G of 16: ENGLAND (4) (1) vs. COLOMBIA (3) (1) AGG 5-4

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: G of 16: ENGLAND (4) (1) vs. COLOMBIA (3) (1) AGG 5-4

Post by Coach »

Ospina even took a Wengerian step to his left. Lol!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Compare the strong palms of Pickford to that Sissy Ospina on Dier’s back pass ... I’m so mad at that midget goalie
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Well luck of the draw, manufactured penalties from Referees and VAR can only take you so far. The colonisers would run out of luck soon.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

anikulapo wrote:Compare the strong palms of Pickford to that Sissy Ospina on Dier’s back pass ... I’m so mad at that midget goalie
Wenger’s boy.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Curve whiz wrote:Well luck of the draw, manufactured penalties from Referees and VAR can only take you so far. The colonisers would run out of luck soon.
They’ve been saying it since Tunisia’s equaliser. Nigeria have landed, unpacked and even done the weekly big shop at Shoprite. England are still spending Roubles. Not coming home any time soon.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

cchinukw wrote:These guys started preparing for this from like 2010. By the last world cup exit they pretty much tore up everything they knew and started to embrace modern football techniques.

They have studied set pieces and penalties like a science. See where it's got them now.

No alternative to hard work, vision and determination to succeed.

Question is will Nigeria learn?
:lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

England have been practicing penalties alright! It showed today, very clinical, Soutgate got them to play the ball on the ground, they passed the ball from back rather than whack it like they used to, this team is a changed team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

At least Ospina saved 1 Pk. Cech would have saved NOTHING.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

marko wrote:England have been practicing penalties alright! It showed today, very clinical, Soutgate got them to play the ball on the ground, they passed the ball from back rather than whack it like they used to, this team is a changed team
In other words, it’s coming home!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Coach wrote:
marko wrote:England have been practicing penalties alright! It showed today, very clinical, Soutgate got them to play the ball on the ground, they passed the ball from back rather than whack it like they used to, this team is a changed team
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Can't blame Ospina for this. He saved one PK. His team couldn't even score afterwards ...
Ospina had nothing to do in this game. England is really useless. They can't manufacture chances ... And got beaten in the air???? Seriously England?
Coach wrote:Ospina even took a Wengerian step to his left. Lol!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:
No, there are still games to be won and nothing is a foregone conclusion, the teams left sre there on merit, but i did say earlier that if they dont do it this year, there will be more than ready at the next world cup, they are the current holders of the under 17, under 20 and they are playing good football as well, so one has to give credit where its due
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In other words, it’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I will lke to see rashford more involved, vardy dont offer much, still work in progress and kane on 6 goals

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ospinach. I feel sorry for Davinson Sanchez. Spurs carry the day. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

marko wrote:I will lke to see rashford more involved, vardy dont offer much, still work in progress and kane on 6 goals
And then proclaim King Kane how great thou art
Then sings my soul
He scores the goals for me
How great thou art,
How great thou art

He's 'Arry Kane
He score the goals for me
How great thou art
How greeeeeeeeeat thou art!!!

#goingviral.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:These guys started preparing for this from like 2010. By the last world cup exit they pretty much tore up everything they knew and started to embrace modern football techniques.

They have studied set pieces and penalties like a science. See where it's got them now.

No alternative to hard work, vision and determination to succeed.

Question is will Nigeria learn?
I doubt you will say this if Colombia had beat them on penalty
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well for some reason Colombia felt they couldn't hang with England and they turned the game into an ugly brawl. Sanchez is one dumb player. First game he handles the ball and gets a red, this one he rugby tackles Kane. Barrios gets away with a head butt and every set piece was contested like a felony court case. I almost started supporting England, that's how disgusted at them I was. Funny thing is when they decided to play they were not bad.

As for England, they seem as clueless as ever. Not a creative bone in any of them. What gives with that Island that they cannot even create a player of any kind of imagination. I might as well skip their quarter finals. They will probably win against Sweden which is little more than an England team B side.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Can't blame Ospina for this. He saved one PK. His team couldn't even score afterwards ...
Ospina had nothing to do in this game. England is really useless. They can't manufacture chances ... And got beaten in the air???? Seriously England?
Coach wrote:Ospina even took a Wengerian step to his left. Lol!

Dude your missing the point ... he read the pk all the way ... it was a soft pk with no power .... very weak and poor palms there ..:. Easy save clown
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

2 games away from the finals, at this stage its all about winning games, Belgium with their fancy players had to do it the old fashioned way, they were at the brink of going out, now its about getting to the finals, you can save your spanish like football for the circus

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Just finished watching. Was rooting for Colombia but England did deserve to win so justice served.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“Ospina had the wrists of an asthmatic vitamin deficient teenage girl there”

:rotf:

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Air, not a fancy dan in sight, but plenty have already collected their luggage off the carousel.