way through the game until he saw elimination staring them in the face.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

called it
fvcked up
owned up

respect

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
juventuss wrote:Best counter ever... what a counter... Roberto Martinez... EARN YOUR PAY
KDB in open field on a counter attack is super deadly. Always makes the right passing decision AND especially always puts the ball ahead of the attacker where he need not break stride to step into the pass. Always a beauty for me to watch.
He had a horrible game till that moment. What he was doing so deep is beyond me. He should be playing further ahead. If I were Martinez, I'd bench Maertens, play Dembele along with WItsel and push De Bryne upfront.
I thought you should be able to figure this out, Hazard plays the number 10 role which KDB would have relished. I don't think he was happy, but hey there was no way you are gonna have two number 10s.
He can play from the wings if possible. I thought he was the major reason Witsel was overworked in the middle. I'd prefer him playing the Maertens role. If they play this formation against Brazil they will suffer.

The way he orchestrated the winner was a thing of beauty. This is what Etebo must learn to do.
Play from wings? You mean play KDB from wings or Hazard.....let us just say the man who was paid to coach the team knew what he was doing. Apparently he was not happy and probably wanted to sulk his way through the game until he saw elimination staring them in the face.
Lol...I am not one of those that claim to know more than coaches but I do know that they will need an extra body protecting them against Brazil. If they try this again the game will be over by half time. At times Japan bossed the midfield,...and yes De Bryne can play better than Carrasco and or Martens on the wing. He has played there before for Chelsea and Man City.
Last edited by airwolex on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this 9ja dude is United through and through

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Orion wrote:
txj wrote:Game was decided on pace and power.

Some teams thrive on it.

Africans complain it is racism...
Why do you think they never stress that for white players, even the big and strong ones like Shearer in his heydays? They gush about their SKILLS and football intelligence but when it comes to the black players they're talking only about their athleticism - fast, big, strong etc. etc. It's like black players cannot be skilled and intelligent, and the only way they can be doing so well is that they're using an unfair physical advantage. They're doing this unconsciously and it's up to us to point out their mistake. Africans/Blacks are also doing well because of football skills and brainwork, not just raw athleticism.
It was stressed all game today. Repeated by Gus Hiddink.

But more importantly, by Martinez...

All this silly talk about racism is just hogwash. You play with what u have and u use it well! Simple...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

airwolex wrote:
oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
Agreed. Both can be accommodated properly in a 433 or a 4141. Nice and easy. If they fail to adjust against Brazil they will go down in flames. That plan B won't work vs Miranda & Thiago Silva.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
airwolex wrote:
oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
Agreed. Both can be accommodated properly in a 433 or a 4141. Nice and easy. If they fail to adjust against Brazil they will go down in flames. That plan B won't work vs Miranda & Thiago Silva.

Belgium are set on the 3 centerback formation. Martinez started the process of playing KDB in central MF. Don't expect any changes there. But I suspect Fellaini or Dembele will start against Brazil...
Last edited by txj on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

They will get hammered on the wings if they play with 3 CBs vs Brazil.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
airwolex wrote:
oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
Well said!! Hopefully, this was nice wake up call for Belgium as Brazil can play like Japan but with better players. Brazil will dice up this Belgian team if Martinez does not come correct tactically.

I think they need to switch to a back 4 as defending in wide areas is becoming a problem due to no one protecting the WBs. they are getting killed in 1 v 1 isolation and sometime having opposition FBs overlapping. Next place for adjustment is in midfield. Can't have KDB in CM next to Witsel. Need to bring in someone else to battle what will most likely be a Fernandinho/Palinho pairing.

Should be a cracker of a game. I currently give Brazil the edge
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I was happy to see France beat Argentina but even happier to see Japan lose. Their antics against Poland completely put me off that side. Sorry, you don't come to the World Cup to do that.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
man up dude, geez.
Gyan (2-1) Our Timmy

Did.you.man.up?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

is co-signer japanese?

you have a lot of experience with heartbreak, maybe you can help him deal with it.

1. Luis Suarez’ handball denied Dominic Adiyiah from scoring a late minute extra time goal and Asamoah Gyan subsequently missed the resultant penalty kick to prevent Ghana from becoming the African country to reach the semi-finals of the FIFA World Cup.

2. Nkong scored second half goal for Cameroon to shatter Ghana’s dream of host and win in the semi-finals of AFCON 2008.

3. Ghana flew trouble-laden Sierra Leone to Accra in 1987 for an AFCON qualifying game, but were unbelievably handed a 2-1 defeat on home soil and could manage just a draw in the second leg in Freetown. This denied the Black Stars a place in the finals in Morocco.

4. Germany hammered Ghana 6-1 in a friendly game in Bochum, after Ghana had taken the lead. The game dubbed Bochum disaster till date brings a lot of sad memories.

5. Ghana lost the final of the 1992 final against West African rivals, Ivory via 11-10 marathon penalty shootout in Senegal.

6. Ghana were stunned by a late goal from US in their opening 2014 World Cup goal and subsequently missed out on the knockout phase of the competition, after drawing against Germany and losing the final group game against Portugal, amidst player boycott over delay in the payment of appearance fees.

7. Emmanuel Mayuka’s late goal for Zambia against Ghana, after Asamoah Gyan had missed from the spot kick in the early minutes of the semi-finals.of the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea/Gabon

8. Ghana lost the final of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations to Ivory Coast through a penalty shootout. The Black Stars scored their first two kicks, whereas Ivory Coast wasted the first two, but threw away the advantage to see their West African rivals beat them again in a final.

9. The Black Satellites lost a dramatic penalty shootout against Spain in the quarterfinals of the 1999 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

10. Algeria fought from a goal down to beat the Black Stars 2-1 in the qualifiers of the 1994 World Cup. It is an unforgettable moment, which earned the name Tlemcen disaster among soccer loving fans.

11. Rwanda beat Ghana 1-0 to deny the Black Stars a place in the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia. Ghana failed to qualify for the very first time for the continental showpiece since 1990.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Its a difficult one for bald Bobby, three at the back with non-existent defending in wide areas, will be a dangerous ploy vs Marcelo and co. 4-2-3-1 is perhaps too like for like and Fellani at the base of midfield doesn't work well. A strike pairing might fair well. It would come as no surprise were Martinez to go 3-5-2. Hmmm.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

KB wrote:I hope the African teams were watching to learn how to play with heart and soul.
My brother, you forgot to add football IQ. Running with and without the ball, finding space, deciding whether to dribble or shoot, making all the right decisions at the right time. :idea:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
give me this one over that one, all day.

[/video]
:thumbs: Smokin' you get sense small. That was the best counter ever seen at a World Cup. :thumbs:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Can any of the Belgium or Japanese players make the SE 23?

I don't think so :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
man up dude, geez.
Gyan (2-1) Our Timmy

Did.you.man.up?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

is co-signer japanese
:?

does he have to be Japanese to feel_for_Japan?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote: is co-signer japanese?

you have a lot of experience with heartbreak, maybe you can help him deal with it.

5. Ghana lost the final of the 1992 final against West African rivals, Ivory via 11-10 marathon penalty shootout in Senegal.

6. Ghana were stunned by a late goal from US in their opening 2014 World Cup goal and subsequently missed out on the knockout phase of the competition, after drawing against Germany and losing the final group game against Portugal, amidst player boycott over delay in the payment of appearance fees.
you will be claiming hieroglyphics as your sauce for this one too

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Belgium 0-2 Japan | WC Round of 16

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: So, just for the record, you WERE praising Roberto Martinez and his tactics? Abi do you want the question in twi or ga? Curious minds would like to know. TIA :D
hence the clapping...duh :clap:

you were mocking him...hence the laffta duh :rotf: :rotf:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

He might have seen it in Fortaleza, who knows?
Advocating rational thought since 1987
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kneedeep wrote:
tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

He might have seen it in Fortaleza, who knows?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

who is this 1-2?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
man up dude, geez.
Gyan (2-1) Our Timmy

Did.you.man.up?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

is co-signer japanese
:?

does he have to be Japanese to feel_for_Japan?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

you are the one who compared his heartbreak to my when my nation was eliminated not me but thanks.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

I did not write that, it came from your people, (Ghanaians not Brasilians) so take it up with them... thanks again.
Saints baby we did it