Coach vs Yeye; ENG vs BEL - ALL IN?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach vs Yeye: RU Man enough, Big & Bad enough? ENG vs S

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, after di reggae, play di blues...Brazil aren’t making it to the big dance and if they do, it will be for no purpose beyond being manhandled by Oga Yoorope. They haven’t recovered from the mauling by High Chief, Oga Mannschaft, Osina nwata buru ogaranya 1 of the whole Fortaleza land. The only team that can derail the runaway train, beat back the battleship HMS ‘Avsummadaaat, is Mazi France, but such is the way of Mazi’s, rich in ancient intellects and poor in new age application. Bacon, egg, double sausage, mushrooms, deep fried, oceans of salt, tea, ten sugars #itscominghome.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mazi, Brazil, France, Uruguay, Croatia, Belgium and Sweden all have what it takes to defeat England. Russia too with the help of home "favours".

You don't think Maguire dem go piss for pant when they see Mbappe, Griezmann or Dembele running full power at them? :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

@Coachito, are you man enough to double the bet? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Coach wrote:@Yeye, chips still on the table...large. How’s ya faith these days?
My faith remains unshakeable. I want England to lost to France in the Final but if it must be Sweden this Saturday then so be it. The sense of loss in a WC Final against France will be immeasurable and palpable. I'll be shooting their grief up my veins to give me life. :thumbs:
Chief, I don't trust France in the WC final. They have a suspect defence, even with the superb Umtiti, and the elegant Varane in central defence. How did the Argies score three quick goals against them? I fancy Brazil against Ingerland because most have not noticed that the Brazil defence is very stingy, and they have a great, or two great goalkeepers: Alisson and Ederson. The addition of that former Atletico stalwart Miranda in defence was a masterstroke.

If Brazil meet Ingerlund in the final, Ingerlund will be shaking so much the ref will have to call the match, due to failure of the English team to take to the field. :lol: The only problem with Brazil is their attack and the insistence on starting that Ighaloic small pikin Gabriel Jesus, who ruins everything he touches--sorry Oga oloye, I no gree that he hustles. Start Fermino, and Man City's Kyle Walker will sheet his pants, and ask to be subbed :lol: My boy Coochinio will run those Englanders ragged, knowing them as he does from his days at Liverpool.

But Brazil still have to get past the heavyweight teams in their path, any of which could beat them. Belgium, France, and most of all Uruguay.
Chief, I am still trying to figure out if Neymar is a ‘winch’ or wizard. Either way, Brazil will take the cup home if that dude continues to run at defences the way he is doing. He makes it so easy for the others (special shout-out to Willian and Coutinho). They are just so compact this time around.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yeye, man enough but equally wise enough to know a bigger blind comes with a track record of punctual payouts. Once you’ve proven yourself a Lannister, the wagers can be big, bad and heavy.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:@Yeye, man enough but equally wise enough to know a bigger blind comes with a track record of punctual payouts. Once you’ve proven yourself a Lannister, the wagers can be big, bad and heavy.
Neither of us have a track record of payments - punctual or otherwise. So my question remains: double or quits? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

IAG moment looming?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

[*]For the sake of your financial commitments, @Yeye, in the presence of a witness (nominee required)

The wager:
a) £100
b) £100 + mandatory £100 bet on the next round.

More than happy to go £200 and would just as gladly deposit the wager in hold...but for the sake of sure payment, £100 with the penalty of a 6 month ban (@Cellular, Alusi Power, can this be enforced) for failed payment within 24 hours of defeat.
Last edited by Coach on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Coach wrote:For the sake of your financial commitments, @Yeye, in the presence of a witness (nominee required)

The wager:
a) £50
b) £100

More than happy to go £200 and would just as gladly deposit the wager in hold...but for the sake of sure payment, £100 with the penalty of a 6 month ban (@Cellular, Alusi Power, can this be enforced) for failed payment within 24 hours of defeat.
Ahem, is it South Sudan, Egyptian or Mama Charlie?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^updated.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yeye, surely we fine folk don’t want this to be the new inglorious IAG thread...let’s keep it at a oner for this round, a modest squander on a bunch of tactless Swedes. Presumably a similar wager on Russia or Croatia and chance to win back (more likely, lose) £100 would be wanted. A clause can be written into the wager, as per option b).
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I'm a simple man. I like simple things. So let's keep it simple. :D

I'm still undecided on the outcome of the game and therefore whether to place the wager but I'm partial to this:

If England wins in 90 mins then coach wins £200
If England wins in 120 mins then coach wins £100

If Sweden wins in 90 mins then The YeyeMan wins £200
If Sweden wins in 120 mins then The YeyeMan wins £100

If the game is decided on penalties then the bet is annulled.

Your thoughts, sir?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yeye, a win is a win, though a win by penalties invites too much luck to be considered fair bet. With the three lions set for another two games after trouncing Sweden, there will be more opportunities for your wallet to be relieved of its coinage. Lets keep it at £100 for a win within 90-120 minutes. Annulled thereafter.

Keep it modest for your first loss, then chase evens and a bit with the next.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:@Mazi, after di reggae, play di blues...Brazil aren’t making it to the big dance and if they do, it will be for no purpose beyond being manhandled by Oga Yoorope. They haven’t recovered from the mauling by High Chief, Oga Mannschaft, Osina nwata buru ogaranya 1 of the whole Fortaleza land. The only team that can derail the runaway train, beat back the battleship HMS ‘Avsummadaaat, is Mazi France, but such is the way of Mazi’s, rich in ancient intellects and poor in new age application. Bacon, egg, double sausage, mushrooms, deep fried, oceans of salt, tea, ten sugars #itscominghome.
:D :D :D
You wish. Ingerland has not yet been tested. Calamity John Stones is very, very due for an atrocious error. :lol: Any team from the left side will crush Ingerland. It's coming home to Brasil. :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Double or nothing?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Thats the offer to the desperate man, the shot in last chance saloon, a brutal bourbon served as neat as a boarding school dormitory. It has not gotten to that yet. Yeye need lose his oner first before the doubling can commence.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:@Yeye, a win is a win, though a win by penalties invites too much luck to be considered fair bet. With the three lions set for another two games after trouncing Sweden, there will be more opportunities for your wallet to be relieved of its coinage. Lets keep it at £100 for a win within 90-120 minutes. Annulled thereafter.

Keep it modest for your first loss, then chase evens and a bit with the next.
You're faltering, you don't sound so confident. I thought it was "coming home". If so, this is free money for you.

Are you prepared to double up? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

No faltering...100 is an easy payout. 200 is a good win but as the recipient, the 200 is more likely to Its A Goal'd. Lets keep your loss at 100 for now.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:No faltering...100 is an easy payout. 200 is a good win but as the recipient, the 200 is more likely to Its A Goal'd. Lets keep your loss at 100 for now.
Abeg, don't project the shenanigans of others or yourself on to me.

If I lose a bet I will pay out. Simple.

Will you?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Without fail. For good reasons however, the wager must remain at 100 quid for this round. Is the bet in place? Confirm asap as one expects an announcement from camp soon and certainly want the bet in place prior to this.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Looks like we're not going to reach an agreement here. So one final offer because the problem appears to be your ability to pay out in the event of a loss.

If you lose you can pay me the first £100 within 24 hours, and the second £100 within 24 hours after the last semi-final - following the above conditions for a Sweden victory in 90 minutes.

If I lose I pay £200 within 24 hours - in the event of an England victory in 90 minutes.

I can't say fairer than that.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yeye, the sum is not the issue, rather the principle of the big blind. All payments should be within 24 hours, but 200 for a straightener isn’t the best for either party and exceeds my single bet allowance for this round. Already have wagers on all four quarters, with a residual of £110 remaining, the ten is reserve in the unlikely event that all four+one bets fail. Again, let’s keep it to one hundred, England’s semi-final fixture can be taken to one fifty, with 200 allowed for the final. A bit rigid but that’s the kitty. Yes one could go over and flirted with the idea, but there’s a code of conduct agreed upon.

A gentleman’s agreement in place to increase the blind in the next round.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In addendum, let’s agree on the oner and finalise the bet.

Sweden within 90/120 minutes @Yeye wins £100
England within 90/120 minutes @Coach wins £100.

Winnings must be paid within 24 hours. Perhaps then a penalty for failed payment in full within the timeframe.