Delusional UK based CEs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogiso
Egg
Egg
Re: Delusional UK based CEs

Post by ogiso »

Two questions for you Sir:
1. Has any other country been champion at two levels at the same time?
2. Do you consider England’s success at the youth levels luck or coincidence?
Kneedeep wrote:
ogiso wrote:Current U17 World Champions - England
Current U20 World Champions - England

If the senior team wins the World Cup, only an 1d10t will call that luck. Not delusion, a very distinct possibility. Something is working!
Is there a historical correlation between winning U17 or U20 and winning the World Cup? Why is it special for England? That they stopped running away from youth tournaments.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I've been in Russia since the start of the WC and England fans have been talking about winning it since they beat Panama. After the win yesterday I've had a few conversations with lads thinking the easy road to the final gives them the right to begin thinking about whether they should be in Moscow or London for the final. The last few weeks reiterates exactly why England suck at this sport. They care too much about results than about performance. They will ignore the latter no matter what as long as they win, except that they don't understand that only good consistent performances lead to success at the WC and Euros. You can't expect to luck your way to trophies against the best teams in the world. I expect Sweden or Croatia to knock them out and then for them to lament one or two trivial issues when they should instead be focusing on how they can improve the technical abilities of their attacking players.

Finally, I keep hearing this rubbish about England being good because the EPL is supposedltly the best league in the world. We can debate the EPLs global standing separately but the fact is the EPL is good due to its openness to global talent. You take out foreign players and that league becomes atrocious. The benefit to England of having these foreign players is it allows English players to compete with and learn from foreign players. Nonetheless, Englands main problem is culture. While the Spanish and German teach their kids the fundamentals and focus on building character and skill, the English teach their kids how to punt the ball downfield and score to win meaningless games that do not translate to success at the international and professional level.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In the 90s that was indeed the curriculum, nowadays, there’s no such thing. Nowadays it’s Wiel Coerver and nothing else.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ogiso wrote:Two questions for you Sir:
1. Has any other country been champion at two levels at the same time?
2. Do you consider England’s success at the youth levels luck or coincidence?
Kneedeep wrote:

If the senior team wins the World Cup, only an 1d10t will call that luck. Not delusion, a very distinct possibility. Something is working!
Is there a historical correlation between winning U17 or U20 and winning the World Cup? Why is it special for England? That they stopped running away from youth tournaments.
FRance, argentina, Brazil.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Prince wrote:
ohsee wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Just watched Sky Sports News this morning, and now I understand. The hysteria in England is unbelievable--"It's Coming Home," is the theme everywhere. You would think they have already won the World Cup, and not just struggled to beat a low ranked team. :lol:

By the way, BigP, I think Coachito is being satirical. :lol:
Colombia has better ranking than Emgland anyway you should be talking abiut north korea in r andr
Plince, we are not talking about guguru and epa selling with handkerchief sideline, we are talking about football. :D :taunt: According by FIFA, Ingerland is 12, while Colombia is 16.
https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... index.html
I will join you in Rant and Rave when Wol Cup finish. :D :taunt: In the meantime, It's NOT comin' 'ome. :lol:
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

ohsee wrote:
Prince wrote:
ohsee wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Just watched Sky Sports News this morning, and now I understand. The hysteria in England is unbelievable--"It's Coming Home," is the theme everywhere. You would think they have already won the World Cup, and not just struggled to beat a low ranked team. :lol:

By the way, BigP, I think Coachito is being satirical. :lol:
Colombia has better ranking than Emgland anyway you should be talking abiut north korea in r andr
Plince, we are not talking about guguru and epa selling with handkerchief sideline, we are talking about football. :D :taunt: According by FIFA, Ingerland is 12, while Colombia is 16.
https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... index.html
I will join you in Rant and Rave when Wol Cup finish. :D :taunt: In the meantime, It's NOT comin' 'ome. :lol:
When did england become 12?

Any its coming home
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kneedeep wrote:

What is paining you inside?
Just be happy for people and enjoy the spectacle abeg. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Heliopolis wrote:I've been in Russia since the start of the WC and England fans have been talking about winning it since they beat Panama. After the win yesterday I've had a few conversations with lads thinking the easy road to the final gives them the right to begin thinking about whether they should be in Moscow or London for the final. The last few weeks reiterates exactly why England suck at this sport. They care too much about results than about performance. They will ignore the latter no matter what as long as they win, except that they don't understand that only good consistent performances lead to success at the WC and Euros. You can't expect to luck your way to trophies against the best teams in the world. I expect Sweden or Croatia to knock them out and then for them to lament one or two trivial issues when they should instead be focusing on how they can improve the technical abilities of their attacking players.

Finally, I keep hearing this rubbish about England being good because the EPL is supposedltly the best league in the world. We can debate the EPLs global standing separately but the fact is the EPL is good due to its openness to global talent. You take out foreign players and that league becomes atrocious. The benefit to England of having these foreign players is it allows English players to compete with and learn from foreign players. Nonetheless, Englands main problem is culture. While the Spanish and German teach their kids the fundamentals and focus on building character and skill, the English teach their kids how to punt the ball downfield and score to win meaningless games that do not translate to success at the international and professional level.
Too much long tori.
Football fans are allowed to be delusional - that is the very definition of a fan.
How some people can be so uncomfortable with another set of fellow human beings living their dream is beyond me.

Me, I'm rooting for England just to see how much needless pain you people will be in the further they go. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Meanwhile, Nigerians are the last people that should be complaining of Acute Delusional Football Disorder.
Its what we do. :idea:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:Me, I'm rooting for England just to see how much needless pain you people will be in the further they go. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you want to root for England then do it with pride - and not use this mealy-mouthed "because of u pipul" justification!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:Me, I'm rooting for England just to see how much needless pain you people will be in the further they go. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you want to root for England then do it with pride - and not use this mealy-mouthed "because of u pipul" justification!
You dont get it. And do i detect a hint of irritation too?
Relax. :taunt:

You might be delighted to know that I'm not particularly enamored by the England team. I find them far too boring. It's France for me now. Not even Brazil.

But the fun is in seeing the agony you people suffer every time England win a game, deservedly or not.
I just don't get why it causes you lot so much pain. A bit hypocritical too, wingeing and whining about England fans when Nigerian fans are no different, with less achievements to run with.

But its all very amusing to witness.
Great fun.

You should try it! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Damunk wrote:What is paining you inside?
A hit dog will holla' :taunt: . Here's a prescription for gositdownmycin and we'll see you next week.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

You might be delighted to know that I'm not particularly enamored by the England team. I find them far too boring. It's France for me now. Not even Brazil.

But the fun is in seeing the agony you people suffer every time England win a game, deservedly or not.
I just don't get why it causes you lot so much pain. A bit hypocritical too, wingeing and whining about England fans when Nigerian fans are no different, with less achievements to run with.

Great fun.

Irritation, moi? I'm set to collect ££s from coach - I'm at peace. :D

You mean if I search the England match threads I will not find you rooting for England because they are England and not because it "causes una pain"? Make I search small small...? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Great fun.

Irritation, moi? I'm set to collect ££s from coach - I'm at peace. :D

You mean if I search the England match threads I will not find you rooting for England because they are England and not because it "causes una pain"? Make I search small small...? :D
Oya search nah.
Then you can hand over those ££££s you are about to collect.

Type 'England' as keyword
'Damunk' as author.
Then search.

I dey wait.... 8-)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:

seems you flip flop a lot
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:

seems you flip flop a lot
Seems you suffer visual hallucinations. Seeing my shadow everywhere, thinking its me.
Thought you'd stopped the drugs.
No?

Oya, go join Yeyeman in his search... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:They played a jamesless Colombia and won in PK’s. Just let that sit for a bit. Just saying.
This book self are you afraid?

Just name the CE supporting England. Dr Coach OBE and Dr Damunk KBE instead of hiding behind "UK CEs"
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AreaDaddy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:They played a jamesless Colombia and won in PK’s. Just let that sit for a bit. Just saying.
This book self are you afraid?

Just name the CE supporting England. Dr Coach OBE and Dr Damunk KBE instead of hiding behind "UK CEs"
Are Damunk and Coach UK based CEs?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved