Gent look to sign Kenneth Omeruo from Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Gent look to sign Kenneth Omeruo from Chelsea

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Belgian side Gent look to prise Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo away from Chelsea - See more at: https://goo.gl/i4MwEr

Not sure this is a positive move. Omeruo should be looking to cut out his lapses. If he does, he should be able to compete with the likes of Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rüdiger and Gary Cahill for a place in the Chelsea starting line-up.

Four years ago, we all thought that by now Omeruo would be a world class centreback like Keshi and Taribo but he kind of lost his way somehow. Now and again, he suffers lapses, like the way he let Messi fire that shot past him for Argentina's first goal.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gent look to sign Kenneth Omeruo from Chelsea

Post by oloye »

Get out of the slavery that is Chelsea, go out and make something of your career Kenneth. If after 5 years of the rollercoaster you are still not good enough to be given a number , then you are never going to be good enough for Chelsea. Go to where you are good enough and establish yourself.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Belgian side Gent look to prise Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo away from Chelsea - See more at: https://goo.gl/i4MwEr

Not sure this is a positive move. Omeruo should be looking to cut out his lapses. If he does, he should be able to compete with the likes of Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rüdiger and Gary Cahill for a place in the Chelsea starting line-up.

Four years ago, we all thought that by now Omeruo would be a world class centreback like Keshi and Taribo but he kind of lost his way somehow. Now and again, he suffers lapses, like the way he let Messi fire that shot past him for Argentina's first goal.

I told you, you are just a english expat. There are other places where he can make it apart from England, Gent is a top club in Belgium and i believe that was the club where Ndidi learnt his trade.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

This is great news. Consistency and concentration are Omeruo's major lapses. In his first season on loan at Middlesborough, he blew the fans away. The next season, they wondered where the Omeruo of the first season had gone!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

osita wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Belgian side Gent look to prise Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo away from Chelsea - See more at: https://goo.gl/i4MwEr

I told you, you are just a english expat. There are other places where he can make it apart from England, Gent is a top club in Belgium and i believe that was the club where Ndidi learnt his trade.
Leaving Chelsea to Gent is a massive step backwards. It is not as if he is going to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter Milan or Bayern Munich.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He's been playing in Turkey for the past, how isn't this a positive move?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kalani JR wrote:He's been playing in Turkey for the past, how isn't this a positive move?
Turkey to Belgium is not improvement. At best, it is a sideways move. He should be attracting the likes of PSG at this stage of his career.
donzopia
Egg
Egg

Post by donzopia »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
kalani JR wrote:He's been playing in Turkey for the past, how isn't this a positive move?
Turkey to Belgium is not improvement. At best, it is a sideways move. He should be attracting the likes of PSG at this stage of his career.
Quite easy to sit on the sidelines and judge, Sir.

Were you attracting the likes of BBC and CNN at that stage of your career? All fingers were not created equally. Hope for the best, but still be supportive.

Have a blessed day.
FM 2020
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I agree with the nay sayers on this one. Stay in the Chelsea system. Something better than Gent is bound to come up sooner or later :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Unproven 24 year oldswith erratic playing histories do not waltz into one of the top five club sides in the world. He's played for five sides in six seasons, none of which were the club that he was contracted to. He should be looking for a mid-level team that can offer him stability, playing time, and the opportunity to grow. Gent would be a sideways move in terms of league quality (though Gent overall is probably better than Kasimpasa), but positive for his career.

I haven't seen any indication that this is finalized anyway, so I'm sure there are other options on the table. I' d be surprised if the likes of Fenerbache are not interested given his quality performances for a lesser side in that league.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I agree with the nay sayers on this one. Stay in the Chelsea system. Something better than Gent is bound to come up sooner or later :!:

Cheers.
There is nothing waiting for him in the Chelsea system other than a wage packet. That stage of his career needs to end, so he can play at a club that cares about his future and development.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Along with fake news, ayo just copies news from owngoal and publishes it on his own websites. he steals the speculation from owngoal
Belgium top division side Gent have identified Chelsea Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo as their prime target in defence ahead of the start of next season ‎, where they will campaign in the Europa League
and converts it to a definite news on his own website
SUPER Eagles centreback Kenneth Omeruo could be on his way out of Chelsea and off to Belgium after Jupiler League side Gent identified him as a player they for the forthcoming season as the team prepares for the Europa League

Surely the mods won't keep quiet about this sort of thing. fake stolen news
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I agree with the nay sayers on this one. Stay in the Chelsea system. Something better than Gent is bound to come up sooner or later :!:

Cheers.
The big clubs are just being greedy, they are not interested in these players. If you keep a player for over 5 years and he is already 24, the most likely end result of such a player is that he will be cut loose.
I don't know the details of these loan deals, but something tells me it affects the players psychologically in some ways. A player tend to feel he is just a part member of the team he is serving out his loan, he cannot help but feel, heck their problem is not my problem, whatever happens here , i have a club to go back to. Often it has been reported that the attitude of the players sucks.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

olumide wrote:

Cheers.
There is nothing waiting for him in the Chelsea system other than a wage packet. That stage of his career needs to end, so he can play at a club that cares about his future and development.
If you’re going to leave the premier league, you should shoot for another top league like ligue 1 or serie A. Belgium is more than a step down. Better off just going on loan :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

donzopia wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Quite easy to sit on the sidelines and judge, Sir.

Were you attracting the likes of BBC and CNN at that stage of your career? All fingers were not created equally. Hope for the best, but still be supportive.

Have a blessed day.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.
There is nothing waiting for him in the Chelsea system other than a wage packet. That stage of his career needs to end, so he can play at a club that cares about his future and development.[/quote]

If you’re going to leave the premier league, you should shoot for another top league like ligue 1 or serie A. Belgium is more than a step down. Better off just going on loan :!:

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

all of you commenting and believing these fake news are hum olodos
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

why are so many Nigerianese players moving in the wrong direction
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cheers.
Staying at Chelsea is hurting him. He's never going to play a game much less contribute to their first team, so everything he's up for is a series of loans to teams that do not have a long term interest in him so therefore won't give him much consideration when it comes to playing time.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

folks...can we just do a Gofundme for AyoAkinfe's crack treatment? :sneaky: who's in? :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
hey...psst..bros..if U wan make we drive am to PSG make dem sign am @ Gunpoint I'll drive....but I aint coming in..if I hear pim or U no come out at the agreed time I'm pulling off! :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Daluoooo Chineke.

Abeg o. Let this materialise o.

Omuero should be established by now. No kidding. Chap is good enough. Haba!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

On second thoughts - Nothing from major transfer news outlets so I'm just going to ignore this for now.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051