[WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 FT

Post by maceo4 »

King Futcha wrote:
He hustled tho like a good defensive striker lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Kai, even Fred scored in 2014.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Kai, even Fred scored in 2014.
That is why they are going home.
How he is even a starter for brazil is shocking.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:boo: :boo:

that trick of the attacking player sticking a foot to con the ref for a foul.
not good

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

man the internet is cruel but hilarious

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

THE Big Fella

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tfco wrote::boo: :boo:

that trick of the attacking player sticking a foot to con the ref for a foul.
not good

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Deserved a YC.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

This game was about tactics , mistakes and luck.

The Tactics > mistakes > luck...

I argued with a friend who wanted Martinez should start Fella and Witsel that Fella will tire out ...I was wrong ( although Chadli in that Midfield with Fella and Wistel ) was a masterstroke :clap: :clap: :clap:

Benching Carrasco , Merteens and Dembele ..was big ...Martinez sabi game .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:
Costa couldn't have started, he wasn't fit. Firminho however, that remains a mystery. Why?
Because Tite is a brainless mugu. Why start a 5 ft 8 in 21 year old as your CF, a kid who really has no imagination, no leaping ability, no trickery, when you have 5ft 11 ever clever Firmino who can cause all kinds of problems for defenders? It's no mystery my friend, it is a shortage of grey matter. :mad:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

This game came down to tactics and luck. Martinez made some great moves such as having Lukaku and Hazard on the wings and KDB in the middle. Brazil had no answer for them in the first half. The luck component was illustrated by the number of sitters that Brazil missed. Thiago Silva wasted a tap in during the 1st half while Coutinho wasted a great one in the 2nd half.

Brazil's main issue is not tactics but lack of talent. They don't stack up with the likes of Belgium, France, Argentina, etc in talent and do not have a single WPOY even though they had 3-4 at a given time over the last few decades.

I hope Belgium go all the way but they need to fix their tactics. I've yet to see them put in a strong 90 minutes vs anyone tough in their tournament.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Brazil outplayed Belgium and were unlucky.

The own goal changed the game. Brazil had to attack. Belgium hit them on the counter for the 2nd goal.

Brazil dominated the 2nd half, several missed opportunities to tie and win the game.

Penalty not given, Coutino, Jesus, Firminho, Neymar all missed glaring chances in the 2nd half. The Renato Agusto miss was incredible.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Heliopolis wrote:This game came down to tactics and luck. Martinez made some great moves such as having Lukaku and Hazard on the wings and KDB in the middle. Brazil had no answer for them in the first half. The luck component was illustrated by the number of sitters that Brazil missed. Thiago Silva wasted a tap in during the 1st half while Coutinho wasted a great one in the 2nd half.

Brazil's main issue is not tactics but lack of talent. They don't stack up with the likes of Belgium, France, Argentina, etc in talent and do not have a single WPOY even though they had 3-4 at a given time over the last few decades.

I hope Belgium go all the way but they need to fix their tactics. I've yet to see them put in a strong 90 minutes vs anyone tough in their tournament.
Brazil wasn't lacking talent in any way and outplayed Belgium. Their problem was poor finishing plus Cortouis being in top draw form on the day. Cortouis is usually good enough for the job but doesn't always give you his world class stuff but when he's in the mood it can be a long day for the opposition. That said on another day, coutinho curls it in as he's done many times at Liverpool ; Auguso scores the one laid on a plate plus many other chances that weren't converted. Brazil will look back at this one with regrets as I don't feel like the best team won.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Belgium played the game of their life but let's keep things in perspective; one Belgian goal was an own goal, Brazil hit the post in the first half, and Courtois pulled off three saves that took all of his 6ft 13in frame to stop. This is without counting the outright misses, blocks, etc.

As for Neymar, the composure behind and placement of the 93rd minute shot that Courtois tipped over was nothing short of incredible. When he hit the ball I saw a ripple of white light open up in the sky and heard the sound of angels warming up. On any other day that would have been the goal of the tournament, Belgium would have been deflated, the girls from Ipanema to Iguatemi would have been dancing all night in the streets,.....but today it was not to be. Belgium had the infinity gauntlet, the heavens closed, up and the angels were told to zip it.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Heliopolis wrote:This game came down to tactics and luck. Martinez made some great moves such as having Lukaku and Hazard on the wings and KDB in the middle. Brazil had no answer for them in the first half. The luck component was illustrated by the number of sitters that Brazil missed. Thiago Silva wasted a tap in during the 1st half while Coutinho wasted a great one in the 2nd half.

I started off supporting Belgium to win but I had to admit that Brazil were the better side. They were unlucky to concede two early goals and failed to recover even though they dominated the game and created more chances. Towards the end Belgium were totally exhausted and could barely keep up with Brazil. That's what a good team does to you. I was saying during that match that if Brazil were to equalize, this side would have gone on to win the whole thing. Brazil were very unlucky on the night and also had a legit penalty denied (as the replay confirmed). All the pundits in the BBC studio said it was a penalty. This Brazil team will thrash Argentina 3-0 (just as Croatia did) so I'm not sure what you're on about regarding having less talent than Argentina.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Was a game of 2 halves, Belgium were the better team in the 1st half and looked more likely to score, dont think Brazil defence has been tested well by the other teams they faced, there were definitely glaring holes in their defence, everyone talks about unlucky, if Hazard was a little bit unselfish, they would have created even more goal scoring opportunities as well, Hazard, Lukaku and Dubryne were more than a handful for the brazil defence, they could not cope with their pace and trickery, yes Brazil missed a host of chances but they have not impressed me throughout this tournament
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well I said it after the Japan game. The only way Belgium could compete was if De Bryne was played in a more attacking role and somebody who is more defensive play along WItsel. It also helped having a more disciplined Chadli.

That said Brazil were damn unlucky in my book. Fernandinho decides to have one of his worst games, Cortoius remembers he is a 6'6 blanket and the ball just never rolls for Brazil. Real hard luck!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

In my opinion, Brazil deserved two penalties. The challenge on Gabriel and even the Neymar push. As far as i'm concerned, Munier impeded him by putting his hand in his face then pushing him. Honestly this VAR thing did not work well this WC.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:

Brazil wasn't lacking talent in any way and outplayed Belgium. Their problem was poor finishing plus Cortouis being in top draw form on the day. Cortouis is usually good enough for the job but doesn't always give you his world class stuff but when he's in the mood it can be a long day for the opposition. That said on another day, coutinho curls it in as he's done many times at Liverpool ; Auguso scores the one laid on a plate plus many other chances that weren't converted. Brazil will look back at this one with regrets as I don't feel like the best team won.
I wonder what people are talking about tactics this or that. Both team's tactics were spot on....but one team was efficient with the chances that came it's and even got the help of mother luck with one of its goals. While Brasil on the other hand spent the whole night throwing chances away. And when mother luck was needed for the penalty from Kompany, a certain ref was convinced it was one of those dives from Neymar's school of diving.

Those shouting tactics should please furnish us with the stats of the game :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Neymar getting a bad reputation so even if he was indeed fouled, the ref jas a right to play on because of his antics, where do brazil go from now? They should go back to the old brazil of the 80s, where were the through balls, defence splitting passes we have been used to? Brazil just plays like any European side
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Watched the 2H last night with no nerves
I'm always harsh on Neymar, but he had a very good half.

He created a chance for Coutinho and another which Firming 'almost' got to

Good to see the theatrics (diving) cut to a minimum when he's chasing a game

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I have to say I agree with this.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

watched this match again yesterday.
top top game, one of my WC games of the tourney.

Brazil really played ball. It was refreshing to see Neymar actually play football, sadly he and Coutinho misplaced quite a few passes
Meunier was all over the place, shame about his yc for the professional foul on Neymar

So many if's.
that foul by Kompany on Jesus
introducing Douglas Costa or Firmino earlier

anyway, this game sweet well well
next is Belgium v Japan

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

tfco wrote:watched this match again yesterday.
top top game, one of my WC games of the tourney.

Brazil really played ball. It was refreshing to see Neymar actually play football, sadly he and Coutinho misplaced quite a few passes
Meunier was all over the place, shame about his yc for the professional foul on Neymar

So many if's.
that foul by Kompany on Jesus
introducing Douglas Costa or Firmino earlier

anyway, this game sweet well well
next is Belgium v Japan

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
:atc: Had to delete dat wan from the DVR to make space for the final game, which dey one kind.

Wha choo looking at?!