G of 16: SWEDEN (1) vs. SWITZERLAND (0)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SWEDEN (1) vs. SWITZERLAND (0)

Post by SylverEagles »

txj wrote:
Sequence as I recall is as follows:

1. Ref calls PK (no card decision yet)
2. Ref consults VAR
3. Ref revises call to FK outside the box
4. Ref then issues RC
Nope, the ref issued the red card right after awarding the PK, Lang, the Swiss player was even already off the pitch before the VAR review was called. Anyways it has been explained by the studio analysts here - He was given a red because he made no real attempt at the ball. According to the rule, you get a yellow if you make a genuine attempt at the ball, hence why the Denmark player only got a yellow.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Welcome back Xhaka
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Stockholm is on fire now, the city is all yellow and blue! Well they believe they have a real chance of getting far and why not! Their defence seems to be pretty good, they have only conceded 2 goals against Germany, i still feel they are wasteful in front of goal, they had several chances that should have been buried, well England - Columbia winner awaits Swden, who will it be?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

SylverEagles wrote:In any case, Sweden is a solid defensive team. Very solid!! Only conceded one goal so far in the world cup! They will be a tough out!
Conceeded 2 goals against Germany, look how they beat Italy in the pmay offs! That defence was water tight, almkst remind me of Greece
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rawlings wrote:How come Sweden, a ice hockey nation, can make it this far.. while Naija a nation of 200 million soccer-only nation is so poor?

Sweden has performed better than Nigeria at world cup, they finished 3rd in 1994, beat Nigeria in 2002, remember, they have an average league here, watched a few games here live, not the prettiest to watch but at least they have a functioning league and play to their strenghts

Marko
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: SWEDEN (-) vs. SWITZERLAND (-)

Post by iworo »

anikulapo wrote:Nigeria should have tried to poach this Akanji kid ohhh.

Baller :thumb:
He waited for a call up from Nigeria but one never came. So, he eventually gave in to Switzerland. I sabi him papa "Fishi". He attended Government College Ibadan with my older brother.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:

2. Ref consults VAR
4. Ref then issues RC
Nope, the ref issued the red card right after awarding the PK, Lang, the Swiss player was even already off the pitch before the VAR review was called. Anyways it has been explained by the studio analysts here - He was given a red because he made no real attempt at the ball. According to the rule, you get a yellow if you make a genuine attempt at the ball, hence why the Denmark player only got a yellow.

Don’t waste your time ... some are incapable of learning except on their own terms
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

iworo wrote:

He waited for a call up from Nigeria but one never came. So, he eventually gave in to Switzerland. I sabi him papa "Fishi". He attended Government College Ibadan with my older brother.

Cheiii please say it’s a joke :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

anikulapo wrote:
iworo wrote:

I ain't kidding. Honestly, that was what his father told my brother.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

iworo wrote:

CHEI!!! Naija oooo

I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:

2. Ref consults VAR
4. Ref then issues RC
Yep that was the sequence, he pointed at the red card after the VAR review to signify that the red he gave still stands.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Definite red card, he fouled the last man but the contact was made outside the box, anyways, Sweden did enough to win, check how they qualified in a tough group and also the play offs with Italy, their defence is solid, almost reminds me of Greece of 2004, nobody is looking at them because the likes of Belgium, Brazil, England, Croatia , France are still in it.

Assuming they face England, they will believe they have a chance as both countries have a habit of beating each other

I hope a new country wins this world cup

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

That’s a semi-final booked. #itscominghome
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:That’s a semi-final booked. #itscominghome
Not too soon, this world cup has sprung up surprises, one cannot rule anyone out at this stage, sometimes this is where luck comes into games at the knock out stages, lets look at England closely, current under 17 champions, under 20s, Sweden won the UEFA under 21 a few years ago, so can one see the investment in football by both countries, can remember during the world cup qualifying, they beat France in Stockholm, not a team i will like to write off, yes not too many household names but they are surprising a lot of people including me

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One word. King Alfred. Been there. Done it. Got the kingdom and the tshirt.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coachito.....Sweden sabi beat England, take am easy oo :biggrin:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
iworo wrote:

I ain't kidding. Honestly, that was what his father told my brother.
Fishy (Akanji's dad) sitting and standing on the left with some of my brother's classmates when he came to Nigeria to bury his mother last year.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am worried because of a trend I see with England even as highlighted by Marko. U17,U20..hmmmm please if it is a bad dream someone wake me up before I see fire inside well.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

zee wrote:
Coachito.....Sweden sabi beat England, take am easy oo :biggrin:
Small boy u do know di team, I am teachin u di team, u are playin wiv di team!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:I am worried because of a trend I see with England even as highlighted by Marko. U17,U20..hmmmm please if it is a bad dream someone wake me up before I see fire inside well.

England had to go back to the drawing room to see what made the bigger teams tick, remember they never took the FIFA youth competitions seriously until now, England FA invested heavily in grassroot football, now we are seeing an emergence of good young players, yes maybe this world cup is too soon but if they continue like this, next world cup, they should be more than ready

Marko