Enyimba Stadium renovation almost complete

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enyimba Stadium renovation almost complete

Post by truetalk »

oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Enyimba Stadium renovation almost complete

Post by oyek »

Apart from the playing surface, is that the stands they want to maintain?
Common Eyimba you deserve better.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oyek wrote:Apart from the playing surface, is that the stands they want to maintain?
Common Eyimba you deserve better.
There are some new stands behind the Goal posts. Enyimba is making steady progress.

Rome was not built in a day and having Felix Anyasi Agwu as Chairman for almost 2 decades has helped with stability and made them remain competitive.

Next step will be to take them off Government dependence.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Choi men what is this? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I certainly know a crude stadium when I see one. :shock:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Why do Nigerians like elaborate, ugly structures?

demolish and rebuild simple stands like you see in EPL..
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like a bad fan experience to me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Well done to the People's Elephant
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Una too complain, some of us who played on that field when it was doubling as a grazing site/ horse racing course and a lagoon during raining season can only look on with admiration. How i wish that was the state of the pitch during my playing days. That edifice has come a long way, kudos to the people of Abia state, Eyimba and all who made this to happen.

The reason why we hardly appreciate anything i believe has to do with lack of regards for history. That edifice has history behind it and those who have been close to that history will appreciate how far the edifice has come. I listened to Anyasi heap praises on the governor, one can understand where he was coming from, he probably grew up in Aba and knew the history of grazing dump turned around.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Pillars in stadiums are so early 20th Century,that’s not a renovation it’s just a new coat of paint and a jet wash! :rotf:But the playing surface looks great.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

oloye wrote:Una too complain, some of us who played on that field when it was doubling as a grazing site/ horse racing course and a lagoon during raining season can only look on with admiration. How i wish that was the state of the pitch during my playing days. That edifice has come a long way, kudos to the people of Abia state, Eyimba and all who made this to happen.

The reason why we hardly appreciate anything i believe has to do with lack of regards for history. That edifice has history behind it and those who have been close to that history will appreciate how far the edifice has come. I listened to Anyasi heap praises on the governor, one can understand where he was coming from, he probably grew up in Aba and knew the history of grazing dump turned around.
EDIFI what ?
Abeg if you want to see an edifice head to morocco or Egypt. We don't even have a single stadium in Nigeria that qualifies as an edifice. not even Abuja talk less Uyo
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I did not expect anything better. Aba made! Always. Tufia! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Have Nigeria ever applied to host a World Cup...With stadium renovations aplenty, would it be worth an application, to give these brand new stands an international audience.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Igugu wrote:
I did not expect anything better. Aba made! Always. Tufia! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

DIMKA76 wrote:Choi men what is this? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I certainly know a crude stadium when I see one. :shock:

lmao

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: man down
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Whats wrong with it, all enclosed, side stands closet the pitch, decent surface...
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Coach wrote:Whats wrong with it, all enclosed, side stands closet the pitch, decent surface...
Don't mind them. OUR stadium looks fine to me. Good team and healthy crowd for games too. It is no Emirates but it will do for us.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The stadium doesn’t look beautiful however the playing surface looks good if they can maintain the field no excuses for the team not to play good football.

I have come to accept that not all Nigerians are with us in the current century therefore what is acceptable to them is not acceptable to ...........rest of us
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:Whats wrong with it, all enclosed, side stands closet the pitch, decent surface...
Bad fan experience.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

oloye wrote:Una too complain, some of us who played on that field when it was doubling as a grazing site/ horse racing course and a lagoon during raining season can only look on with admiration. How i wish that was the state of the pitch during my playing days. That edifice has come a long way, kudos to the people of Abia state, Eyimba and all who made this to happen.

Omo we can't make mediocrity the acceptable standard. This is part of why in Africa, infrastructure has very poor quality.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

DIMKA76 wrote:

Omo we can't make mediocrity the acceptable standard. This is part of why in Africa, infrastructure has very poor quality.
You accept politicians who steal from you, you accept widespread poverty and hunger, you accept wanton violence but you claim that mediocrity is not acceptable in Nigeria? Nigeria would do well to get to mediocre levels given the state that it is in right now.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

@aruako1 certainly not and in most cases a collective resolve is what drives change. Now look at this stadium. They had the opportunity to refurbish it to an acceptable standard. They've gone for the worst option available. Even the turf is poorly laid. It my look ok from a distance but a closer look and you can see the flaws.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So for almost 2 plus seasons, the renovation was all about the playing surface? The stadium looks horrible. The stands looks so dirty and out of sync
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

DIMKA76 wrote:@aruako1 certainly not and in most cases a collective resolve is what drives change. Now look at this stadium. They had the opportunity to refurbish it to an acceptable standard. They've gone for the worst option available. Even the turf is poorly laid. It my look ok from a distance but a closer look and you can see the flaws.
Forgive me but I have only seen a vast improvement from what we had before. I am an Enyimba fan and I have been there several times.