[WC 2018 QF #4]: RUS 2(3) vs CRO 2 (4) AGG (5 - 6)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 QF #4]: RUS 2(3) vs CRO 2 (4) AGG (5 - 6)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:Classly move by Croatia :clap: :clap: .................they had Russian flag on their jersey too.
Chief Zee... teams have customized jerseys for each game these days. The flag of their country along with that of the team they are playing against.

I know in your days at Asata it is unimaginable. Especially when una dey share jersey during games... and if you tear am, you don buy jersey be dat. :P
I did a double take when I saw dat post. Did oga Zee start watching WC games yesterday? :lol:
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohenhen1 wrote:Luka Modric, what a player. I have new found respect for him.
New respect ke? He’s Always top quality. Super consistent. But then again if Na entertainer wey you dey look for, you will look past gold wey dey stare you for face. :mrgreen:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 QF #4]: RUS 2(1) vs CRO 2 (2)

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Curve whiz wrote:
Ekorian wrote:SEE JUBILATION ON THE STREETS OF CRIMEA :scared:
Are you this Russophobic? Or you just enjoy these silly stereotypes? What does that have to do with this game? And you’re lying to boot.
Oga Curve whiz, relax with this your Russophope labels now, ah ah? State your opinion, correct people if you know better and move along. No need to accuse folks you disagree with on Russia as Russophobic.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:Classly move by Croatia :clap: :clap: .................they had Russian flag on their jersey too.
Chief Zee... teams have customized jerseys for each game these days. The flag of their country along with that of the team they are playing against.

I know in your days at Asata it is unimaginable. Especially when una dey share jersey during games... and if you tear am, you don buy jersey be dat. :P
I did a double take when I saw dat post. Did oga Zee start watching WC games yesterday? :lol:
Lol. They had our flag on their shirt. That’s their usual protocol for each game. Dean Zee need to wipe his eyes small. :taunt:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
Are you this Russophobic? Or you just enjoy these silly stereotypes? What does that have to do with this game? And you’re lying to boot.
Oga Curve whiz, relax with this your Russophope labels now, ah ah? State your opinion, correct people if you know better and move along. No need to accuse folks you disagree with on Russia as Russophobic.
Even Don Putin's personal friend on CE, Chief Zee no dey attack pipul like dis about Russia.

Oga CurveWhiz is Russia's version of Kolinzo :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
Even Don Putin's personal friend on CE, Chief Zee no dey attack pipul like dis about Russia.

You no see am? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:

You no see am? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think he bet his lunch on Russia. He joined the thread on page 6 and started complaining about the striker selection like a typical internet certified coach. The thing about Crimea is him just letting out his frustration. Me I no send!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

My heart stopped so many times. Riveting atmosphere at stadium. I’m as exhausted as players.

Thanks for the well wishes. Will write more when I wake up. I Thank God we won.

:thumbs:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Congrats to Croatia but they've been dodgy since smoking Argentina. That's 3 games in a row where they haven't looked convincing. We have the 2 strongest teams on one side of the bracket and the 2 weakest remaining ones on the other. England vs Croatia has PKs written all over it. If I had to pick a winner, I'd say England because Croatia have been shaky over the past week.

Congrats to Russia but I'm glad they're out. They are a very weak team that benefitted from home field advantage. I was terrified of the prospect of having them in the final. They can hang their heads high.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...may be Fernandes citizenship will be revoked after going from hero to zero. Putin no dey play, see wetin him dey do Trump :scared:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...as dumb as his massa tRump :lol: :lol: :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Anything can happen in football, the Croatia England game will be tough, England have every opportunity to get to the finals over 90 minutes, they might not get this opportunity in a while, so the chances of them getting to the finals is quite high
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

It was a festive but tense atmosphere in the stadium. I was right behind one of the nets, but not the penalty side. I gave my extra ticket to a Russian friend with a fan id.

She was very intimidated by the masses of Croatians singing songs and war chants. We were in number. Even our women were participating. We always gave the players needed support.

We played much better than Russia. But defensive lapses let us down. Russia relied on throwing speculative balls forward, trying to get odd bounces. Although I have to say they played with more skill than I saw previously. That 2nd goal was a killer, Fernandes being wide open.

But Subasic and Rakitic came through in penalties. Russia overstayed. Limited but dogged team. Rode emotions. Their crowd was pumped and loud.

A few punches were thrown. Have to say we had some jerks as well as the Russians. Kept throwing objects during goals. Both our sides had to restrain these idiots that always make it out. Children got hit. I hate when selfish young punks put others at risk like this. Just care about their egos.

Again, overall Russians couldn't have been nicer. Took it in stride. Happy their team exceeded expectations.

I'm worried about the toll: tired legs, injuries, and increasing pressure. However, as to pressure, we've matched 98 in getting this far. They seemed upbeat and pretty nonchalant. Modric is the only guy in hotel who asks for privacy, which is given. The rest are open and confident.

I really hope Vrsaljko is healthy. That would be a killer to lose him now. A great outside back with power and pace. It was his sub that handled the ball on the free kick that led to the tying Russian goal.

So England it is. I have friends vacationing there. They told me the English cheered because they feel they can easily beat Croatia. Especially because we're allegedly tired and beat up.

At this level, I hope these professionals are fit enough. I think we still have the better team. But yes, England will be lively and determined. If there is a game where our supposed technical excellence needs to show, now is the time.

I doubt we can overpower England given the last 2 games. But we try our best. My main goal now is to get my boss to let me stay for semifinal. I doubt it, but we will see.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Congrats mate!
This is truly living the dream! :thumbs: :dream: :thumbs:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

You are a dedicated fan Mate. Congratulations. By the way, please tell us more about the lady in Red and White. I mean Kolinda. I saw a picture of her in Bikini. She's hooooot for a 50 year old.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...that Croatian president na one hot Grabar of a woman, hope Trump don't get confused about her name :laugh:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote:...that Croatian president na one hot Grabar of a woman, hope Trump don't get confused about her name :laugh:
LOLs.

She’s attractive indeed. I danced with her some 22 years ago when I was best man at a wedding in Zagreb. I had no idea then who she was. I only learned about this during a visit last Christmas from my friend. Eh, a nice Forest Gump thing for me.

She visited the team later. We’re a small and intimate tribe. Legendary Croatian soccer players got a regular fan a ticket. Did what they could.

Davor Suker spoke with me yesterday before the match. Gave me kits. Kissed me on the cheeks for staying true to heritage. It was deeply emotional for me.

Yujam is my FB friend and saw my pics. I was in all combat camouflage. Proudly raising the Croatian banner. With battle cries. With lots of big sturdy Croatians.

The Russians overall loved us for our patriotism. We reciprocated. They said they’ll root with us against England.

Bring England. We’ll do our very best. And don’t fear them.

We have a core village mentality here. We need to reap a harvest we sowed. Strong hands, legs, and minds.

It might be enough. Whatever happens, I’m proud. And as always, thanks for the support.

You know I’ll be with Nigeria when the day of triumph comes. We endure together.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Ekorian wrote:You are a dedicated fan Mate. Congratulations. By the way, please tell us more about the lady in Red and White. I mean Kolinda. I saw a picture of her in Bikini. She's hooooot for a 50 year old.
that is not her in those bikini pics but yes she is beautiful.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote:
LOLs.

She’s attractive indeed. I danced with her some 22 years ago when I was best man at a wedding in Zagreb. I had no idea then who she was. I only learned about this during a visit last Christmas from my friend. Eh, a nice Forest Gump thing for me.

She visited the team later. We’re a small and intimate tribe. Legendary Croatian soccer players got a regular fan a ticket. Did what they could.

Davor Suker spoke with me yesterday before the match. Gave me kits. Kissed me on the cheeks for staying true to heritage. It was deeply emotional for me.

Yujam is my FB friend and saw my pics. I was in all combat camouflage. Proudly raising the Croatian banner. With battle cries. With lots of big sturdy Croatians.

The Russians overall loved us for our patriotism. We reciprocated. They said they’ll root with us against England.

We have a core village mentality here. We need to reap a harvest we sowed. Strong hands, legs, and minds.

It might be enough. Whatever happens, I’m proud. And as always, thanks for the support.

You know I’ll be with Nigeria when the day of triumph comes. We endure together.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
mate, I am depending on you guys o! Smash England!

Croatia teach dem soccer
teach dem soccer
teach dem soccer

Croatia cherere nche
Croatia cherere nche

(Croatia be vigilant--one of our war chants, which we offer you to facilitate your victory) :thumbs:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

England will be up for the task, just feel something great is about to happen, there is goals coming from everywhere on the pitch and not only Kane, that is encouraging, come Wednesday, there will be ew heroes, time to unleash Rashford!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

marko wrote:England will be up for the task, just feel something great is about to happen, there is goals coming from everywhere on the pitch and not only Kane, that is encouraging, come Wednesday, there will be ew heroes, time to unleash Rashford!
We could care less if you unleash Rashidi or Bedford, the bottom line is England ain't winning jack. You can take that to the Bank!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote:
mate wrote:
LOLs.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
mate, I am depending on you guys o! Smash England!

Croatia teach dem soccer
teach dem soccer
teach dem soccer

Croatia cherere nche
Croatia cherere nche

(Croatia be vigilant--one of our war chants, which we offer you to facilitate your victory) :thumbs:

We will do our very best.

:wink:

I probably cannot get a semifinal ticket. I am debating staying in Moscow for an extra 2 days to watch in bars with Russians, Croatians, and the English enemy. My wife and bosses at work gave the ok.

The Juju is confusing me! Help me my CE brothers! I don't know if I'm a talisman or jinx! If I stay, does it help or hurt? Or should I watch with my family back in the USA?

Oh football gods, send me some clarity!

:mad:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote:
We will do our very best.

:wink:

I probably cannot get a semifinal ticket. I am debating staying in Moscow for an extra 2 days to watch in bars with Russians, Croatians, and the English enemy. My wife and bosses at work gave the ok.

The Juju is confusing me! Help me my CE brothers! I don't know if I'm a talisman or jinx! If I stay, does it help or hurt? Or should I watch with my family back in the USA?

Oh football gods, send me some clarity!

:mad:
You have to stay.

It is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Playing in the Semi's against England... stories you can tell your grandkids for years.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!