Galatasaray has begun loan negotiations with Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Galatasaray has begun loan negotiations with Onyekuru

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru, Nwakali and arguably Usman Mohammed should have been in Russia. I am sure Rohr is regretting not taking them now.
Regret what?
Onyekuru was recovering from injury. Is Nwakali better than the midfielders we had?
I dont know about Usman Mohammed
You dey mind am? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru, Nwakali and arguably Usman Mohammed should have been in Russia. I am sure Rohr is regretting not taking them now.
Regret what?
Onyekuru was recovering from injury. Is Nwakali better than the midfielders we had?
I think the three of them would have given us more of an offensive threat. Our attack looked too tame!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Regret what?
I think the three of them would have given us more of an offensive threat. Our attack looked too tame!
He wasn't even getting PT with his club who were saying he was afraid to go 100% and you want to take him to the WC? Probably the best thing to ever happen to him was getting left off that squad so he could recover in peace and try to get back to his previous level.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Regret what?
Blame that on Kelechi, Ighalo and Simy, all of whom were actively playing at club level in a striking role and were supposedly fit.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Anybody that thinks a midfield of Usman, Nwakali Brother's were worth bypassing over the likes of Onazi, Joel Obi, and Echejile deserves to be cyber slapped (if only internet technology had something like this)... while we can somehow agree that Onyekuru wasn't fit and shouldn't have been included in the team, there was absolutely no rational explanation for wasting our time with dead beat players that we never even got to play. The fact that even Rohr never played any of Onazi and Echejile shows he has little or no faith in them... in other words, he knew they were crap yet chose to include them in the list, maybe to keep faith with the principle of rewarding the players that supposedly played a role(however less prominent) in qualifying Nigeria to the WC. I hope we see the end of this rubbish ahead of the Afcon.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Tobi17 wrote:Anybody that thinks a midfield of Usman, Nwakali Brother's were worth bypassing over the likes of Onazi, Joel Obi, and Echejile deserves to be cyber slapped (if only internet technology had something like this)... while we can somehow agree that Onyekuru wasn't fit and shouldn't have been included in the team, there was absolutely no rational explanation for wasting our time with dead beat players that we never even got to play. The fact that even Rohr never played any of Onazi and Echejile shows he has little or no faith in them... in other words, he knew they were crap yet chose to include them in the list, maybe to keep faith with the principle of rewarding the players that supposedly played a role(however less prominent) in qualifying Nigeria to the WC. I hope we see the end of this rubbish ahead of the Afcon.
What are the Nwakali brothers doing at the moment to warrant an invite to a team of men?

I rebound the cyberslp your way. Mscheeew!!!!! :sneaky: :tic:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Anybody that thinks a midfield of Usman, Nwakali Brother's were worth bypassing over the likes of Onazi, Joel Obi, and Echejile deserves to be cyber slapped (if only internet technology had something like this)... while we can somehow agree that Onyekuru wasn't fit and shouldn't have been included in the team, there was absolutely no rational explanation for wasting our time with dead beat players that we never even got to play. The fact that even Rohr never played any of Onazi and Echejile shows he has little or no faith in them... in other words, he knew they were crap yet chose to include them in the list, maybe to keep faith with the principle of rewarding the players that supposedly played a role(however less prominent) in qualifying Nigeria to the WC. I hope we see the end of this rubbish ahead of the Afcon.
What are the Nwakali brothers doing at the moment to warrant an invite to a team of men?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And I happily richchet that your rebound for a double cyberslap.
Tobi1 believes that the fact that Onazi, Joel Obi and Echejiele were not played means they shouldnt have been taken to Russia.

I no fit laugh.
So WC is now a tournament where there is no first or starting eleven and you now rotate all your players so that everybody is 'fairly' treated?
Na equal opportunity tournament we go play for there? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Wow, your thought process is so juvenile that I’m wondering if you’re still in kindergarten. First of all, with only 3 substitutions allowed in regulation, the vast majority of substitutes never get to play in the World Cup. The particular substitute usually depends on the on-field situation so, you really wouldn’t expect an injured Ighalo to be subbed off for Onazi, for example. Secondly, there are a million and one reasons why a particular player never comes on. One obvious reason might be fitness issues. I strongly suspect that was the case with the trio of players you mentioned. Thirdly, serious World Cup coaches plan for more than the group stage. That you didn’t see a particular player in the group stages doesn’t mean you won’t see him in the knockout stages :!:

Cheers.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Wow, your thought process is so juvenile that I’m wondering if you’re still in kindergarten. First of all, with only 3 substitutions allowed in regulation, the vast majority of substitutes never get to play in the World Cup. The particular substitute usually depends on the on-field situation so, you really wouldn’t expect an injured Ighalo to be subbed off for Onazi, for example. Secondly, there are a million and one reasons why a particular player never comes on. One obvious reason might be fitness issues. I strongly suspect that was the case with the trio of players you mentioned. Thirdly, serious World Cup coaches plan for more than the group stage. That you didn’t see a particular player in the group stages doesn’t mean you won’t see him in the knockout stages :!:

Cheers.

The simple fact that this had to be explained clearly demonstrates that some folks are ..sorry to say... clueless.. :dream:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

cchinukw wrote:

Nwakali snr was invited and couldn't even cut being retained as training material.. :blink: :dream:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Mr Shows wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Nwakali snr was invited and couldn't even cut being retained as training material.. :blink: :dream:
Invariably you based your inference on the incontrovertible facts you watched and observed his performances during his invitation . Thanks for supplying us inside info.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

bully12 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Invariably you based your inference on the incontrovertible facts you watched and observed his performances during his invitation . Thanks for supplying us inside info.
He scored again yesterday. Undoubtedly the boy is baller and has the knack to score goals. His omission in the world cup team was definitely egregious and atrocious by the simpleton rohr. Please tell me he has magically recovered since the world cup to have scored two goals and two assists coming in as a substitute in each occasion
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He was injured at the WC anything contrary is a figment of your imagination
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scored a tap in but missed clear chances, he’s still working his way back sha

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

maceo4 wrote:Scored a tap in but missed clear chances, he’s still working his way back sha

[/video]
Do you think Ighalo and Ihenacho could have placed themselves in the position to tap in the ball. Even if they do could they have been able to tap in the ball ?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Scored a tap in but missed clear chances, he’s still working his way back sha

[/video]
Do you think Ighalo and Ihenacho could have placed themselves in the position to tap in the ball. Even if they do could they have been able to tap in the ball ?
Who knows, and frankly who cares, we are talking Onyekuru here.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The real test will be when Onyekuru plays against champions league opposition. Scoring in a meaning less friendly is no criteria for selection to the national team.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Flex Swift wrote:The real test will be when Onyekuru plays against champions league opposition. Scoring in a meaning less friendly is no criteria for selection to the national team.
ok how many goals did other player who went to world scored in the champions league before they were picked? Or the bars are set differently for him because he is Onyekuru.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Other players contributed towards our WCQ and wasn’t just an olosho waiting to collect money. Anyway, this is a new beginning and onyekuru will have his chance to qualify his team for anc and WC