The New U17 Team........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The New U17 Team........

Post by bret- hart »

This new regional zoning system by CAF is bullshit. The best teams in Africa are from the West side. Its not their fault that other teams from other regions cant compete.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

bret- hart wrote:This new regional zoning system by CAF is bullshit. The best teams in Africa are from the West side. Its not their fault that other teams from other regions cant compete.
I am surprised West Africa fell for it. They have become a victim of their own success, and will now knock each other out so other regions can produce vastly-inferior teams to represent Africa in world championships.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Polly wrote:
bret- hart wrote:This new regional zoning system by CAF is bullshit. The best teams in Africa are from the West side. Its not their fault that other teams from other regions cant compete.
I am surprised West Africa fell for it. They have become a victim of their own success, and will now knock each other out so other regions can produce vastly-inferior teams to represent Africa in world championships.

Who are the ones from the region that supported such ridiculous move?
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oyek wrote:
Polly wrote:

Self interest of the other regions prevailed.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:The star of the new U17 team -- Hassan Adamu. As they say Forget the shirt, Chop Rice, Leave Stone

Tell us more, please. :thumb:
Tomorrow nfachairman and Txj will tell us this kid is 30yrs old
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/16/me ... -u17-team/

Meet Hassan Adamu -The Star Of The Newly Assembled Nigeria U17 Team

Slim, young but deadly Hassan Adamu Ahmed has already earned himself the tag of the star player in the Nigeria U17 team who are currently training for their upcoming Africa Youth Championship Qualifiers in Abuja.
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

leftee wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/16/me ... -u17-team/

Meet Hassan Adamu -The Star Of The Newly Assembled Nigeria U17 Team

Slim, young but deadly Hassan Adamu Ahmed has already earned himself the tag of the star player in the Nigeria U17 team who are currently training for their upcoming Africa Youth Championship Qualifiers in Abuja.
"Since". :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

oyek wrote:
Polly wrote:

Pinnick supported the change...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

If they do that for the senior world cup we will never have a team make it out of the group stage for a long, long time.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Polly wrote:
Pinnick is sacrificing the progress of our football for personal ambition. He will not go against the CAF President.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Enugu II wrote:The star of the new U17 team -- Hassan Adamu. As they say Forget the shirt, Chop Rice, Leave Stone

Yet another fresh faced kid for us all to look out for. Let those obsessed with MRI scans carry on their ill wishes ending nowhere (as usual), while we aim to win yet another U17 World Cup playing that special brand of football that already has the world hooked. Indeed, it is that expectation, that vibrant brand (that unique DNA USP cannot be replicated by any other nation at that level) that the footballing world expects one day to see in the SE, and once the NFF keys in with the right coach, the world will see it. If Spain could take tiki-taka from the underage levels all the way to global domination, then it can be done.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TheHitman47 wrote:
If they do that for the senior world cup we will never have a team make it out of the group stage for a long, long time.
For me, it is crap and I mentioned it here on CE several times during the election but it appeared not many on CE understood what was going on until now.

In any case, the logic from the perspective of the proponents of the structure is that youth football is more about development and not necessarily winning as opposed to the senior levels. Thus, even development across Africa is prioritized over having the best teams (no matter the region) represent the continent. That is the logic and bear in mind that before the elections and under Hayatou the system was already in use for at least two competitions -- the CHAN and the U23 Olympics (after it was re-structured).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm worried whether Nigeria will qualify though. I have no doubt whatsoever they will qualify from the U17 African Championship, but I'm afraid of the Nigeria vs Ghana matchup... I can see Nigeria losing out to Ghana.

It's madness to place Africa's two most successful teams at this level and have them thrash it out for one qualifying slot...
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TheHitman47 wrote:
The one benefit would be: only one North African team.