Sam Ojebode

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Sam Ojebode

Post by ojafranpa »

Sam Ojebode is dead. RIP!!!
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: Sam Ojebode

Post by ojafranpa »

Sam Ojebode is dead.
By Ayo Ademokoya
The city of Ibadan was thrown into deep mourning when the news of the death of the first football club captain in Nigeria to ever lift a continental trophy for the country in 1976 through the IICC shooting Stars, Samuel Adeleke Ojebode who died in the early our of yesterday at the University college Hospital Ibadan, through a protracted heart related disease.
Coach Ojebode was born on 14th of July 1944 and had his elementary education in Oyo town between 1951 and 1960.
He began his football career in 1960 and enlisted in the Nigerian Police force where as a member of t of State and Oyo state police command distinguished himself and won a number of laurels.
On 1st of April 1971, He joined the Western Nigerian Development Corporation (WNDC) Shooting Stars which later became IICC before it finally metamorphosed to IICC Shooting Stars Sports club 3SC in 1990.
Mr. Ojebode played for the Ibadan Lions of the West which won the Nigerian Challenge Cup of 1969 by beating Warri Wolves by 5-1 in the final.
He was also a member of the WNDC shooting Stars that won the 1971 Nigerian Challenge Cup by defeating the Enugu Rangers at the Final by 2-1.
He played for the Nigeria National team (The green Eagles) where he was the left full back between 1974- 1977 and was a member of the Green Eagle to the African Nation Cup in 1976 where he was described as the live wire of the Nigeria Defense. (Nigerian Daily times)
Popularly called “Eki Nla” (Hard Tackler) in his playing days, Ojebode was the first left full back in Nigeria with the ability to overlap from the left full back to the outside left.
He was the fourth captain of WNDC Shooting Stars after the likes of Late Jide Johnson, Jossy Lad, and Kola Taiwo between 1974 and 1978 and led the team to his first continental trophy the African Cup Winners Cup by beating Tonnere Kalala of Cameroun 4-2 aggregate.

He retired from playing active soccer in September 1978 and started his coaching career by attending the National Institute of Sports (NIS) in Lagos for the Grade III coaching course in 1979. He had his housemanship course in under father Tiko Jehscavic in Yugoslavia (1980—1981), Association Brasilera Trein Dore de futbol, Rio-Brazil for a diploma in football coaching NFA/CAF/ FIFA refreshers Seminars Coaching Clinics between 1982-1999. He was a coach with the Oyo state sports council in 1983 and became the coach of Oyo Academicals that won the National Academicals Football Competition in 1984 final which was played at the National Stadium Surulere, Lagos
He attended Brazilian Football Academy, Rio de Janeiro in, Brazil for his advanced diploma course in physical and training coaching in 1991. And was at the Administrative staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) in 1998.
He was a member caretaker committee of 5 man Caretaker Committee of IICC shooting Stars sports club in 1992, Management member of Oyo State Sports council between 1994-1986 and retired voluntarily from the Oyo state sports council in 1999 as the deputy Director, Sports and Training.
He was the Secretary, Technical and accreditation committee, Ibadan Sub Zone of the 10th World Youth Championship) WYC tagged Nigerian 1999 a member of the NFA Technical committee between 2000-2004
He was part of Chief Onigbinde's consortium of coaches between 2004-2006.
He was appointed the chairman; Board of Directors of Shooting Stars by the Otunba Christopher Adebayo Akala led government of Oyo State on 3rd of April 2006 the post he held till late 2007.
The news of his heart related problem became public early this year when he could no longer foot his Bill at the University College Hospital Ibadan,
The Government of Oyo State under Senator Abiola Ajimobi promptly came to his rescue and was adequately taken care off before he was discharged from hospital he kept up with the hospital until the sickness relapse at the weekend and had been on a life support machine since Monday before he gave up the ghost this morning.
He is survived by wife Mrs. Morenikeji Titilayo Ojebode and children.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

May His Soul Rest in Peace. One of the great full backs to play for Nigeria and feared defender. I remember interviewing Rangers' flying right winger Sam Onyeaka years ago and Onyeaka mentioned that Ojebode was the toughest defender he ever played against because his tackles were notoriously vicious in those days. Rest in Peace, great one.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Continue to RIP ....
Last edited by Toxicarrow on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

RIPP
Advocating rational thought since 1987
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

RIP . Honestly I thought he died sometime ago
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

a great one
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

RIP to the great one!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:RIP . Honestly I thought he died sometime ago
Actually, I think he did.
If you read the tweet, it says they remember him "after six years of his demise", suggesting this is just a remembrance.
I might be wrong but that tweet get as e be if say him just die..... :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Here we go.
He died in 2012.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=222162

Ojaframpa is six years too late. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:RIP . Honestly I thought he died sometime ago
Actually, I think he did.
If you read the tweet, it says they remember him "after six years of his demise", suggesting this is just a remembrance.
I might be wrong but that tweet get as e be if say him just die..... :oops:
Thanks, I knew I read somewhere he died few years ago, Or perhaps he was seriously sick.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:Here we go.
He died in 2012.

Abeg leave ma Ojanframpa alone, he travelled back in time
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I know of James Bond who "lived twice" now I know of a Sam Ojebode who "died twice".
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

He died in 2012.

Lol.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:I know of James Bond who "lived twice" now I know of a Sam Ojebode who "died twice".

We do Die Twice.

Once when we die and our remains buried.

Finally when the last person living that knew you passes on

RIP Sam Ojebode
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

oloye wrote:
He died in 2012.

Abeg leave ma Ojanframpa alone, he travelled back in time
Abeg leave my guy alone...He is a jolly good guy and a proud Oluyole Warrior.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:I know of James Bond who "lived twice" now I know of a Sam Ojebode who "died twice".
You be crazy man for sure....This post dey person :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IT'S CERTAINLY GOOD TO BE BORN TWICE, BUT...

...I literally don't wish anybody to die twice.
Bell
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

R.I.P, Skippo.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Rest in peace, smiling Sam.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

ojafranpa wrote:Sam Ojebode is dead. RIP!!!
Why don't you use this ad the title?
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.