Super Eagles : To Aspire Beyond The Conventional

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

One thing was clear, it was not for a lack heart,

No, Those boys sweat and went at it with everything giving their all

Like a chess game Sampaoli made his move, the only one he could make, throwing on fresh attack minded players to seek the goal that would ensure his side qualified

The onus fell on Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr for counter measures , to make a move to negate the offensive onslaught from Argentina . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/super-eag ... ventional/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Eagles : To Aspire Beyond The Conventional

Post by 1naija »

Move on!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote:Move on!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It still hurts? :twisted:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s painful and in the past,we will meet them again but next time no excuses!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Easy to say because the man from this same neck of the wood hired the dense, feckless, incompetent, clueless and useless coach. Did you see how he was standing on sideline looking a moron he really is. We can not move on until the wrong is corrected
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

By the next world cup, Messi will have retired but i can bet my life, there will be another emergence of an Argentine superstar who will come to the world cup to torture Nigeria again

From Maradona, Batistuta, Pablo Aimar, Ortega, Veron, Heinz, Rojo, Messi, Lopez, one thing they can all tell their children and grans kids is at one point , they have tortured the Nigerian team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

marko wrote:By the next world cup, Messi will have retired but i can bet my life, there will be another emergence of an Argentine superstar who will come to the world cup to torture Nigeria again

From Maradona, Batistuta, Pablo Aimar, Ortega, Veron, Heinz, Rojo, Messi, Lopez, one thing they can all tell their children and grans kids is at one point , they have tortured the Nigerian team
Invariably this the best opportunity for us have a victory unfortunately the clueless one bungled it.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:It’s painful and in the past,we will meet them again but next time no excuses!
Hmm, I disagree with you - bro! How many times have we said such a thing and at the end, it still comes out the same - LOSS?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote:By the next world cup, Messi will have retired but i can bet my life, there will be another emergence of an Argentine superstar who will come to the world cup to torture Nigeria again

I say I have heard of, "we will beat them (Argentina) next time", so many times I can comfortably say more than 100 times and to date, we have done nothing. As things stand, anytime Argentina is playing us, they are guaranteed a win (three points). :curse: :curse:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Odas wrote:

I say I have heard of, "we will beat them (Argentina) next time", so many times I can comfortably say more than 100 times and to date, we have done nothing. As things stand, anytime Argentina is playing us, they are guaranteed a win (three points). :curse: :curse:
Not true. We have had two emphatic wins, albeit in friendlies and a 0:0 draw back in the 1995 Confed Cup.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Friendlies means nothing, why did Nigeria not attack Argentina like they did at that friendly? They would have beaten them or at least got a draw
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bully12 wrote:
Easy to say because the man from this same neck of the wood hired the dense, feckless, incompetent, clueless and useless coach. Did you see how he was standing on sideline looking a moron he really is. We can not move on until the wrong is corrected
:rotf: :rotf: The 4 feet pot belle bambully has gone raving mad. You better stop wasting time here and rush to safari to secure the corner table to ejaculate at before your fellow metro bus drivers occupy it o.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Pavarotti wrote:Super Eagles : To Aspire Beyond The Conventional

One thing was clear, it was not for a lack heart,

No, Those boys sweat and went at it with everything giving their all

Like a chess game Sampaoli made his move, the only one he could make, throwing on fresh attack minded players to seek the goal that would ensure his side qualified

The onus fell on Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr for counter measures , to make a move to negate the offensive onslaught from Argentina . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/super-eag ... ventional/
:clap: :clap: :clap: Soccer Assembly hit the nail on the head. Rohr has given all he can. Based on his antecedents, he over-achieved. Due credit must be given for his organization (especially defensively), man management, and ability to convince our Diaspora Nigerians to switch nationality for the cause. Now, we need to upgrade, or get a manager that understands our players, our system and our culture. I have a couple of Nigerian candidates in mind. We could also go foreign if we have to, but it just has to be someone more savvy than Rohr. Failing unprecedented support he got points to a needed change.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Moving on without doing a complete analysis of what went on and how things could be improved upon is one of the reasons we keep falling to Argentina or South American opposition when it matters.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

They left themselves with a Sisyphean task the day they decided to go sight seeing vs Croatia. Lose the first game at the Mundial and it’s uphill for most from their onwards.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Rohr said Nigeria was at the world cup to learn. This wasn't true. After 5 appearance if you can't learn, you have no business there. It was Rohr who was there to learn not the collective Nigeria. Lesson - Rohr's remit was to qualify, Nigeria's was to reach the 2nd round. Get a more ambitious coach.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

DIMKA76 wrote:Rohr said Nigeria was at the world cup to learn. This wasn't true. After 5 appearance if you can't learn, you have no business there. It was Rohr who was there to learn not the collective Nigeria. Lesson - Rohr's remit was to qualify, Nigeria's was to reach the 2nd round. Get a more ambitious coach.
...And Dimka summarizes our situation with aplomb! :clap:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

DIMKA76 wrote:Rohr said Nigeria was at the world cup to learn. This wasn't true. After 5 appearance if you can't learn, you have no business there. It was Rohr who was there to learn not the collective Nigeria. Lesson - Rohr's remit was to qualify, Nigeria's was to reach the 2nd round. Get a more ambitious coach.
:clap: :agree: :agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

He was talking as if it was our first ever WC. Nigeria were one of this tournament's biggest disappointments.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:It’s painful and in the past,we will meet them again but next time no excuses!
Hmm, I disagree with you - bro! How many times have we said such a thing and at the end, it still comes out the same - LOSS?
Well you must always believe,if you keep on punching me in the face trust me I’m going to believe when I see you again I’m going to kick your head off and I’ll attempt such an act with ample experience that even if I fail the move will leave you with a face lift well that’s just me I’ll inflict enough damage win or lose you’ll hate me!Intent should never die no matter the result!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
Moving on without doing a complete analysis of what went on and how things could be improved upon is one of the reasons we keep falling to Argentina or South American opposition when it matters.
No it is not! Baseless analysis by people who have no idea what they are analyzing won't yield any result. I want to hear from those that have coached and succeeded with what they are talking about, not those analyzing from their couches or beer parlour.