[WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

elerineye
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 FT

Post by elerineye »

oloye wrote:
elerineye wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:How did Gabriel Jesus start ahead of Douglas Costa? Na wa o. Brazil shot themselves in the foot. They missed too many chances. Big up Belgium!! :thumbs:

This World Cup has been amazing.
Straight up madness.
But they are not playing the same role....it should be why Willain starts ahead of him, Costa has more tricks in his bags than Willain
On a second thought, you are quite correct.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:Emery go beg Juve for Costa biko that is a baller right there.The only guy that came to play.
Chai if the big Fella did not rush and sign for Manu he will be one of the most paid free agent...
Still remember Waffis comments when I said Arsenal should get him three seasons ago ? Smh :rotf:
Aaagh never mind like you always say slow learner.
I remember someone also insult you when you bring his name and Nzonzi.
Uncle I wanted Ozil shine at this world cup and another r club come for his signature but the way this World cup expose Germany.Emery will have to make magic as no club will come and get some of our waste pipe.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:Emery go beg Juve for Costa biko that is a baller right there.The only guy that came to play.
Chai if the big Fella did not rush and sign for Manu he will be one of the most paid free agent...
Still remember Waffis comments when I said Arsenal should get him three seasons ago ? Smh :rotf:
Aaagh never mind like you always say slow learner.
I remember someone also insult you when you bring his name and Nzonzi.
Uncle I wanted Ozil shine at this world cup and another r club come for his signature but the way this World cup expose Germany.Emery will have to make magic as no club will come and get some of our waste pipe.

We all know them ... Always wrong and total football know nothings but ahhh nothing spoil :D we won’t allow them to escape this time :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:Douglas Costa suppose start if he was fit. The guy tormented Belgium

Same guy the all knowing Waffi called a headless chicken and preffered Walcrap to smh :rotf:
The Brazilian coach is worse than Rohr. Kept starting Jesus Ighalo who did nothing all tournament. Neymar is useless. Yes, Douglas Costa should have started the game. :mad: Firmino should have started the game. :mad:

OK, I am done with this useless World Cup, I am going back to Rant and Rave. :mad: Please don't tell me if Ingerlund win it. :mad:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 QF #2] Brazil 1 - Belgium 2 2H

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:When you miss so many chances ....you deserve to lose
Uncle why did not coach not start Costa?
Why did not coach allow Neyamr joking around?
You keep harping on the nonsense about why the coach did not start Costa.....Brasil created chances all night long...the only thing missing tonite was their inability to convert their chances. But of you want to continue to chase crickets, you have the whole night :lol:
The match was decided on chances taken. Brasil had over 6 clear chances ...I repeat over 6,if you want me to count them I will count them. There are some games you just raise your hands up and walk away.
Uncle most of those chances is because Belgium were 2-0 goals up and start defending their lead.Did you watch SE vs Argentina when we when behind 2-1 and pressed Argentina they park the bus in last minute?Guys what if they had attack from get go Argentina would not have beat us.So it was useless rohr even with our misses.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

elerineye wrote:
oloye wrote:
elerineye wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:How did Gabriel Jesus start ahead of Douglas Costa? Na wa o. Brazil shot themselves in the foot. They missed too many chances. Big up Belgium!! :thumbs:

This World Cup has been amazing.
Straight up madness.
But they are not playing the same role....it should be why Willain starts ahead of him, Costa has more tricks in his bags than Willain
On a second thought, you are quite correct.
But seriously this loss was not about who starts or not,it would have mattered if Firminho came in and banged the goals. Brasil fought so hard to lose this game...every stats about this game apart from the scores points to Brasil....those misses were scandalous.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

juventuss wrote:Douglas Costa suppose start if he was fit. The guy tormented Belgium
He was fit just a useless coach that keep starting Willian
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Even with the VAR, they still didn't give Brazil that obvious penalty.

So what is the point of VAR, if it doesn't correct calls?

Might as well get rid of it.
What obvious penalty?
The Kompany tackle on Jesus. It was obvious. That was a penalty.
It wasn't.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
You keep harping on the nonsense about why the coach did not start Costa.....Brasil created chances all night long...the only thing missing tonite was their inability to convert their chances. But of you want to continue to chase crickets, you have the whole night :lol:
The match was decided on chances taken. Brasil had over 6 clear chances ...I repeat over 6,if you want me to count them I will count them. There are some games you just raise your hands up and walk away.
Uncle most of those chances is because Belgium were 2-0 goals up and start defending their lead.Did you watch SE vs Argentina when we when behind 2-1 and pressed Argentina they park the bus in last minute?Guys what if they had attack from get go Argentina would not have beat us.So it was useless rohr even with our misses.
Again stop that nonsense...how many chances ...I mean clear chances did Brasil have before Belgium scored their first goal..My dear Kajifu you shake too much when watching football :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

cchinukw wrote:Would have been a different outcome had the referee called the penalty by Vincent Kompany against Neymar.
Neymar is a prat and his antics cost the team. Martinez’s decision making is eventually going to cost his team. He froze tonight....
Last edited by Dr. Wazobia on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Douglas Costa will look good at Arsenal.
:agree: He will fit the Gabon guy with goals until scoring 40 goals a season will be like 20 goals.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mschew...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Douglas Costa will look good at Arsenal.
:agree: He will fit the Gabon guy with goals until scoring 40 goals a season will be like 20 goals.
Una think say na beans....where una wan get the money :lol: I hear say Costa coffee dey cheaper sha

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, Oga Yoorope has arrived, that was the cue for small boys to leave the parlour. Brazil came back into it courtesy of a tremendous brain fart from Martinez, switching to the back three/five did them no favours. They staggered to the line, but got there. Brazil, as expected and foretold, are going home. They came to Russia to show off their fancy flicks, patterned haircuts and verbose nicknames. Out!

The question is, can Martinez get past Deputy Igwe? Belgium would certainly be the preferred for England, continental breakfast with a few bits of bacon snuck into a well buttered croissant. Black coffee, plenty of cream mind you. Full fat? Go on then.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Again stop that nonsense...how many chances ...I mean clear chances did Brasil have before Belgium scored their first goal..My dear Kajifu you shake too much when watching football :D
Yeah I agree I shake and I bet almost everyone do when their beloved team play.
So Uncle no blame for the coach tactics and set up?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Brazil were just flash, from their first draw avainst the swiss, they did not look convincing at all, Mexico were shite and thats why they did not score despite the many goal scoring chances they created
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Congrats to Belgium but Brazil only have themselves to blame for that loss. Granted TC was excellent today in goal, but Brazil just were not clinical enough.. That Belgium's back line was constantly carved up right from the opening minutes. Was not impressed with Belgium's defensive performance.. I only give Martinez credit for choosing to play on the counter. But midfield/defensive execution left a lot to be desired.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the remaining teams can trouble the Belgian defense as Brazil/Japan did. The remaining teams don't have that offensive flair/quick ball/player movement..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Looking now like France is going to win it. I have not seen a team dominate Uruguay for some time now. They have way too much talent.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

okuns wrote:Looking now like France is going to win it. I have not seen a team dominate Uruguay for some time now. They have way too much talent.
That is a stretch. France didn't dominate until after going 2-0 up. In the 1st half, Uruguay were the more threatening team.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Yeah I agree I shake and I bet almost everyone do when their beloved team play.
So Uncle no blame for the coach tactics and set up?
May be Costa should have come in straight for the second half instead of pushing Jesus to the right. Otherwise blame the players for wasting chances. If the team played bad and were outplayed perhaps you can look at what the coach is doing wrong.

The minute they lost those two glaring chances in the first half.....I knew what would follow.

If Japan had all the chances Brasil had today... Belgium would have gone home.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, Willian was splendid in the round of 16 and had performed capably in the group too. Theres a need for perspective here, not only was Costa lacking match fitness, but he came into the game when most were already heavy legged. A player of his pedigree, with that advantage, will always look far better than the rest. Tite fell for the bluff, assumed Belgian would play with the three and Willian wide right made sense in that case. Martinez went with a 4-4-2 Diamond and split his forwards, blunting Brazil's attacking right. By the time their shape unfolded, the game was already in play and Tite could only watch as Igwe DeBruyne roamed like Caesar himself. Yes, Brazil missed their chances in the early exchanges, but as the first half grew, Lukaku came to prominence, walked them down and unleashed clubbing rights and lefts. They had no answer to him. Second half they were better, nit just because of the pressure they applied, but because Martinez reverted to type.

Costa couldn't have started, he wasn't fit. Firminho however, that remains a mystery. Why?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wouldn't say the Belgian back line was carved up...After a shaky start, they became far more composed in the first-half. Kompany had a sound game.