[WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 FT

Post by anikulapo »

juventuss wrote:Douglas Costa suppose start if he was fit. The guy tormented Belgium

Same guy the all knowing Waffi called a headless chicken and preffered Walcrap to smh :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Even with the VAR, they still didn't give Brazil that obvious penalty.

So what is the point of VAR, if it doesn't correct calls?

Might as well get rid of it.
What obvious penalty?
The Kompany tackle on Jesus. It was obvious. That was a penalty.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

elerineye wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:How did Gabriel Jesus start ahead of Douglas Costa? Na wa o. Brazil shot themselves in the foot. They missed too many chances. Big up Belgium!! :thumbs:

This World Cup has been amazing.
Straight up madness.
But they are not playing the same role....it should be why Willain starts ahead of him, Costa has more tricks in his bags than Willain
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:Emery go beg Juve for Costa biko that is a baller right there.The only guy that came to play.
Chai if the big Fella did not rush and sign for Manu he will be one of the most paid free agent...
Still remember Waffis comments when I said Arsenal should get him three seasons ago ? Smh :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

France vs Belgium decides this WC.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Douglas Costa will look good at Arsenal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

The brazilian diver Neymar chickens have come home to roost with all his antics. Cry wolf too many times...
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 2H

Post by Kneedeep »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:When you miss so many chances ....you deserve to lose
Uncle why did not coach not start Costa?
Why did not coach allow Neyamr joking around?
You keep harping on the nonsense about why the coach did not start Costa.....Brasil created chances all night long...the only thing missing tonite was their inability to convert their chances. But of you want to continue to chase crickets, you have the whole night :lol:
The match was decided on chances taken. Brasil had over 6 clear chances ...I repeat over 6,if you want me to count them I will count them. There are some games you just raise your hands up and walk away.
Ignoring outright misses
Brazil - 9 shots on target, 3 saves
Belgium- 4 shots on target, 1/2 saves

It was not to be for Brazil, but Coutinho and Fernando should stay away to avoid stories that touch.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Hazard deserves two MOTMs for that display...not fluent in American football, for those who are, is it the running back who picks up the ball and makes yards for the team? Unbelievable performance from Eden.

@Mazi, as was said, Brasiere ain’t the tits, don’t let the names fool you. Oga Yoorope is in town. First Africa, now the Americas. Behold the 2018 World European Championships.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

elerineye wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:How did Gabriel Jesus start ahead of Douglas Costa? Na wa o. Brazil shot themselves in the foot. They missed too many chances. Big up Belgium!! :thumbs:

Straight up madness.
Jesus was not ready for the big stage yet. He should have been used as a sub until his confident was built
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Today, I become a Hazard fan. I used to think he was a poor man's Okocha.

You mean, a Billionaire's Okocha?
Haha. Our people only appreciate no end result entertainers. :taunt:
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

oloye wrote:
elerineye wrote:

Straight up madness.
But they are not playing the same role....it should be why Willain starts ahead of him, Costa has more tricks in his bags than Willain
Can we agree that Costa and Firminho should have started ahead of Willian and Gabriel Jesus? :lol:
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Why did Roberto Martinez make just 2 sub?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kneedeep wrote:
oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:When you miss so many chances ....you deserve to lose
Uncle why did not coach not start Costa?
Why did not coach allow Neyamr joking around?
You keep harping on the nonsense about why the coach did not start Costa.....Brasil created chances all night long...the only thing missing tonite was their inability to convert their chances. But of you want to continue to chase crickets, you have the whole night :lol:
The match was decided on chances taken. Brasil had over 6 clear chances ...I repeat over 6,if you want me to count them I will count them. There are some games you just raise your hands up and walk away.
Ignoring outright misses
Brazil - 9 shots on target, 3 saves
Belgium- 4 shots on target, 1/2 saves
Plus one legit penalty...but thanks to Neymar who cried wolf all night and when the real wolf showed up..no one bothered
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

VAR are only for small teams. By the way, Neymar’s past antics prevented him from getting the benefit of the doubt on key occasions... But, great kudos to Belgium on how the curtailed Coutinho launching those missles from the edge of the box. Fellaini was a beast today...
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

ohenhen1 wrote:Even with the VAR, they still didn't give Brazil that obvious penalty.

So what is the point of VAR, if it doesn't correct calls?

Might as well get rid of it.
Get over it. It wasn't a penalty. They lost the chess game. End of story!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Would have been a different outcome had the referee called the penalty by Vincent Kompany against Neymar.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

green4life wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Today, I become a Hazard fan. I used to think he was a poor man's Okocha.

You mean, a Billionaire's Okocha?
Haha. Our people only appreciate no end result entertainers. :taunt:
Keep silence with your sideways ness
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

cchinukw wrote:Would have been a different outcome had the referee called the penalty by Vincent Kompany against Neymar.
Woulda coulda shoulda.....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Thank God I prepared myself for this loss.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Apart from the unnecessary difficulties Neymar caused the Brazilians, the team was never used to being ruthless because of their penchance for showboating.

We're the Selecao a routinely ruthless team, they would have easily beaten Belgium even from 2-0 down. They had more than enough chances to turn the game around but ruthlessness wasn't part of their characters.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ekorian wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Would have been a different outcome had the referee called the penalty by Vincent Kompany against Neymar.
Woulda coulda shoulda.....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley