World Cup U.S. TV Ratings Drop

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
World Cup U.S. TV Ratings Drop

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/8541804 ... -drop.html

when you have fox running things, what do you expect... the entire production has been a hige failure..ESPN was so much better
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: World Cup U.S. TV Ratings Drop

Post by Ugbowo »

They should add online streaming tallies.

I can count how many games I've seen on TV.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Less to do with Fox and more to do with no US participation in the tournament.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:Less to do with Fox and more to do with no US participation in the tournament.
rubbish..jnr I have come to realize you aren't sharp at all. i doubt you saw the numbers.. from 3.5 million to 2.3 million are the numbers, but you went with the flow , oh US participation. Try again
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

kalani JR wrote:Less to do with Fox and more to do with no US participation in the tournament.
I agree with that
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
rubbish..jnr I have come to realize you aren't sharp at all. i doubt you saw the numbers.. from 3.5 million to 2.3 million are the numbers, but you went with the flow , oh US participation. Try again
It's that and the earlier kickoffs. Since when did studios coverage affect people deciding to watch live sports.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
It's that and the earlier kickoffs. Since when did studios coverage affect people deciding to watch live sports.
Look the production and inexperience of FOX are part of the issues with the very low numbers . People don't like FOX and do believe it's a negative corp.. I assure you if NBCSN or ESPN were covering these events ... hmmm the numbers would be so much different . Also the Espanyol channels are still having high numbers..so what gives..oops we have Lalas, rubbish analyst and clueless folks allover the airwaves..they had to draft in Kate Abdo to help spike up the ratings
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Look the production and inexperience of FOX are part of the issues with the very low numbers . People don't like FOX and do believe it's a negative corp.. I assure you if NBCSN or ESPN were covering these events ... hmmm the numbers would be so much different . Also the Espanyol channels are still having high numbers..so what gives..oops we have Lalas, rubbish analyst and clueless folks allover the airwaves..they had to draft in Kate Abdo to help spike up the ratings
Ratings are down for the Spanish language channels.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
no they are not
SuperEagles

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

The host is Russia, so go figure!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
no they are not
Dude sometimes it's better to not say anything if you're not sure about something.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/so ... story.html
The drop is consistent across English-language broadcasts on Fox and the Spanish-language broadcasts on NBCUniversal’s Telemundo. Games on Fox have averaged 1.98 million viewers, compared with 3.55 million on ESPN in 2014. Telemundo’s games have drawn an average audience of 1.87 million viewers, down from 3.3 million on Univision four years ago.

So what's the excuse for Telemundo? Are you going to say it's because they are inexperienced in production and coverage of a major sporting event?
FOX aren't inexperienced when it comes to covering live sports or even football/soccer in particular. Neither are Telemundo.
If you don't think the absence of the USA team and the early kickoffs affect the ratings immensely then you might not understand how live sports and ratings work in America. Kalani is right.

--------------------------------------------
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
I believe its a collection of things. Fox ineptitude in covering this football event, fox's reputation, USA teams none- participation, timezone even the fact that its in Russia and US citizens are Russian haters. loool.

But we cant accurately get or guess what weight each one carries percentage wise
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
no they are not
Dude sometimes it's better to not say anything if you're not sure about something.

The drop is consistent across English-language broadcasts on Fox and the Spanish-language broadcasts on NBCUniversal’s Telemundo. Games on Fox have averaged 1.98 million viewers, compared with 3.55 million on ESPN in 2014. Telemundo’s games have drawn an average audience of 1.87 million viewers, down from 3.3 million on Univision four years ago.

So what's the excuse for Telemundo? Are you going to say it's because they are inexperienced in production and coverage of a major sporting event?
FOX aren't inexperienced when it comes to covering live sports or even football/soccer in particular. Neither are Telemundo.
If you don't think the absence of the USA team and the early kickoffs affect the ratings immensely then you might not understand how live sports and ratings work in America. Kalani is right.
daft illiterate ..telemundo is the spanish version of fox..univison carried the WC last time..my goodness some of you lack critical thinking
SuperEagles

2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Not sure all the blame is on Fox Sports alone

Yes ESPN is a much better option agreed

The ratings you are using is American influenced so you have to also factor since the USA men national team did not qualify, most casual Americans will not tune in for the group games , maybe the finals
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
F360 wrote: Dude sometimes it's better to not say anything if you're not sure about something.

daft illiterate ..telemundo is the spanish version of fox..univison carried the WC last time..my goodness some of you lack critical thinking
At your age aren't you embarrassed to be this unintelligent? Seriously no shame I see.

1. Telemundo has no relationship to/with FOX. They are owned by NBC Universal/Comcast.
2. No sh.t Univision had the WC last time...SAME AS ESPN. The comparison YOU began was FOX ratings now to ESPN's in 2014. So Telemundo's ratings now compared to Univision in 2014. The ratings are down on both networks. So what's the reason for Telemundo's low ratings? Their inexperience covering a major event? Or will you stop being a dunce and realize there are more important factors at play.

Do you still need me to explain it to you again like you're a 5 year old or did you u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d those big words in the sentences above? Stupidity is a terrible disease.

--------------------------------------------
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

2drama wrote:Not sure all the blame is on Fox Sports alone

The ratings you are using is American influenced so you have to also factor since the USA men national team did not qualify, most casual Americans will not tune in for the group games , maybe the finals
1. Fox commentators aren't good enough relative to requirements.
2. No team USA is a massive loss ratings and advertising wise. The average American isn't a 'soccer' fan and only cares about team USA.
3. Early kickoff is bad for ratings.
4. America doesn't have a football culture. The sports is still alien to the average American.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

green4life wrote:

2. No team USA is a massive loss ratings and advertising wise. The average American isn't a 'soccer' fan and only cares about team USA.
4. America doesn't have a football culture. The sports is still alien to the average American.
KPOM
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Croatia Win Over Russia Explodes World Cup Viewership; Best Since 1990

Actually, breaking the 2018 record established by Croatia’s July 1 victory in penalties over Denmark, the Russian loss to the Luka Modric lead team scored a whooping 5.0/13 in metered market ratings. Not only is that now the best result of the 2018 World Cup for the Rupert Murdoch owned outlet in the early metrics but it is also the best any Men’s match has done on any American network since the 2014 FIFA tournament’s Germany winning final.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/world-cup- ... 1202422763
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

kolinzo wrote:The host is Russia, so go figure!
You are very right something some here don't understand. US is trying to sideline the Russia world cup and it is back firing because it was rated as one of the best workcups ever.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

green4life wrote:

Thank you Skupe :thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

F360 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
F360 wrote: Dude sometimes it's better to not say anything if you're not sure about something.

At your age aren't you embarrassed to be this unintelligent? Seriously no shame I see.

1. Telemundo has no relationship to/with FOX. They are owned by NBC Universal/Comcast.
2. No sh.t Univision had the WC last time...SAME AS ESPN. The comparison YOU began was FOX ratings now to ESPN's in 2014. So Telemundo's ratings now compared to Univision in 2014. The ratings are down on both networks. So what's the reason for Telemundo's low ratings? Their inexperience covering a major event? Or will you stop being a dunce and realize there are more important factors at play.

Do you still need me to explain it to you again like you're a 5 year old or did you u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d those big words in the sentences above? Stupidity is a terrible disease.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No be me tok-am oo! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Ugbowo wrote:They should add online streaming tallies.

I can count how many games I've seen on TV.
They do via fox sports.com or through the fox sports app. I have watched most of the games on the app especially when I am at work or when I am commuting
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009