THIS WORLDCUP WAS TAILOR MADE FOR AN AFRICAN SIDE TO WIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TheHitman47
Egg
Egg
Re: THIS WORLDCUP WAS TAILOR MADE FOR AN AFRICAN SIDE TO WIN

Post by TheHitman47 »

Coach wrote:So, how was it tailor made for a team that lacked all of the above? Another Uruguay moment it seems. Every time a team puts in a decent display, its Nigeria coulda', shoulda', woulda'....Did'na! Out. The only thing tailor made for Nigeria was their swaggerific kit. The football left Us behind with the rest of the Africans.
I'm sorry but this comment is retarded. I guess no African team should show up. Just go home and watch the World Cup. Teams need to believe.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:So tailor made in fact that, not only was the graduation gown oversized, it was delivered to wrong ceremony. With all participants of African origin eliminated as early as possible, the World Cup was indeed tailor made for an African side to win.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Wicked man :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Coach wrote:So, how was it tailor made for a team that lacked all of the above? Another Uruguay moment it seems. Every time a team puts in a decent display, its Nigeria coulda', shoulda', woulda'....Did'na! Out. The only thing tailor made for Nigeria was their swaggerific kit. The football left Us behind with the rest of the Africans.
I'm sorry but this comment is retarded. I guess no African team should show up. Just go home and watch the World Cup. Teams need to believe.
Nope, rather a statement of fact, there is no title tailor made for anyone. Every title born of contest, if earned. Africa is playing catch up, running in studs on an athletics track, with its shoelaces undone. Nations have overhauled their whole footballing infrastructures, undergone sweeping changes, in pursuit of progression. Africa on the other hand, extends a closely shaved cheque to an off the back of the wagon journeyman, in the hope of instant dividends. No great thinkers of today, rather well assembled thingybobs. The Mundial was tailor-made for Africa to fail and the nation didn't disappoint.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:When I opened a thread here to try to teach you guys how to win the World Cup, some of you said my mouth was smelling! Hia you are! Continue doing lovely impartial negro, Mr. FairPlay! We want to be loved! Look at me! Look at me! I am the fairest of them all! ewu tolo tolo :curse:
Go and tell the NFF how to win the World Cup,telling CE fans isn’t going to change a thing!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Mere believe is the solution to the worlds ails.... :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Coach wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
Nope, rather a statement of fact, there is no title tailor made for anyone. Every title born of contest, if earned. Africa is playing catch up, running in studs on an athletics track, with its shoelaces undone. Nations have overhauled their whole footballing infrastructures, undergone sweeping changes, in pursuit of progression. Africa on the other hand, extends a closely shaved cheque to an off the back of the wagon journeyman, in the hope of instant dividends. No great thinkers of today, rather well assembled thingybobs. The Mundial was tailor-made for Africa to fail and the nation didn't disappoint.
:clap: There are no short cuts to success,sacking coaches and in-house fighting at NFF is not going to change a thing,the NFF doesn’t even own an academy or a football specific stadium with their crest at the entrance,they’ve been relying on luck for years and won ample youth tournaments with no legacy (no youth involved)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tailor made indeed. No African team is doing anything of note in the next World Cup too. However; it would come as no surprise were Cameroon to go sleeveless and put in a sound challenge for kit of the competition.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tailor wey no dey measure before e cut kai...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I agree with the sentiment.

If we had attacked Croatia I believe we might have come away with a high scoring draw, maybe 2-2.

Beat Iceland 2-0

Tie Argentina 1-1.

Top the group

Beat Denmark in R16

Beat Russia in quarters and we are in semis

Senegal could have easily won their group if they had held on against japan.

Beat England in R16
Beat Sweden in quarters (They have knocked Sweden out before)
and Senegal are in semis

Wha choo looking at?!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I agree with the sentiment.

If we had attacked Croatia I believe we might have come away with a high scoring draw, maybe 2-2.

Beat Iceland 2-0

Tie Argentina 1-1.

Top the group

Beat Denmark in R16

Beat England in R16
and Senegal are in semis
And the semifinal team also nothing to write home about...
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Ghana's 2010 worldcup team would've seriously challenge for this worldcup
Goldenera94
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Essien involvement will push it to final
Goldenera94
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

If, arguably Rudyard Kipling’s finest work.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

tfco wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:That is all I will say for now. This was a golden chance to make a major statement on the world scene.

Nigeria and Senegal blew it big time.

Morocco were very unlucky and cheated by the refs.

An African team with belief and discipline could easily have made the semis.

What a wasted chance. World football has changed forever I think. Those who remain in the past and who fail to adapt (Africa) will be left behind.

Even Asia has surpassed us.

I was v impressed with Morocco, kai those guys can ball

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

...thiefCo, seriously, your midget size which is your national inheritance is your serious detriment to your thinking right to contribute sensible here...so sad that ghananesse people are yet to have a developed medication by oyinbo to help for growth...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Beat Iceland 2-0

Tie Argentina 1-1.

Top the group

Beat Denmark in R16

Beat England in R16
and Senegal are in semis
Awww jeez, come on, the ones that beat us to the second round (Japan, Argentina) were bounced out in their next game, but yea we who couldn’t qualify would have made the semis.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Dont mind them...Even Argentina in the midst of mutiny, were too tall an order, yet never been to the quarters Nigeria, will have arrived at the semi-finals. Good one.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote:

Beat Iceland 2-0

Tie Argentina 1-1.

Top the group

Beat Denmark in R16

Beat England in R16
and Senegal are in semis
Awww jeez, come on, the ones that beat us to the second round (Japan, Argentina) were bounced out in their next game, but yea we who couldn’t qualify would have made the semis.
WC 1994

Norway 1 Mexico 0
Mexico 2 Ireland 1
Ireland 1 Italy 0
Italy 1 Norway 0

Soccer results do not obey the transitive property of mathematics which states that if A > B and B > C, then A > C. Anyone who has watched enough games knows that it does not apply in football.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Beat Iceland 2-0

Tie Argentina 1-1.

Top the group

Beat Denmark in R16

Beat England in R16
and Senegal are in semis
WC 1994

Norway 1 Mexico 0
Mexico 2 Ireland 1
Ireland 1 Italy 0
Italy 1 Norway 0

Soccer results do not obey the transitive property of mathematics which states that if A > B and B > C, then A > C. Anyone who has watched enough games knows that it does not apply in football.
Yea but these results are just your wishes and aren’t based on the actual form of the African teams.
Super Eagus 4 Life!