Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 7277
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip
Quote:
Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Barcelona and Inter Milan are likely to miss out on 20-year-old Nigerian forward Taiwo Awoniyi, who is set to sign a new deal with Liverpool which could lead to a loan move to Monaco. (Teamtalk)

Sounds like a good move. Emenalo being there might help him settle, and if he has a good season, might get the exposure to either get a decent permanent move or an opportunity for playing time with Liverpool. Whichever way, his stock is rising.

_________________
To stop trying is to start dying
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6889
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3976
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2579
bully12 wrote:
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3976
marutimon wrote:
bully12 wrote:
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.
Maybe to you it is not both moves did not come up to my expectation especially that of Onyekuru.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36076
Location: Land of the Terrapins
bully12 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
bully12 wrote:
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.
Maybe to you it is not both moves did not come up to my expectation especially that of Onyekuru.


Ever think its your expectation that is off? Where exactly did you expect these players to land?

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 43149
Location: Akoko Highlands
Liverpool should sell him to a club like Monaco that can nurture him.
Hope he does well at Monaco with Emenalo running things.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 42206
marutimon wrote:
bully12 wrote:
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.



Anderlect to Galatasaray move is a lateral move. Playing one or 2 champions league game should not be the basis of any player to move to a lower league.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 7277
1naija wrote:
marutimon wrote:
bully12 wrote:
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.



Anderlect to Galatasaray move is a lateral move. Playing one or 2 champions league game should not be the basis of any player to move to a lower league.

Would have agreed with you, but Paulinho proves that talent always shines through.

_________________
To stop trying is to start dying
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6317
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36629
Location: UK
bully12 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
bully12 wrote:
That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.


Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.
Maybe to you it is not both moves did not come up to my expectation especially that of Onyekuru.
Care to remind us what your position was when Iheanacho first moved to mighty Man City?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36629
Location: UK
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo
Hindsight.
Were you not here when Martins was suggested a few weeks before the WC official list was announced?
The reaction was like an Imam being invited to church on Sunday. :lol:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5365
Location: Here
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo


Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6889
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo
Hindsight.
Were you not here when Martins was suggested a few weeks before the WC official list was announced?
The reaction was like an Imam being invited to church on Sunday. :lol:


I know you're not referring to me Dr. Damunk. I have always said on here that Ighalo's goal against Cameroon was a Siren's song and I knew the dummy Rohr was captivated.

Martins & Awoniyi got injured so it was moot. I've always said that Martins, Ike Uche & Osaze had all the quality to keep Nigeria a top global side from about 2004, but just never zoned in on the National cause. If they had stepped up, people like Ighalo had no business being on a 50 man Nigerian longlist.

& yes Awoniyi has already done a lot more in Nigerian colours than Ighalo ever will. No hating on Odion, who is a genuinely nice guy.


Last edited by truetalk on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36629
Location: UK
truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo
Hindsight.
Were you not here when Martins was suggested a few weeks before the WC official list was announced?
The reaction was like an Imam being invited to church on Sunday. :lol:


I know you're not referring to me Dr. Damunk. I have always said on here that Ighalo's goal against Cameroon was a Siren's song and I knew the dummy Rohr was captivated.

Martins & Awoniyi got injured so it was moot. I've always said that Martins, Ike Uche & Osaze had all the quality to keep Nigeria a top global side from about 2004, but just never zoned in on the National cause. If they has stepped up, people like Ighalo had no business being on a 50 man Nigerian longlist.

& yes Awoniyi has already done a lot more in Nigerian colours than Ighalo ever will. No hating on Odion, who is a genuinely nice guy.
No, not referring to you o.
Was only wondering whether you recall the hostility when Martins' name was brought up just prior to his injury.
Meanwhile, I started a thread 'Zero Shots On Target' back in March after the friendly game vs Poland.
They said it "was not a problem", probably because we won.

Quote:
'Zero Shots On Target Is A Serious Discussion Point'
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28714S

Zee: "We have no problem with scoring"
Danfo driver: "And so what?"
Ohenhen1; "There is no problem. It was a friendly"
Coach: "Sorry Damunk but you’re way off the mark here."

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6317
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo


Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.


Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.

I don’t blame Igahlo,I blame that incompetent coach called Gohr for not having the ability to pick the right talents.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1132
osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo


Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.


Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.

Honestly the mentality is very irritating, what's up the Nigerians and this archaic mentality that a young player isn't ready until he "slowly grows up" very idiotic way of limiting someone's star and talent... if the average French coach or fans were thinking in such myopic way, we won't see a 19 year Mbappe doing the business and now making history for himself by playing in a world cup final at just 19...we will keep tolerating junks like Ighalo because he is "experienced" and in return get nothing but diminishing returns, I'm glad a lot of forward thinking Nigerians know better now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5365
Location: Here
Tobi17 wrote:
osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo


Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.


Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.

Honestly the mentality is very irritating, what's up the Nigerians and this archaic mentality that a young player isn't ready until he "slowly grows up" very idiotic way of limiting someone's star and talent... if the average French coach or fans were thinking in such myopic way, we won't see a 19 year Mbappe doing the business and now making history for himself by playing in a world cup final at just 19...we will keep tolerating junks like Ighalo because he is "experienced" and in return get nothing but diminishing returns, I'm glad a lot of forward thinking Nigerians know better now.


You and Osita are talking nonsense. You're bringing up Mbappe that was bought for $172m by PSG, and using that as an example for Taiwo that isn't eligible for a work permit at Liverpool yet. Where did I make any reference to his age as a determining factor? You guys just come on the internet to argue over stuff without even thinking. Moving along.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9010
This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7509
Thumbs up on this move for Awoniyi if it comes through.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36629
Location: UK
Cally wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.


Far better than Ighalo


Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.


Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.

Honestly the mentality is very irritating, what's up the Nigerians and this archaic mentality that a young player isn't ready until he "slowly grows up" very idiotic way of limiting someone's star and talent... if the average French coach or fans were thinking in such myopic way, we won't see a 19 year Mbappe doing the business and now making history for himself by playing in a world cup final at just 19...we will keep tolerating junks like Ighalo because he is "experienced" and in return get nothing but diminishing returns, I'm glad a lot of forward thinking Nigerians know better now.


You and Osita are talking nonsense. You're bringing up Mbappe that was bought for $172m by PSG, and using that as an example for Taiwo that isn't eligible for a work permit at Liverpool yet. Where did I make any reference to his age as a determining factor? You guys just come on the internet to argue over stuff without even thinking. Moving along.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 42206
ANC wrote:
This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.


Is the national team the place to nurture players? Did the French National team coach nurture Mbape or Pogba? :mad:

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2579
1naija wrote:
ANC wrote:
This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.


Is the national team the place to nurture players? Did the French National team coach nurture Mbape or Pogba? :mad:


When you don't have a working league you need somewhere to fall back on and get support.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group