SE could have win this world cup if Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: SE should have won this world cup if Rohr

Post by walesvilla »

Not all Rohr fault
If Igahlo had scored the handball chance, if Moses form was at same level as qualifiers, and if Nacho had shown any form close to his 2013 wcup we could have been talking of q- final at least
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE should have win this world cup if Rohr

Post by marko »

Mr Shows wrote:
zee wrote:
ohsee wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread sef. Yes, we fans believe in magic. Countries like France, Belgium, and now England have shown how it is to be successfully done--it takes years and a long-term investment in structures, organization and most importantly the players, not magic. Is it any surprise that three of the four teams in the semis are countries that have world-class youth and academy programs that they implemented more than a decade ago when they came to the conclusion that what they were doing was not working? But Africans, who like to believe in the efficacy of juju and prayer, think that if we change coach, we will, by some mysterious witchery of bouncing balls, get to the semi-finals.

Anyway, wetin consain me? Wetin I know? Let me jos siddon dey look. Make una continue.
Prof Ohsee......let me know what Croatia (potential WC winners) invested apart from picking their best players and having a coach that talked his players into BLEEDING for the nation.
You can go very far in a SEVEN' match tournament by confidently playing to your strength with players that are highly motivated and not afraid of the opposition.

Rohr is a full blown football-coward. :curse:

If it were down to just having world class players..Messi and Ronaldo won't be watching the final on TV. If was just down to having a world class coach, then WC winning Lowe will not have finished bottom of the group and will not be watching the final along with his star studded team on TV..

England are currently the U21 World champions and are currently in the Semi finals of the WC... Long term planning is just the foundation. You need to have 'quality' players in every position 'playing at the highest level', a solid coach and a good dose of luck, ''All at the same time" to even have a chance.

How folks think we can just turn up and stroll home with the wc, without even having half of the ingredients in place defies common sense. :blink: :???:

All Nigeria has to do is show up and win the world cup, bizarre thread! A country that does not inbest in sports has no business winning anything
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

walesvilla wrote:Not all Rohr fault
If Igahlo had scored the handball chance, if Moses form was at same level as qualifiers, and if Nacho had shown any form close to his 2013 wcup we could have been talking of q- final at least
Are you talking about the boys Cup?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Reality is reality. Nigeria is a second round team at best.

The records are there for all to see.

Foreign coach or local coach. Preparation or no preparation. Building for the future or established..

Foreign based, foreign born or home based the results are the same.

What the 94 team could not do, none of our other teams have been able to do.
We were a second round team, yet, Rohr found a way to make us look ordinary and still had that his "we're too young" and "the other teams are higher rated" excuses. With some luck, we probably would have advanced further. If we had won the group with two wins and a draw, we would have taken Croatia's path, and stood a good chance of making history. We could have likely beaten Denmark and Russia. A game with England in the semis would have been one laced with our colonial history, high stakes, and tension. Anybody's game. Ah, Rohr!

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: Could have, could have

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score every chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi (EPL), MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
I agree with you and Rohr. After 1994, 1998, 2002, and 2014 we are still going to the World Cup to learn. Oh, forget France and being the second youngest in the tournament. Mbappe is an aberration. The likes of Dele Alli, Lingard, Rashford, Sterling and even Harry Kane are wizened veterans. Russia has stars lighting up Real Madrid and Barcelona, so they got to the quarters because Putin threatened FIFA officials. Never imagined I'll see the day Nigeria will have no ambition. Meanwhile, who guaranteed Rohr we'll qualify for Qatar 2022? I can see Ghana, Cameroon, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Senegal, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria and South Africa allowing us a pass to head straight to the tournament. We're drifting and we know it. For the records, this is our record so far in 2018: Played 8, Lost 5, drew 1, won 2.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

Foreign coach or local coach. Preparation or no preparation. Building for the future or established..

We were a second round team, yet, Rohr found a way to make us look ordinary and still had that his "we're too young" and "the other teams are higher rated" excuses. With some luck, we probably would have advanced further. If we had won the group with two wins and a draw, we would have taken Croatia's path, and stood a good chance of making history. We could have likely beaten Denmark and Russia. A game with England in the semis would have been one laced with our colonial history, high stakes, and tension. Anybody's game. Ah, Rohr!

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score very chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi, MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
Don't quit your day job!!

Best advice. Did he type this sober, talk less of drunk. French team would have rammed us silly. Learn to b honest.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Man Ataye wrote:
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score very chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi, MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!

Best advice. Did he type this sober, talk less of drunk. French team would have rammed us silly. Learn to b honest.
The sarcasm is lost on you both.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

mate wrote:
marko wrote:Our players tried their best with the limited talent they have, thankfully we have watched good football from the likes of France, Belgium, sometimes England, Croatia and Nigeria does not belong in this company

Croatia plays very good football with very good players. Yes, the last 2 games have been tough. But I've rethought this...as we beat 2 extremely defensive teams that played through France and Spain in this WC. Consider that Denmark hadn't lost in 18 games and runs all days. Russia too runs all day.

I'm not sure any team could have played good football in a knockout against Denmark or Russia. So I see this as battle hardening Croatia. If our very good players are healthy and all start, I think we can play good football against England.

Regardless, Croatia has been in the semifinals twice since 1998. Not sure why you don't think we don't belong with Belgium, France, and England. We will see Wednesday. I hope we prove you wrong.

:)

I'm with u here. Had them as a semi finalist. If people dont take them seriously that's them. That team reserved to b there as much as anyone else.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Ekorian wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!

Let's hope it is. If not he can hard true talk's advice. :?
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

marko wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
zee wrote:
ohsee wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread sef. Yes, we fans believe in magic. Countries like France, Belgium, and now England have shown how it is to be successfully done--it takes years and a long-term investment in structures, organization and most importantly the players, not magic. Is it any surprise that three of the four teams in the semis are countries that have world-class youth and academy programs that they implemented more than a decade ago when they came to the conclusion that what they were doing was not working? But Africans, who like to believe in the efficacy of juju and prayer, think that if we change coach, we will, by some mysterious witchery of bouncing balls, get to the semi-finals.

Anyway, wetin consain me? Wetin I know? Let me jos siddon dey look. Make una continue.
Prof Ohsee......let me know what Croatia (potential WC winners) invested apart from picking their best players and having a coach that talked his players into BLEEDING for the nation.
You can go very far in a SEVEN' match tournament by confidently playing to your strength with players that are highly motivated and not afraid of the opposition.

Rohr is a full blown football-coward. :curse:

If it were down to just having world class players..Messi and Ronaldo won't be watching the final on TV. If was just down to having a world class coach, then WC winning Lowe will not have finished bottom of the group and will not be watching the final along with his star studded team on TV..

England are currently the U21 World champions and are currently in the Semi finals of the WC... Long term planning is just the foundation. You need to have 'quality' players in every position 'playing at the highest level', a solid coach and a good dose of luck, ''All at the same time" to even have a chance.

How folks think we can just turn up and stroll home with the wc, without even having half of the ingredients in place defies common sense. :blink: :???:

All Nigeria has to do is show up and win the world cup, bizarre thread! A country that does not inbest in sports has no business winning anything

Say no more. Next we will sign for ice hockey n expect world champion wins.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Obong wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score every chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi (EPL), MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
I agree with you and Rohr. After 1994, 1998, 2002, and 2014 we are still going to the World Cup to learn. Oh, forget France and being the second youngest in the tournament. Mbappe is an aberration. The likes of Dele Alli, Lingard, Rashford, Sterling and even Harry Kane are wizened veterans. Russia has stars lighting up Real Madrid and Barcelona, so they got to the quarters because Putin threatened FIFA officials. Never imagined I'll see the day Nigeria will have no ambition. Meanwhile, who guaranteed Rohr we'll qualify for Qatar 2022? I can see Ghana, Cameroon, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Senegal, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria and South Africa allowing us a pass to head straight to the tournament. We're drifting and we know it. For the records, this is our record so far in 2018: Played 8, Lost 5, drew 1, won 2.
For a while that’s been the case,Nigeria have only been to one Afcon since 2010 all be it they won 2013 and that was the first time in 19 years,we qualified to the last two World Cups though only to return without realising we need to improve,our fans believe we can win a World Cup but never with reasoning!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE could have win this world cup if Rohr

Post by Kabalega »

9ja should take a cue from their masters England, and pick their Southgate, Manu.

There is simply not enough time to create a team from the FIFA schedule.
England's Southgate worked with the current players at youth level.
This ensures continuity and chemistry for the players at senior level.

He knows them, they know him and most importantly they know each other!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Obong wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
Obong, I was going to beg you to give some Aptitude lessons to some Eko person on this thread, but I'll just do it myself.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ekorian wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!

Thank you.

A piece of advice.

For your evaluation of a statement to be anywhere close to accurate, it sometimes helps to have an idea of the stance of the person making the statement.

For instance,
NFF Chair & several others on here believe that the performance of the SE in Russia was on the tip of its efficient frontier. I know we did not even get anywhere close, large due to some mediocre and incompetent German coach.

You think whatever he put up there was great sarcasm. I'm begging him not to try his hand at comedy.

bringing it into a different territory,

One guy might think it is OK to wash underpants by hand; While another thinks it is strictly a washing machine affair
One guy might think it is OK to wash the underpants of friends, family & acquaintances; While another believes those things are extremely personal & should be kept so.

Hopefully, the anger over this wasted World Cup is not lost on you!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tfco recuse to enta thread. Kajifu dey ask too much of one man :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

kajifu wrote:My people this world cup was the most open world cup for beloved African countries to make statement.
How Rohr the chief coward mess things up is something he should not be allow into Nigeria.
If not that we dont value our own and God call Big Boss early,Big Boss could have top that group and now facing England in semi.The path to the final was clear for SE but mr coward mess up :boo: :boo:
Senegal also naive display killed them and Morocco should have knock one of Spain or Portugal out.
No mind Rohr. Playing 3-5-2 with a fullback in Idowu that is reluctant to go forward yet Idowu stayed in the game for 90 and we are wondering why the forwards have no service. If the NFF like make them stick with a coach that can't read a game and make the needed changes or too afraid to make a change because it will make the team worse. Nigeria needs a more sharper/reactive coach that demands and expects high level of play from every player.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria had one key compenent lacking to threaten. A freekick taker.

That is why Kelechi Nwakali is so pivotal.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley