EFCC begin investigating Amaju Pinnick and his exco

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
EFCC begin investigating Amaju Pinnick and his exco

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EFCC begins investigating NFF president Amaju Pinnick and the members of his executive - See more at: https://goo.gl/oHYSor

Apparently, James Peters sent them a petition alleging widespread corruption. Na wa!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Re: EFCC begin investigating Amaju Pinnick and his exco

Post by imehjunior »

Same script different cast.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Another pointless investigation that will be thrown out of the courts.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This EFCC is a joke. Has always been a political tool to harrass and silence political opponents.

Hopefully Pinnick has been above board.

I used to view NFF as completely morally corrupt and perverted until Pinnick took over and gave it a 21st century look.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:This EFCC is a joke. Has always been a political tool to harrass and silence political opponents.

Hopefully Pinnick has been above board.

I used to view NFF as completely morally corrupt and perverted until Pinnick took over and gave it a 21st century look.
It is still a morally perverted organisation, let is just say at least it appears Pinnick knows what he is doing and is in touch with the direction of the game unlike the other baboons whose sole desire is to pillage and prance around doing nothing.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:EFCC begins investigating NFF president Amaju Pinnick and the members of his executive - See more at: https://goo.gl/oHYSor

Apparently, James Peters sent them a petition alleging widespread corruption. Na wa!
Same James Peters of Cairo 91 AAG? :shock: :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:EFCC begins investigating NFF president Amaju Pinnick and the members of his executive - See more at: https://goo.gl/oHYSor

Same James Peters of Cairo 91 AAG? :shock: :?
Just tells you that they are wasting their time....they have a lot of tools hanging around the NFF that are ready to be used for a few dollars handout.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I will caution on preempting investigations like this because you cannot be sure on who is above board and who is not above board. However, it is important that investigations are not used for witch-hunting or to achieve other personal goals. Those accused should be given opportunities to fully defend themselves and let the chips fall where they may. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:I will caution on preempting investigations like this because you cannot be sure on who is above board and who is not above board. However, it is important that investigations are not used for witch-hunting or to achieve other personal goals. Those accused should be given opportunities to fully defend themselves and let the chips fall where they may. Just my tuppence.
So where was this investigation all these while? These people are becoming too predictable and childish.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

oloye wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I will caution on preempting investigations like this because you cannot be sure on who is above board and who is not above board. However, it is important that investigations are not used for witch-hunting or to achieve other personal goals. Those accused should be given opportunities to fully defend themselves and let the chips fall where they may. Just my tuppence.
So where was this investigation all these while? These people are becoming too predictable and childish.

It's the same playbook they used to sideline and harass Aminu Maigari and company after the last World Cup.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
Oloye,

True word. It is certainly connected with the fight for NFF leadership and scheming for control of the upcoming elections. However, if indeed there are fraudulent activities then there should be no time limitation as to fighting such activities.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oloye,

True word. It is certainly connected with the fight for NFF leadership and scheming for control of the upcoming elections. However, if indeed there are fraudulent activities then there should be no time limitation as to fighting such activities.
Prof, I used to believe in the last part of your comments, I have supported all these shenanigans in the past believing these clowns were actually interested in fighting corruption, the truth is, it is not the corruption they are after, the ploy is nothing more than intimidation. If Pinnick steps down the witch hunt will stop and the corruption continues.

They are so fixated on doing a hatchet job such that their investigation cannot event go past initial trials in the court

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oloye,

Of all the fraudulent activity that Maigari and his people were accused of last time out, how much of it actually stuck and proved to be accurate? The reality is that we've seen this movie before.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oloye,

Of all the fraudulent activity that Maigari and his people were accused of last time out, how much of it actually stuck and proved to be accurate? The reality is that we've seen this movie before.
An old and stale movie....that is why people no longer fear the EFCC, get yourself a good attorney ,head to the courts and rubbish them like many have done and turned the apparatus into some huge embarrassing joke. The only people still afraid of that orgnaist are those who have no access to a good attorney.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oloye,

Prof, I used to believe in the last part of your comments, I have supported all these shenanigans in the past believing these clowns were actually interested in fighting corruption, the truth is, it is not the corruption they are after, the ploy is nothing more than intimidation. If Pinnick steps down the witch hunt will stop and the corruption continues.

They are so fixated on doing a hatchet job such that their investigation cannot event go past initial trials in the court
Dean, best believe that there's corruption in ALL institutions in Naijaria.

I did mention in the thread that we should expect an EFCC investigation.

Time for EFCC officials to extort money from Pinnick and co.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is like Deja vu. The same thing happened just after the 2014 WC. Ebe like Nigeria is stuck at a specific point in time. The clock is not moving.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
But isnt it somebody that will raise a petition that EFCC by law are obliged to investigate?
Those people entitled to petition include you and I.

We are not in a position to pick and choose who we like EFCC to investigate and who we don't.
That's why the Nigerian habit of finger pointing is pointless (forgive the pun) if you are not ready to follow up and petition EFCC.

"This man is corrupt, that man is corrupt" - but its all with mouth.
The corrupt people know that its all mouth and very few people will bother to petition or even have any evidence.

Having said that, as much as I have come to admire Pinnick, he should not be immune to investigation
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Naijas! Many have decided who is innocent and guilty because of past occurrences or preconceived notions. Should every lawsuit or accusation be discarded because of an appearance of bias? I bow for una...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:
Abi o. Very self serving and underhanded.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ekorian wrote:Naijas! Many have decided who is innocent and guilty because of past occurrences or preconceived notions. Should every lawsuit or accusation be discarded because of an appearance of bias? I bow for una...
Ol'boy simple question - Where have they been all this while?

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Even if this is politics, are you saying that if Pinnick stole $10m and the EFCC got a petition to that effect, they should not investigate it? They may investigate him and find him innocent but the reality is that the EFCC cannot be ignoring petitions.

Should we then say that because some armed robbery suspects were found to be innocent in the past, the police should no longer investigate complaints? We have known some women falsely accuse their ex-boyfriends of rape in Nigeria, so should the authorities now refuse to investigate any rape allegation because of this?

Come on now guys, please let us get real. I think Pinnick has done a great job with the NFF but that does not make him immune to investigation.

I also know how the NFF works. When they want to get rid of you, it is corruption that is used but still, we cannot because of all this abandon the fight against corruption.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
But isnt it somebody that will raise a petition that EFCC by law are obliged to investigate?
Those people entitled to petition include you and I.

We are not in a position to pick and choose who we like EFCC to be investigate and who we don't.
That's why the Nigerian habit of finger pointing is pointless (forgive the pun) if you are not ready to follow up and petition EFCC.

"This man is corrupt, that man is corrupt" - but its all with mouth.
The corrupt people know that its all mouth and very few people will bother to petition or even have any evidence.

Having said that, as much as I have come to admire Pinnick, he should not be immune to investigation
I have not picked who and when.....I have only asked a question....it appears Nigerians love to be treated to same charade over and over.