Enyimba Stadium renovation almost complete

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Enyimba Stadium renovation almost complete

Post by bully12 »

If this is renovation I wonder what it used to be.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I applaud the renovation work but I would have thought the two-time CAF champions league winners deserve a better stadium. The playing surface looks good though.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Build new stances, food court and other amenities that will encourage families to come to the stadium. The fans should be closer to the pitch. Get rid of the pillars blocking the view of thespectators.

They have no common sense. Also develop the surrounding environment.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:Build new stances, food court and other amenities that will encourages families to come to stadium. The fans should be closer to pitch. Get rid of the pillars blocking the view of spectators. I

They have no common sense. Also develop the surrounding environment.
Please go and build one first.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bully12 wrote:If this is renovation I wonder what it used to be.
I'm sure you have Google.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

DIMKA76 wrote:
oloye wrote:Una too complain, some of us who played on that field when it was doubling as a grazing site/ horse racing course and a lagoon during raining season can only look on with admiration. How i wish that was the state of the pitch during my playing days. That edifice has come a long way, kudos to the people of Abia state, Eyimba and all who made this to happen.

The reason why we hardly appreciate anything i believe has to do with lack of regards for history. That edifice has history behind it and those who have been close to that history will appreciate how far the edifice has come. I listened to Anyasi heap praises on the governor, one can understand where he was coming from, he probably grew up in Aba and knew the history of grazing dump turned around.
Omo we can't make mediocrity the acceptable standard. This is part of why in Africa, infrastructure has very poor quality.
I believe in the natural order of leaning to walk before running and jumping. Why build one of them shiny pieces that would fall apart from lack of maintenance? I mean go over to Abuja. There is nothing mediocre when you know your limitations, like i said some of us did not just wake up one morning to see this stadium, we know what it used to be and we are able to appreciate the journey it has taken to get to where it s today. Egbon e ma binu! :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

AFC Fylde in the National league (old school non-league/conference) recently completed renovation too. Is the Nigerian Premier League comparable to the English non-league/fourth tier? Mill Farm is a good example of the progressive mentality and upward ambition. Unfortunately can post a picture at present, would one of the dab hands be able to post a picture of Mill Farm AFC Fylde for comparison. Presumably, the no -league is the standard the Nigerian premier league should be meeting, as far as new architectural endeavours.

Is there much difference between the two?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

oloye wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
oloye wrote:Una too complain, some of us who played on that field when it was doubling as a grazing site/ horse racing course and a lagoon during raining season can only look on with admiration. How i wish that was the state of the pitch during my playing days. That edifice has come a long way, kudos to the people of Abia state, Eyimba and all who made this to happen.

The reason why we hardly appreciate anything i believe has to do with lack of regards for history. That edifice has history behind it and those who have been close to that history will appreciate how far the edifice has come. I listened to Anyasi heap praises on the governor, one can understand where he was coming from, he probably grew up in Aba and knew the history of grazing dump turned around.
Omo we can't make mediocrity the acceptable standard. This is part of why in Africa, infrastructure has very poor quality.
I believe in the natural order of leaning to walk before running and jumping. Why build one of them shiny pieces that would fall apart from lack of maintenance? I mean go over to Abuja. There is nothing mediocre when you know your limitations, like i said some of us did not just wake up one morning to see this stadium, we know what it used to be and we are able to appreciate the journey it has taken to get to where it s today. Egbon e ma binu! :D
Sorry I take a different view . Nigeria is not cut off from the rest of world therefore renovating this stadium to a good standard is not beyond them. The stadium the Eagles have been playing warm up matches in London the Bee Hive is a very small stadium but is it modern and built with a good design. You can sugar coat it as much as you like but this Eymimba stadium is ugly and reveals the level the management of the club are at to have accepted Such a poor upgrade.

Take for example renovating a old building eg family house made out of straw with no indoor plumbing no electricity and primitive windows and roof. Simply installing new windows and,doors is what the management of this stadium have done.
Last edited by Flex Swift on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

For one who doesn’t know much of the NPL, a bit of perspective. Are Enyimba a big club in Nigeria? Are they the equivalent of an AFC Fylde for instance, fourth tier, small Lancashire country bumpkin outfit?
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

What a big pity, after 3 years of Enyimba playing in Calabar and Portharcourt, this is all that can be delivered by the government (Enyimba) - all the wasted time; Nigeria's most accomplished football team - No fore sight by the state government

hmmnn... :atc: :(
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

aruako1 wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:@aruako1 certainly not and in most cases a collective resolve is what drives change. Now look at this stadium. They had the opportunity to refurbish it to an acceptable standard. They've gone for the worst option available. Even the turf is poorly laid. It my look ok from a distance but a closer look and you can see the flaws.
Forgive me but I have only seen a vast improvement from what we had before. I am an Enyimba fan and I have been there several times.
TWO SIMPLE CHANGES TO IMPROVE THINGS

1) Remove all those ugly columns in front of the stand that are supporting the roof
2) Install quality seats

As others have said, Nigerians seem to ask: show me the world standard and I'll settle for three notches below. That kind of attitude needs to change.
Bell
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

oloye wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:

Let's accept your assertions for one sec, Now how much did it take to "refurbish" this stadium? Which companies tendered for the contract? What was the spec requested by the proprietor? Has the job done so far been passed off as satisfactory?

yes learning to walk I agree but hang on how old is this club? have they received any revenue from the sale of players overseas? What did they do with the revenue? Did they pay it directly to shareholders? Have they set any developmental priorities for the club? Do they have any longterm plan to develop the ground?

What other revenue streams apart from the usual sources have they developed?

I find it hard to make excuses for the shoddy job. This club is not new on the scene. I would hate to see what the toilets in such a stadium look like.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

Look at all these morons, if you don't like the stadium don't come there ungrateful arse holes!! :mad: Which other stadium in the zoo has hosted two African club championships winner? That stadium has produced great players unrivalled by any other, Mike Emenalo, Ben Iroha, Uche Okechujwu, etc. Bloody ingrates. :-x
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It's not a well-designed stadium, no matter how angry Dr Sabinus becomes. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:Look at all these morons, if you don't like the stadium don't come there ungrateful arse holes!! :mad: Which other stadium in the zoo has hosted two African club championships winner? That stadium has produced great players unrivalled by any other, Mike Emenalo, Ben Iroha, Uche Okechujwu, etc. Bloody ingrates. :-x
That doesn’t mean anything; and to quote Obama - the US Army also use to have Horses for transportation and bayonets but this is 2018, dude!! Get real
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:Look at all these morons, if you don't like the stadium don't come there ungrateful arse holes!! :mad: Which other stadium in the zoo has hosted two African club championships winner? That stadium has produced great players unrivalled by any other, Mike Emenalo, Ben Iroha, Uche Okechujwu, etc. Bloody ingrates. :-x

dude please :arrow: :lol:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Nuff said. Nigerians are just terrible. Tufiakwa. Professional complainers. They sit behind their phones and computers and just whine and whine over everything.

Credit to the governor and whoever facilitated this renovation jare. More of this, please!

Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium in Enugu is now derelict. They should take a cue from.the guys at Aba.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:It's not a well-designed stadium, no matter how angry Dr Sabinus becomes. :D
Go build your own deick head.
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote:
That doesn’t mean anything; and to quote Obama - the US Army also use to have Horses for transportation and bayonets but this is 2018, dude!! Get real
Okay that stadium is better than anything in your neighborhood.
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote:

dude please :arrow: :lol:
Hush it already.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Typical example of crying more than the bereaved. We Enyimba fans are happy. That is all that matters. If they dont like our stafium they can focus on Shooting and Rangers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:It's not a well-designed stadium, no matter how angry Dr Sabinus becomes. :D
Go build your own deick head.
:lol: :lol: Why are you so angry? :D

Do you live in the latrine of this stadium? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dr Sabinus and co can't handle constructive criticism.

That stadium is ugly, the only thing good about it now is the pitch.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx