DFB Sticks with Low Despite Group Phase Elimination....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
DFB Sticks with Low Despite Group Phase Elimination....

Post by Enugu II »

Time will tell if this is the right decision but it certainly is better than a knee-jerk action that occurs in the football world after each loss, IMHO.
Low to stay as Germany manager despite World Cup humiliation
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/low-to-s ... liab20tgcb
Harry Sherlock
08:11 SHARE 0 COMMENTS
Getty Images

The world champions crashed out at the group stage in Russia after defats to Mexico and South Korea, but the DFB have decided to stick by the manager
Joachim Low is set to stay on as Germany coach, despite their World Cup humiliation in Russia.
The reigning world champions were eliminated at the group stage, finishing bottom of a group comprising Mexico, Sweden and South Korea.

Despite the win over their European rivals, losses to Mexico and South Korea have prompted much soul searching in Germany and led to intense speculation over the future of Low.

However, the German Football Association (DFB) have confirmed that he will stay at the helm, with many reports suggesting that he signed a new contract before the tournament began.
"I am very grateful for the confidence that the DFB has in me, and despite the justified criticism of our elimination, I also feel support and encouragement," Low said in a statement.
"It was important for me, after a few days, in which I have thought a lot, to personally get in touch with the DFB leadership. My disappointment is still huge. But now I want to design the rebuilding with full commitment.
"I will analyse together with my team, hold talks and draw the right conclusions at the start of the new season. It all takes time, but everything will happen in time for the start of the new international season in September."

DFB president Reinhard Grindel has insisted that Low is the best man for the job, adding: "We had a very open and trusting exchange in which we raised many points. We are all firmly convinced that with Jogi Low we have a national coach who will analyse very carefully, take the right steps and lead our team back on the road to success.
"It would be premature, however, to demand a comprehensive analysis just days after such a tournament."
Sweden, the only team Germany managed to beat in Russia, face Switzerland in a last 16 encounter on Tuesday, and will play either England or Colombia in the quarter-finals if they are victorious.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DFB Sticks with Low Despite Group Phase Elimination....

Post by metalalloy »

This is unacceptable, the bare minimum for Germany is to win the cup, he didn't he must be fired. Simple and short. Why is he talking about rebuilding? What a clueless coward!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:This is unacceptable, the bare minimum for Germany is to win the cup, he didn't he must be fired. Simple and short. Why is he talking about rebuilding? What a clueless coward!
Poor attempt at sacarsm.

Low is a World Champion.

Your coach, is a rookie World Cup coach who was overwhelmed with stage fright. He was never there as a player nor as a coach. A football coward © Chief Zee
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

metalalloy wrote:This is unacceptable, the bare minimum for Germany is to win the cup, he didn't he must be fired. Simple and short. Why is he talking about rebuilding? What a clueless coward!
Germans don’t react they act,they know why Lowe is there in the first place,if you want to see multiple coaches hired and fired stick to watching Africans!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
Poor attempt at sacarsm.

Low is a World Champion.

Your coach, is a rookie World Cup coach who was overwhelmed with stage fright. He was never there as a player nor as a coach. A football coward © Chief Zee
:rotf: :rotf: a world champion that crashed out in the first round like your rookie coach :rotf: :rotf:

I wonder what the clueless popular German opinion was about Lowe before he became a 'World Champion" in 2014.
But it's his ability to completely believe in himself and his team that is his greatest strength, even when nobody else seems to believe in him. For some reason, his success does nothing to detract from the number of his staunch critics

6% of Germans polled by the Citizen believed they could win the whole damn thing going into the Brazil Carnival in 2014. Prior to that almost 72% of the people who took part in a goal.com poll in October 2013 thought Germany were in need of a new coach. :rotf: Around the same time, almost 3,800 football fans cast their vote in a transfermarkt.de ballot – more than 62% of them said that Loew’s contract should not be extended. :rotf:

And yet...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/jo ... -the-world

72%!! :lol: but go on experts. You "fans" always know better. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Germans don’t react they act,they know why Lowe is there in the first place,if you want to see multiple coaches hired and fired stick to watching Africans!
good point :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think we should keep Rohr, me i don tire to dey change coach after every loss, and come to think of it, we end up getting the same or worse results.. Let the man build his team,
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

They were never going to fire because he won in Brazil and they like the work done so far and have confidence in him.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Poor attempt at sacarsm.

Low is a World Champion.

:rotf: :rotf: a world champion that crashed out in the first round like your rookie coach :rotf: :rotf:

I wonder what the clueless popular German opinion was about Lowe before he became a 'World Champion" in 2014.
But it's his ability to completely believe in himself and his team that is his greatest strength, even when nobody else seems to believe in him. For some reason, his success does nothing to detract from the number of his staunch critics

6% of Germans polled by the Citizen believed they could win the whole damn thing going into the Brazil Carnival in 2014. Prior to that almost 72% of the people who took part in a goal.com poll in October 2013 thought Germany were in need of a new coach. :rotf: Around the same time, almost 3,800 football fans cast their vote in a transfermarkt.de ballot – more than 62% of them said that Loew’s contract should not be extended. :rotf:

And yet...

He remains World Champion.
If they give him another opportunity to correct his errors he earned it by winning something.
What has your coach won as a National Team Coach to deserve the benefit of the doubt?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Poor attempt at sacarsm.

Low is a World Champion.

And yet...

If they give him another opportunity to correct his errors he earned it by winning something.
What has your coach won as a National Team Coach to deserve the benefit of the doubt?
Low was manager appointed in 2006 and did not win his first title till 2014 EIGHT years later.

Let that sink in....

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I think we should keep Rohr, me i don tire to dey change coach after every loss, and come to think of it, we end up getting the same or worse results.. Let the man build his team,
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Bigpokey24 but I agree 100%. :oops: :oops:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Poor attempt at sacarsm.

Low is a World Champion.

And yet...

Low was manager appointed in 2006 and did not win his first title till 2014 EIGHT years later.

Let that sink in....
:rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular, you be my guy, and I am an advocate for local coaches, but me I don tire to dey change coaches every year.
SuperEagles

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote: Low was manager appointed in 2006 and did not win his first title till 2014 EIGHT years later.

Let that sink in....
Let this sink in as well...

A) Euro 2008

1) On 12 July 2006,[11] following Klinsmann's decision not to renew his contract, Löw was named as the new manager of Germany. Löw obtained a contract for two years and announced that he wanted to continue in the philosophy developed with Klinsmann to play with an offensive style.

2) Germany then lost 1–0 to Spain in the final on 29 June 2008.[47]

B) 2010 World Cup

3) Germany then lost the semi-final to Spain 1–0.[50] On 10 July 2010, they went on to win the third place play-off against Uruguay by 3–2 to collect the bronze medals and third place at the 2010 World Cup.[51]

In the 2010 World Cup, Löw introduced new young players and fielded the second youngest team of the tournament, Germany's youngest since 1934.

C) Euro 2012

4) In the quarter-finals, Germany beat Greece 4–2, but were eliminated in the semi-finals following a 2–1 loss to Italy.[55]

D) 2014 World Cup

5) In the semi-final match, Germany defeated hosts Brazil 7–1 to reach the tournament's final; the result was Brazil's worst defeat in FIFA World Cup history. Löw led Germany to their fourth World Cup title win with a 1–0 victory in extra time against Argentina in the final.[58][59]

E) Euro 2016

6) France would defeat Germany 2–0, inflicting its first loss on Germany in a major tournament for the first time since 1958

F) 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup

7) On 2 July 2017, Löw led Germany to their FIFA Confederations Cup title win for the first time after a 1-0 victory against Chile in the final at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg.[91]

G) 2018 World Cup

8) Germany were eliminated in the first round of the World Cup for the first time since 1938, and encountered its first ever group stage exit after losing 2–0 to South Korea.[99][100]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_L%C3%B6w#Manager
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

knock-out.... :lol:

fabio wrote:
metalalloy wrote: Low was manager appointed in 2006 and did not win his first title till 2014 EIGHT years later.

Let that sink in....

A) Euro 2008

1) On 12 July 2006,[11] following Klinsmann's decision not to renew his contract, Löw was named as the new manager of Germany. Löw obtained a contract for two years and announced that he wanted to continue in the philosophy developed with Klinsmann to play with an offensive style.

B) 2010 World Cup

3) Germany then lost the semi-final to Spain 1–0.[50] On 10 July 2010, they went on to win the third place play-off against Uruguay by 3–2 to collect the bronze medals and third place at the 2010 World Cup.[51]

In the 2010 World Cup, Löw introduced new young players and fielded the second youngest team of the tournament, Germany's youngest since 1934.

C) Euro 2012

4) In the quarter-finals, Germany beat Greece 4–2, but were eliminated in the semi-finals following a 2–1 loss to Italy.[55]

D) 2014 World Cup

5) In the semi-final match, Germany defeated hosts Brazil 7–1 to reach the tournament's final; the result was Brazil's worst defeat in FIFA World Cup history. Löw led Germany to their fourth World Cup title win with a 1–0 victory in extra time against Argentina in the final.[58][59]

E) Euro 2016

6) France would defeat Germany 2–0, inflicting its first loss on Germany in a major tournament for the first time since 1958

7) On 2 July 2017, Löw led Germany to their FIFA Confederations Cup title win for the first time after a 1-0 victory against Chile in the final at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg.[91]

G) 2018 World Cup

8) Germany were eliminated in the first round of the World Cup for the first time since 1938, and encountered its first ever group stage exit after losing 2–0 to South Korea.[99][100]

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

iworo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I think we should keep Rohr, me i don tire to dey change coach after every loss, and come to think of it, we end up getting the same or worse results.. Let the man build his team,
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Bigpokey24 but I agree 100%. :oops: :oops:
When a mans right he’s right :clap:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

asabatex wrote:knock-out.... :lol:

fabio wrote:

Let that sink in....

A) Euro 2008

B) 2010 World Cup

C) Euro 2012

D) 2014 World Cup

E) Euro 2016

G) 2018 World Cup

The only reason why we are reading this is because it’s Germany,they’ll be back and they will win big again!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Joachim Low made the same mistakes that defending champions make. They tend to believe majority of the players that won the World Cup can do it again in the following one. The team that won the Confeds for Germany was actually much stronger than Low's presentation in Russia. Something tells me he will not make that mistake again and he has learnt his lesson the hard way.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Poor attempt at sacarsm.

Low is a World Champion.

And yet...

Let that sink in....
:rotf: :rotf:
Before you laugh, you better be sure you know what you are laughing at... :sad:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:

Let that sink in....

A) Euro 2008

B) 2010 World Cup

C) Euro 2012

D) 2014 World Cup

E) Euro 2016

G) 2018 World Cup

Thanks Fabio.

Rohr has won NOTHING.

Hopefully, he will qualify us for the AFCON. But I would have fired him long time ago for the ignominy of losing to South Africa at home.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: 2–0 to South Korea.[99][100]

Thanks Fabio.

Rohr has won NOTHING.

Hopefully, he will qualify us for the AFCON. But I would have fired him long time ago for the ignominy of losing to South Africa at home.[/quote]Come, Oga Cellular..

WHAT DID YOU GIVE ROHR TO WIN THAT HE DID NOT WIN?
The World Cup? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you and Fabio be DFB Chairman and Vice, una for don sack Low since 2008.
Na lie?

Sebi na solely "results-orientated" job una call am?

You can't wriggle out of this one... :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:

Let that sink in....

A) Euro 2008

B) 2010 World Cup

PAUSE FIRST...... :P :P :P

This is FOUR YEARS into his reign as German coach and him never win anything o.
Germany! Not Sweden, or Austria or Belgium o....
GERMANY!

FOUR YEARS.
There's more....
In the 2010 World Cup, Löw introduced new young players and fielded the second youngest team of the tournament, Germany's youngest since 1934
How stupid of him!
He hasn't won a single trophy after four years and he has the audacity to take this young team to 2010 WC. For what exactly? To learn? "What are they learning?" (©Fabio)

Fabio....you Cellular and Bullimia12 (amongst many others) would have called for this guy's sack at least two years before, having failed to meet Germany's targets on three occasions.

This is your philosophy and you need to own it.
You want to use Low's SUBSEQUENT triumphs to argue why he shouldn't have been sacked after three failures (and counting) in his first FOUR years in charge.
It turned out to be EIGHT years before he won anything. But "Rohr should go.... NOW!"

You Nigerians can argue sha.
How you ever posted this to support your argument befuddles the mind..... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
PAUSE FIRST...... :P :P :P

This is FOUR YEARS into his reign as German coach and him never win anything o.
Germany! Not Sweden, or Austria or Belgium o....
GERMANY!

FOUR YEARS.
There's more....

In the 2010 World Cup, Löw introduced new young players and fielded the second youngest team of the tournament, Germany's youngest since 1934
How stupid of him!
He hasn't won a single trophy after four years and he has the audacity to take this young team to 2010 WC. For what exactly? To learn? "What are they learning?" (©Fabio)

Fabio....you Cellular and Bullimia12 (amongst many others) would have called for this guy's sack at least two years before, having failed to meet Germany's targets on three occasions.

This is your philosophy and you need to own it.
You want to use Low's SUBSEQUENT triumphs to argue why he shouldn't have been sacked after three failures (and counting) in his first FOUR years in charge.
It turned out to be EIGHT years before he won anything. But "Rohr should go.... NOW!"

You Nigerians can argue sha.
How you ever posted this to support your argument befuddles the mind..... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Please Pause First.

Let's examine the facts: Low, in his first tournament in 2008 ended with a defeat in the FINAL against SPAIN, this was in the days of Tika-Tika. Losing 1-0 to the then excellent Spanish team is a very good outing.

In his next tournament WC 2010. Low lost to Spain against in WC Semi- Final in they hey days of Tika-Tika.

In Low first four years:

1) 2008: Euros Final (Silver, 2nd Place).
2) 2010: World Cup Semi- Final (Bronze, 3rd Place).
3) 2012: Euro Semi - Final.

According to Damunk the above achievement are failures. Figures don't liar, liars cant figure.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim