Who should we blame for the goal?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

CCC and his Formation!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]hakim075[/color] wrote:I AGREE WITH YOU,AND IT'S NOT AGALI WHO WILL CHANGE THE SITUATION, WHEN HE WERE IN, i knew that the game is over
Yeap. All day we tried to get into the match with 3 strikers to no avail, so instead of making a tactical change by fortifying the midfield, what did CCC do? He replaced one striker with another :evil:.
When CCC took out Kanu he should have brought in Lawal or Ekong (Two players not on my favorites list). Our 'midfield was gushing and he did nothing, nothing at all to stem the flow
khalela

Post by khalela »

I do nor think Baba is to blame.Okoronkwo could not carry his bulk so he could not mark.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dodo, Kanu's replacement, Ikedia, at least changed things around for us a bit as Ikedia took over the RW and Utaka was able to go and stay in the middle. Once we fell behind, I expected him to have replaced Aiyegbeni with Ekong or Lawal to hold the midfield and try to create problems from the middle.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
dagooner
Egg
Egg

Post by dagooner »

If CCC continue to play Kanu and JJ @ the same time, we might as well start supporting anoda team, Benin? cameroun?

Kanu+JJ is a LUXURY NO team can afford!!!

I bet Yobo was wtaching "Lord of The Rings, Return of The King" while Hadji turned 270 degrees b4 placing the ball beyond Enyeama, even if na Manute Bol dey Naija post, im for no fit catch that ball.

Names, PAST achievements/Glories DON'T play soccer!!!

I REALLY don't know what to/not to expect from this team.

BTW the "Hadji" that scored the goal, is he the same as the one playing for Villa?
TRUTH is NOT Known by Its Popularity!!!!
bigshawn30
Egg
Egg

Post by bigshawn30 »

ALL DEM YEYE TEAM, JUST GOT IN MY TIMER NO RECORD THE YEYE MATCH THANK GOD MAN PEKIN NO CALL IN SICK DIS MORNING FOR WORK.
ALL NIGERIA UNDER 17GAMES QUARTER, sEMI & fINAL & All Super Eagles ANC 2008 & PLAYERS INTERVIEWS IN DVD FREE POSTAGE WORLDWIDE PM 4 DETAILS.
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

None of the above.
The Morrocan manager for realising that we do not do our homework and Yobo would not know who to mark whwn a change was made as to us they all look alike. So Yobo was marking the person he thought was the new striker oblivious to the fact that he had the wrong man and the striker was in fact free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Goal ignorance is bliss untill it bites u
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Gotti wrote:Okoronkwo -- and of course Chukwu. It was a piss-poor performance by both!
Why all these ratings about CCC now Gotti; You just noticed? When he almost threw away the ANC ticket against Senegal, you said he still won; and when he could only beat Malawi and lost to the only competitive oppositio--Brazil, you said he hasn't lost a competitive game yet. So what has changed bro? Or r u just now being emotional? :D :D

You backed the wrong horse long time ago, so ride it to the end man.
...but with God all things are possible...
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]green4life[/color] wrote:From what I remember, that goal was caused by a combination of Babayaro, who failed to close up on the guy who delivered the pass and Yobo who did not mark hadji.
The guy who delivered the pass did it from outside the 18 yard box and Baba couldn't have closed him down anymore than he did.
IAG, watch the tape again. The guy who delivered the pass was a few yards outside the 18 on the left side of our defense. Babayaro saw him and even had an opportunity to close up on him but chose to do the safe thing (as usual) which gave him the room to cross that pass into the box... Yobo then fell asleep on the job which allowed hadji to score... the sad thing about that is that until that moment, both players were playing brillliantly...
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

geminikoat wrote:
Gotti wrote:Okoronkwo -- and of course Chukwu. It was a piss-poor performance by both!
Why all these ratings about CCC now Gotti.
GEMINIOAT:
There are no "rantings" (I assume that's what you meant) here. Tactically, Chukwu had a piss-poor game on the night (just as Wenger had on another night against Inter Milan -- as have several others). There is nothing amiss in acknowledging a miserable day at the office.

Another Nigerian coach called Clemons Westerhoff similarly began an ANC campaign with a 1-5 shellacking from another North African country (and virtually threw away Nigeria's 1990 World Cup hopes). Pardon me itherefore f I reserve my right to judge Chukwu only on the outcome of the ENTIRE tournament.

A seminal lesson in tournament play (and life itself) is that it is often a marathon and not a sprint. I will therefore leave the summary judgments (Cameroun is awlful, Senegal is miserable, etc -- all on the basis of one game) to the premature ejaculators amongst us.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Gotti wrote:
geminikoat wrote:
Why all these ratings about CCC now Gotti.
GEMINIOAT:
There are no "rantings" (I assume that's what you meant) here. Tactically, Chukwu had a piss-poor game on the night (just as Wenger had on another night against Inter Milan -- as have several others). There is nothing amiss in acknowledging a miserable day at the office.

Another Nigerian coach called Clemons Westerhoff similarly began an ANC campaign with a 1-5 shellacking from another North African country (and virtually threw away Nigeria's 1990 World Cup hopes). Pardon me itherefore f I reserve my right to judge Chukwu only on the outcome of the ENTIRE tournament.

A seminal lesson in tournament play (and life itself) is that it is often a marathon and not a sprint. I will therefore leave the summary judgments (Cameroun is awlful, Senegal is miserable, etc -- all on the basis of one game) to the premature ejaculators amongst us.
Premature ejaculators? :lol: :lol: Don Gotti don finish the doom sayers.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

That defence was over-worked. Seyi was over-worked. Playing 2 out and out strikers in Aghahowa and Ayegbeni was a luxury. We are better off having 5 midfielders who can easily join the lone striker when he needs help and also retreat to help the back 4 when they need help.

The blame for this loss has to be taken by the coach who flooded the team with too many fancy players. European coaches rarely do what CCC did today.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I think we should blame Hadji for the goal;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

CCC and nfa should be blamed. CCC for his unpatrioctic #$%, he know that he is not a real coach and still insist in leading them to ANC to bury naija soccer. I also blame Nfa for not hiring a real coach and for edithing the list to exclude obodo, oruma etc.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

nah that goal was claerly Yobo's fault....u guys must have watched a diffrent game if u think it was okoronkwo...Yobo was the one who left hadji and went to stand infront of the keeper...Yobo was not paying attention. by the time he noticed it was too late...his man was miles away from him ...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]fishward1[/color] wrote:None of the above.
The Morrocan manager for realising that we do not do our homework and Yobo would not know who to mark whwn a change was made as to us they all look alike. So Yobo was marking the person he thought was the new striker oblivious to the fact that he had the wrong man and the striker was in fact free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
You could be right, but I don't it. Yobo was not marking anyone when Hadji scored.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

fishward1 wrote:None of the above.
nah go and watch it again...yobo was not marking anyone...he was standing in front of the keeper...i dont know what he was dreaming about but he allowed his man to stray a little, this gave hadji enough time to the damage....by the time yobo got there the shot had already been taken...West would never have allowed a thing like that..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
azuka

Post by azuka »

None of the players but rather CCC for presenting a team that displayed a
piss-poor performance
as Gotti put it. I am not crucifying CCC yet though because i believe we can still qualify if only he does not translate mass attack to mean fielding 4 strikers at the same time.