Europe has too many teams in the World-cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Europe has too many teams in the World-cup

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They've won 6 of the last 8 World-cups( I have added 2018) 13 European teams are way to lopsided and they will always win it .. Brazil was able to slow them down in the past, but it's going to always get harder since the Brazilians are now too European.. It's becoming super Boring
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Europe has to many teams in the World-cup

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lump sided ke?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This boy, you no get work?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:Lump sided ke?
13 freaking teams ( 95% of them are seeded , ) they get matched up with weaker teams ( which helps them to tune up and ride deep into the tourney)

Watch them continue to own the world-cup when it gets to 48 teams
SuperEagles

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I am not convinced by the numbers argument. I think Europe has "industrialised" their football while the rest of the whole still treats football as a subsidence industry.

This "industrialisation" means they may not produce that spectacular super star but they will produce a team of reasonable quality across the board.

There are still variabilities but the concentatration of the global football economy in Europe means for the foreseeable future this dominance will continue.
Last edited by AreaDaddy on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AreaDaddy wrote:I am not convinced by the numbers argument. I think Europe has "industrialised" their football while the rest of the whole still treats football as a subsidence industry.

This "industrialisation" means they may produce that spectacular super star but they will produce a team of reasonable quality across the board.

There are still variabilities but the concentatration of the global football economy in Europe means for the foreseeable future this dominance will continue.
7 European teams made the quarterfinals, 8 made the last 16.... There is no way they won't perform the best in the mundial, when they keep knocking out themselves
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

:lol:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Lump sided ke?
13 freaking teams ( 95% of them are seeded , ) they get matched up with weaker teams ( which helps them to tune up and ride deep into the tourney)

Watch them continue to own the world-cup when it gets to 48 teams
I think he was trying to draw your attention to the lump :)
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

AreaDaddy wrote:I am not convinced by the numbers argument. I think Europe has "industrialised" their football while the rest of the whole still treats football as a subsidence industry.

This "industrialisation" means they may produce that spectacular super star but they will produce a team of reasonable quality across the board.

Well you still have to consider what Pokey mentioned as factors - numbers plus lopsided seeding.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Europe has too many teams in the World-cup

Post by kajifu »

Why is Europe allow to present 13 teams and this world cup they had 14 teams.
They don't need more than 10 teams
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

cchinukw wrote:

Well you still have to consider what Pokey mentioned as factors - numbers plus lopsided seeding.

Don't get me wrong the numbers are obviously not detrimental to their chances but is it the major contributory factor? I am not sure.

The seeding is an interesting angle though, but other than Poland and maybe Croatia I am not sure which seeded team you would argue against?

I think they should do away with the continental protection at the group stages. I think that would help.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Europe dominates world rankings and as far as organised associations be concerned, its another feather in their cap. When its brought to the negotiation table, only the Americas have a voice to be heard, purely through the talent produced. What evidence can Africa present for an additional world cup place? All out in the group stages, 4 more please. Huge advances need to be made in our footballing infrastructure before we can approach the table with any more than list refreshments for the debaters.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

highbury wrote:This boy, you no get work?
Driving Uber no be work? Abeg leave small pork alone. He's an entrepreneur. Once he finished paying the lease to his car, voila. He'll finally be free. Be prepared because instead of spending 8 hours daily on CE, dude will be here 24/7.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

7 European teams made the quarterfinals, 8 made the last 16.... There is no way they won't perform the best in the mundial, when they keep knocking out themselves
Did you know that two European teams sent packing two South American teams today? So how is your numbers of European teams adding up here? What stops the two South American teams from edging out the two European teams today and go on to win the next two European teams in the semi finals and then play themselves in the finals?
Before you count the number of European teams in the world, ask yourself first if they merited it. If you think they do not merit it, then do African merit five teams from it's former 3 teams? Africa's performance when they had three teams prompted FIFA to add two more slots for them and going by performance, Europeans even deserve 20 spots. One thing for sure is that Europeans possess knowledge of this game more than any other people and others can only learn from them. Going by Africa's performance as of today, given 20 slots, they will all go out after the group stage.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think they benefit from hosting the tournament more than having the highest number of countries at the tournament. Last World Cup we had 8/10 of the teams from the Americas at the tournament make the knockout round (four of whom faced each other in the Round of 16).
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ekorian wrote:
Driving Uber no be work? Abeg leave small pork alone. He's an entrepreneur. Once he finished paying the lease to his car, voila. He'll finally be free. Be prepared because instead of spending 8 hours daily on CE, dude will be here 24/7.
:rotf: :rotf: If that's what he's doing, at least he is trying. I honestly truly doubt this boy has a job. He is always in CE picking silly fights, insulting members and flooding CE with bereft ideas
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:I think they benefit from hosting the tournament more than having the highest number of countries at the tournament. Last World Cup we had 8/10 of the teams from the Americas at the tournament make the knockout round (four of whom faced each other in the Round of 16).
Could have sworn a Euro team won it in South Africa, could have sworn a Euro team won it in Brazil...so what is you talmbout? They’ve earned their spots let’s stop whining...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

highbury wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: If that's what he's doing, at least he is trying. I honestly truly doubt this boy has a job. He is always in CE picking silly fights, insulting members and flooding CE with bereft ideas
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What kind of an employer will allow you to be surfing the net for a minimum of 10 hours daily?
Not even a minute at the gym with his pot belly. CE is his only coping mechanism.
Last edited by Ekorian on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I think they benefit from hosting the tournament more than having the highest number of countries at the tournament. Last World Cup we had 8/10 of the teams from the Americas at the tournament make the knockout round (four of whom faced each other in the Round of 16).
Could have sworn a Euro team won it in South Africa, could have sworn a Euro team won it in Brazil...so what is you talmbout? They’ve earned their spots let’s stop whining...
What is your point?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
What is your point?
Pretty clear, they are showing they deserve their spots unlike us...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
What is your point?
Pretty clear, they are showing they deserve their spots unlike us...
Please point to where I said that someone deserved of didn't deserve anything?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Europe dominates because of their professionalism. Tiny countries like Belgium, Sweden, Croatia, Switzerland, etc etc devote a lot of time, money, and energy to improving their level of play while huge countries like Egypt and Nigeria blame referees and foreign coaches for their woes. The one huge advantage that Europe has over any other continent is proximity. Because the continent is so small the best of the best compete against each other from a young age which allows each country to improve their quality and learn from one another. Everything else that the Europeans do well can be replicated elsewhere, including in Africa if we stop making lame excuses.

By the way, even if Europe had fewer WC spots, they'd still dominate the WC. The mid tier European teams are better than the best teams from every other continent except those in South America.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Africa hosted in 2010 and just 1/5 teams made the 2nd round. Also, one of the implied advantages of hosting the WC in a given continent is support from your fans. As a matter of fact, European fans tend to be poor travellers and do not offer much support for their countries. Other than Sweden, the remaining teams in the WC barely have any supporters here. France went into this WC as one of the favourites yet it only has 2,000 or so fans in Russia. The Europeans do better because of how much more seriously they take the sport.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:They've won 6 of the last 8 World-cups( I have added 2018) 13 European teams are way to lopsided and they will always win it .. Brazil was able to slow them down in the past, but it's going to always get harder since the Brazilians are now too European.. It's becoming super Boring

Oh hush it. Even if Africa put 20, we no go even Smell semis tlklss ofwinning. At least they do something.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....