Belgium 3-2 Japan | WC Round of 16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Belgium 3-2 Japan | WC Round of 16

Post by Orion »

green4life wrote:Belgium vs Brazil will be faya! Na wetin I wan see. :agree: :clap:
I'm not happy that they'll be meeting so soon. England has an easy path to the final.

One of these teams will be in the World Cup final!
Russia
Croatia
Sweden
Switzerland
Colombia
England
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Belgium 2-2 Japan | WC Round of 16

Post by charlie »

wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:Now, that is the definition of naive naive defending!!!

And we thought 1994 was bad for Nigeria? How do you think Japan feel now?
Seriously?????
Yes naive. Watch that counter again. Japan over committed to that corner.
Dying minutes of the game, you have to watch out for the CA. Look at all the space KDB had to run into?
They wanted to score from the corner, if they have scored.........
I know, I know we would be singing a different tune.
Well, cant take anything away from the Belgian counter attack though. Poetry and team-work in motion.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:
cchinukw wrote:The best counter that I've seen in a while.

Quality federation, quality coach, quality assistants, quality starters, quality bench.
Martinez got it wrong for so long, but when it mattered most, accessed his inner egghead.
He had a Plan B.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Orion wrote:
green4life wrote:Belgium vs Brazil will be faya! Na wetin I wan see. :agree: :clap:
I'm not happy that they'll be meeting so soon. England has an easy path to the final.

One of these teams will be in the World Cup final!
Russia
Croatia
Sweden
Switzerland
Colombia
England
All those teams can beat each other. I don't see a favourite among that bunch.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Does this Chadli still play for eye Totoham?
See fake chief dey ask kweshun? :tic:

Ok..i hear say him don dump una team...
Yes o, for West Brom. We collected a few millions to wipe hawa tears :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Great comeback!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Game was decided on pace and power.

Some teams thrive on it.

Africans complain it is racism...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

juventuss wrote:Best counter ever... what a counter... Roberto Martinez... EARN YOUR PAY
KDB in open field on a counter attack is super deadly. Always makes the right passing decision AND especially always puts the ball ahead of the attacker where he need not break stride to step into the pass. Always a beauty for me to watch.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:All credit to Martinez...Great stuff...
Definitely. I didn't think he had it in him.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

green4life wrote:
juventuss wrote:Best counter ever... what a counter... Roberto Martinez... EARN YOUR PAY
KDB in open field on a counter attack is super deadly. Always makes the right passing decision AND especially always puts the ball ahead of the attacker where he need not break stride to step into the pass. Always a beauty for me to watch.
True, the dummy by lukaku made it easy for the scorer
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

green4life wrote:
He had a horrible game till that moment. What he was doing so deep is beyond me. He should be playing further ahead. If I were Martinez, I'd bench Maertens, play Dembele along with WItsel and push De Bryne upfront.
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

I hope the African teams were watching to learn how to play with heart and soul.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

My top 3 games of the World cup so far:

1, Belgium vs Japan
2, France vs Argentina
3, Brazil vs Mexico
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

green4life wrote:
His career was on the line, when its either you or him, man's capabilities are unbound.
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

green4life wrote:
A coach is only as good as the players on the field.
The players had to see/create the opportunity and execute.
Lethargic players who always pass the ball backwards or sideways would have made Martinez look useless.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ekorian wrote:My top 3 games of the World cup so far:

1, Belgium vs Japan
2, France vs Argentina
3, Brazil vs Mexico
Here are mine:

1, Belgium vs Japan
2, Spain vs Portugal
3, France vs Argentina
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Spain, 1000 intricate, Isco passes. Out.
Belgium aka Little Britain, straight down the flanks, Hazard (English), puts it in the mixer. Fella (English) with an old number 9's finish.
Inspired and designed by? You guessed it.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:Lord you have to feel for japan. What an effing heartbreaker.
man up dude, geez.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

txj wrote:Game was decided on pace and power.

Some teams thrive on it.

Africans complain it is racism...
Why do you think they never stress that for white players, even the big and strong ones like Shearer in his heydays? They gush about their SKILLS and football intelligence but when it comes to the black players they're talking only about their athleticism - fast, big, strong etc. etc. It's like black players cannot be skilled and intelligent, and the only way they can be doing so well is that they're using an unfair physical advantage. They're doing this unconsciously and it's up to us to point out their mistake. Africans/Blacks are also doing well because of football skills and brainwork, not just raw athleticism.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Coach wrote:Spain, 1000 intricate, Isco passes. Out.
Belgium aka Little Britain, straight down the flanks, Hazard (English), puts it in the mixer. Fella (English) with an old number 9's finish.
Inspired and designed by? You guessed it.
Yes. Embrace your strengths and don't worry about what the La Liga loving soccer purists will say. :agree:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
He had a horrible game till that moment. What he was doing so deep is beyond me. He should be playing further ahead. If I were Martinez, I'd bench Maertens, play Dembele along with WItsel and push De Bryne upfront.
I thought you should be able to figure this out, Hazard plays the number 10 role which KDB would have relished. I don't think he was happy, but hey there was no way you are gonna have two number 10s.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Awesome game. The best of this WC. Full marks to Japan for their heart and not cowering against a stronger side. Belgium is a joy to watch and I got to give them credit for the heart they showed in the final 40 minutes or so. Even after 2-0 they looked dazed and confused but got their balance back and found a way to win. Lukaku and KDB did not have good games but they earned their shirts on the 3rd goal. Lukaku especially had a bad game but he dragged the Japanese defender to the middle and then dummied leading to the winner.

Belgium must adjust vs Brazil by having more bodies behind the ball and avoid their run and gun style. I'd still go with the 3 attackers up front to keep Brazil honest but a 4 man backline and 3 CMs to try and control the middle. Stylistically Belgium is a dream for a Brazil team that is strong defensively, patient, and deadly on the counter. Without adjusting Belgium will chop 2+ goals vs Brazil easily.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:
I thought you should be able to figure this out, Hazard plays the number 10 role which KDB would have relished. I don't think he was happy, but hey there was no way you are gonna have two number 10s.
He can play from the wings if possible. I thought he was the major reason Witsel was overworked in the middle. I'd prefer him playing the Maertens role. If they play this formation against Brazil they will suffer.

The way he orchestrated the winner was a thing of beauty. This is what Etebo must learn to do.