The New U17 Team........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The New U17 Team........

Post by Enugu II »

Some folks have been raving about this new team and good it is. They claim that the team looks quite young. However, they are yet to go through the MRI screening. Most of us will get introduced to them in the coming weeks and months.
Ruthless Nigeria U17 Team (Golden Eaglet) Pick Up Another Big Win In Friendly Game
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/07/ru ... ndly-game/
July 7, 2018023

The newly assembled U17 team of Nigeria once again showed their ability to hit the back of the net with another high scoring win over Lagos based youth academy YG Academy.

YG Academy went into the break leading the Nigeria U17 team 0-1 but the boys of coach Manu Garba rally back in the second half following the introduction of their regular players.

Fifteen minutes into the second half and with most of the players who are regulars in the team on the pitch, they wasted no time in racing into a 4-1 lead before finally showing their real worth by thrashing the physically imposing YG Academy 6-2 with slick, free flowing football.

Falala Football Academy were thrashed 7-1 by the same team last week Tuesday and that came days after they picked up an 8-0 win over International FC of Jos in another friendly game as part of their preparations for the upcoming Africa U17 Qualifiers tournament in Tanzania.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: The New U17 Team........

Post by mystic »

At this level Manu Garba knows what he's doing and will raise a solid team. The key will be the MRI scans as you rightly pointed out.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Enugu II wrote:Some folks have been raving about this new team and good it is. They claim that the team looks quite young. However, they are yet to go through the MRI screening. Most of us will get introduced to them in the coming weeks and months.
Ruthless Nigeria U17 Team (Golden Eaglet) Pick Up Another Big Win In Friendly Game
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/07/ru ... ndly-game/
July 7, 2018023

The newly assembled U17 team of Nigeria once again showed their ability to hit the back of the net with another high scoring win over Lagos based youth academy YG Academy.

YG Academy went into the break leading the Nigeria U17 team 0-1 but the boys of coach Manu Garba rally back in the second half following the introduction of their regular players.

Fifteen minutes into the second half and with most of the players who are regulars in the team on the pitch, they wasted no time in racing into a 4-1 lead before finally showing their real worth by thrashing the physically imposing YG Academy 6-2 with slick, free flowing football.

Falala Football Academy were thrashed 7-1 by the same team last week Tuesday and that came days after they picked up an 8-0 win over International FC of Jos in another friendly game as part of their preparations for the upcoming Africa U17 Qualifiers tournament in Tanzania.
Good to hear but unless they undergo the MRI screening, I don't want to invest my emotions. Sorry.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Manu Garba need to teach the boys the same formation we will be using in the National team.

Teach them early the proper way to play the game. I don't care about the results.

We need to develop more technically sound players. Not kick and rush type of players. If Garba is not up to task, find a coach that can do it.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I hope FIFA takes over the MRI screening of all under 17 players, if any player is deemed to fail the MRI checks, they should ban that country from all FIFA organised competitons for 10 years without appeal!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohenhen1 wrote:Manu Garba need to teach the boys the same formation we will be using in the National team.

Teach them early the proper way to play the game. I don't care about the results.

We need to develop more technically sound players. Not kick and rush type of players. If Garba is not up to task, find a coach that can do it.
True. Plus we need to take adequate steps to improve the work on weeding out age cheating.

I can't stand it anymore. Enough is enough.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marko wrote:I hope FIFA takes over the MRI screening of all under 17 players, if any player is deemed to fail the MRI checks, they should ban that country from all FIFA organised competitons for 10 years without appeal!
Marko, after all these years and countless debates, you STILL don't understand what the MRI does and how it works?
Shocking.
:boo: :boo: :boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Manu Garba need to teach the boys the same formation we will be using in the National team.

True. Plus we need to take adequate steps to improve the work on weeding out age cheating.

CChukw, when was the last time official age-cheats were caught?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Doc, I thought the issue was over until that recent thread from peeps on the ground like 'nfachairman'.

Not saying I believe them but if due process is followed eg. school yearbook, birth cert, mri scanning, age competitions etc etc., we then have the basis on which we can say to any doubters to shut it.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Doc, I thought the issue was over until that recent thread from peeps on the ground like 'nfachairman'.

Not saying I believe them but if due process is followed eg. school yearbook, birth cert, mri scanning, age competitions etc etc., we then have the basis on which we can say to any doubters to shut it.
Cchinukw
TBH I believe doubters will continue to exist even if you did all that until you will at all levels. There is an assumption, albeit illogical, that a win at the U17 must be correlated to winning at the senior level. Yet that correlation has been quite weak beyond Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Well, I am not sure what the thread was about but one thing you can be sure of is that Nigerians will continue to try to beat the system by any means possible. So you will find parents, local coaches, LG officials and even teachers aiding and abetting - which simply makes the NFF task harder.

But if one is to be fair, in recent years the national body NFF has done everything possible to weed out the age cheats - even at the expense of the national youth teams.
They have no control over what goes on at the local level but at national level, we can see that they have made huge progress, esp with the help of the 'final arbiter', the MRI.
But we cant expect them to do the work of local govts, parents and schools.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Can we please get the status of players of the last U17 team? Where are they now? Who is already retired?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Rawlings wrote:Can we please get the status of players of the last U17 team? Where are they now? Who is already retired?
You mean you expect someone to list them for you? Okay, I will do it: ALL of them! They have all retired!!

Hope this brightens your weekend.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well just hope if these age cheats are caught, FIFA can ban the country for years
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

marko wrote:Well just hope if these age cheats are caught, FIFA can ban the country for years
Idiocy.

First off - a failed MRI test is not 100% proof, it's just a probability.
Secondly - its not the country's fault if a player lies about his age. A player can also be borderline - pass an earlier test, but fail at a later date.

It's pivotal to have those tests done. Banning FAs is counterproductive.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote:
marko wrote:Well just hope if these age cheats are caught, FIFA can ban the country for years
Idiocy.

First off - a failed MRI test is not 100% proof, it's just a probability.
Secondly - its not the country's fault if a player lies about his age. A player can also be borderline - pass an earlier test, but fail at a later date.

It's pivotal to have those tests done. Banning FAs is counterproductive.
Marko can be deliberately ignorant at times.
Or just lazy.
I don't believe he can't get it if he really wants to.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Rawlings wrote:Can we please get the status of players of the last U17 team? Where are they now? Who is already retired?
I gather you mean the 2015 squad?

Kelechi Nwakali - Arsenal, 20 yo, on his way to Porto (apparently)
Samuel Chukweuze - Villareal, 19 yo, promoted to the first team
Orji Okonkwo - Bologna, 19 yo, making first team appearances
Victor Osimhen - Wolfsburg, 19 yo, making first team appearances
Kingsley Michael - Bologna, 18 yo, youth team
Joel Osikel - Domzal (Slovakia), 19 yo, making headway to first team
Fumsho Bamgboye - Szombathely (Hungary), 19 yo, making first team appearances
Akpan David Udoh - Bnei Sakhnin (Israel), 18 yo, youth team
Chinedu Madueke - AD Camacha (Portugal lower leagues), 19 yo
Christian Ebere - Rosario (Argentina), 19 yo, youth team
Sunday Alimi - Galatasaray (Turkey), 19 yo, youth team
Chisom Chiaha - Enugu Rangers (Nigeria), 20 yo
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

BTW Did you notice the boneheaded qualifying format? Only one team from out region can qualify for the tournament, as Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Burkina Faso will be battling it out for one slot!!!

Meanwhile another slot is taken by one of Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

marutimon wrote:BTW Did you notice the boneheaded qualifying format? Only one team from out region can qualify for the tournament, as Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Burkina Faso will be battling it out for one slot!!!

Meanwhile another slot is taken by one of Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda.
marutimon,

That is a political fix that came with the new CAF regime that was propped up by COSAFA and CECAFA groups. That format provides huge advantages to those regions because it curtails the dominance of North African and West African regions. This is a format that had been used for U23 but is now fixed for all youth tournaments, I believe.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
marutimon wrote:BTW Did you notice the boneheaded qualifying format? Only one team from out region can qualify for the tournament, as Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Burkina Faso will be battling it out for one slot!!!

marutimon,

That is a political fix that came with the new CAF regime that was propped up by COSAFA and CECAFA groups. That format provides huge advantages to those regions because it curtails the dominance of North African and West African regions. This is a format that had been used for U23 but is now fixed for all youth tournaments, I believe.
It is a boneheaded move. But it is U17 and U20 level. Not a big deal to me. I will have issue if that format was used for the Senior team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I can't believe you actually took the time to provide him that info. Most on this forum would have rightfully refrained from answering his questions.

marutimon wrote:
I gather you mean the 2015 squad?

Kelechi Nwakali - Arsenal, 20 yo, on his way to Porto (apparently)
Samuel Chukweuze - Villareal, 19 yo, promoted to the first team
Orji Okonkwo - Bologna, 19 yo, making first team appearances
Victor Osimhen - Wolfsburg, 19 yo, making first team appearances
Kingsley Michael - Bologna, 18 yo, youth team
Joel Osikel - Domzal (Slovakia), 19 yo, making headway to first team
Fumsho Bamgboye - Szombathely (Hungary), 19 yo, making first team appearances
Akpan David Udoh - Bnei Sakhnin (Israel), 18 yo, youth team
Chinedu Madueke - AD Camacha (Portugal lower leagues), 19 yo
Christian Ebere - Rosario (Argentina), 19 yo, youth team
Sunday Alimi - Galatasaray (Turkey), 19 yo, youth team
Chisom Chiaha - Enugu Rangers (Nigeria), 20 yo
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We have had overage players pass the MRI scan before. We all know an U17 player when we see one. We do not need FIFA to tell us how old are kids are.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We have had overage players pass the MRI scan before. We all know an U17 player when we see one. We do not need FIFA to tell us how old are kids are.
Ayo, English expat you don come again, how can you use ur eyes to completely know who is 17 years or 16 years.

Can you predict Wayne Rooney age at 16years with his pictures? When is comes to oyibo u say nothing but Africans you talk crap,English expat :curse: