Awoniyi to Extend Stay At Liverpool - Loaned to Monaco

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Awoniyi to Extend Stay At Liverpool - Loaned to Monaco

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Is this team good enough:

**********************Awoniyi******************Onyekuru*****************************

****************************************Nwakali*****************************************

***************************Etebo***********************Ndidi****************************

***Leftback******************************************************************Ebuehi***

*****************Omeruo****************Ekong******************Awaziem*************

***********************************************Uzoho*************************************

Changes need to be made as Cameroon 2019 approaches. Time to weed out the old guard!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Is this loan move even confirmed?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

maceo4 wrote:Is this loan move even confirmed?
Deal still in the works:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/eme ... -contract/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

marutimon wrote:
1naija wrote:
ANC wrote:This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.
Is the national team the place to nurture players? Did the French National team coach nurture Mbape or Pogba? :mad:
When you don't have a working league you need somewhere to fall back on and get support.
And that place is the Super Eagles? There were 11 promising players on that Awoniyi U17 team? Should all them be nurtured in the National team as well?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marutimon wrote:
1naija wrote:
ANC wrote:This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.
Is the national team the place to nurture players? Did the French National team coach nurture Mbape or Pogba? :mad:
When you don't have a working league you need somewhere to fall back on and get support.
The national team is not where to fall back and get support. You do that in your club. The fact that anyone will compare the Mbape situation (a player who excelled at Monaco and PSG) to a relatively unproven talent like Awoniyi is pure lunacy.

Age is not that relevant, yes. But what is your body of work? In other words what is on your CV relative to job requirements!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ighalo is the butt of jokes and justifiably. But he did merit his inclusion based on a combination of his overall body of work as a professional, his contribution during the qualifying process and comparison to the available options.

That said, it's time to move on from him and hopefully provide opportunities for the likes of Awoniyi, Osimen, et al.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

green4life wrote: The national team is not where to fall back and get support. You do that in your club. The fact that anyone will compare the Mbape situation (a player who excelled at Monaco and PSG) to a relatively unproven talent like Awoniyi is pure lunacy.

Age is not that relevant, yes. But what is your body of work? In other words what is on your CV relative to job requirements!
:clap: :clap:
Preach, my broda preach
Some of your countrymen dey just talk
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote:

Uzoho
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Cally wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.
Far better than Ighalo
Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.
Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.
Honestly the mentality is very irritating, what's up the Nigerians and this archaic mentality that a young player isn't ready until he "slowly grows up" very idiotic way of limiting someone's star and talent... if the average French coach or fans were thinking in such myopic way, we won't see a 19 year Mbappe doing the business and now making history for himself by playing in a world cup final at just 19...we will keep tolerating junks like Ighalo because he is "experienced" and in return get nothing but diminishing returns, I'm glad a lot of forward thinking Nigerians know better now.
You and Osita are talking nonsense. You're bringing up Mbappe that was bought for $172m by PSG, and using that as an example for Taiwo that isn't eligible for a work permit at Liverpool yet. Where did I make any reference to his age as a determining factor? You guys just come on the internet to argue over stuff without even thinking. Moving along.

This same awoniyi on current form just before the World Cup scored 9 goals with lots of assist and was like the third top scorer in Belgium. This is the same person you said he will ‘ slowly ‘ grow while his colleague Igahlo was not scoring for a long time in friendlies for SE. yes currently awoniyi is our mbappe , but more effective that Igahlo. You are clueless in your discussions because we are looking at Nigeria talented strikers left out by the incompetent Gohr.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote: This same awoniyi on current form just before the World Cup scored 9 goals with lots of assist and was like the third top scorer in Belgium. This is the same person you said he will ‘ slowly ‘ grow while his colleague Igahlo was not scoring for a long time in friendlies for SE. yes currently awoniyi is our mbappe , but more effective that Igahlo. You are clueless in your discussions because we are looking at Nigeria talented strikers left out by the incompetent Gohr.
ABEGGI!!!!!
When did Awoniyi ever become a bonafide, uncontestable replacement option for Ighalo? And where were you to be found loudly making his case before the World Cup?
He was not EVER in the picture!

Hindsight is a great thing and I am certain the whole country would have come down heavily on you and Rohr if Ighalo had been dropped and the kid was given the responsibility of knocking in the goals in Russia.

Please, let's not act wise after the event. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
osita wrote: This same awoniyi on current form just before the World Cup scored 9 goals with lots of assist and was like the third top scorer in Belgium. This is the same person you said he will ‘ slowly ‘ grow while his colleague Igahlo was not scoring for a long time in friendlies for SE. yes currently awoniyi is our mbappe , but more effective that Igahlo. You are clueless in your discussions because we are looking at Nigeria talented strikers left out by the incompetent Gohr.
ABEGGI!!!!!
When did Awoniyi ever become a bonafide, uncontestable replacement option for Ighalo? And where were you to be found loudly making his case before the World Cup?

Hindsight is a great thing and I am certain the whole country would have come down heavily on you and Rohr if Ighalo had been dropped and the kid was given the responsibility of knocking in the goals in Russia.

Dude, I don't think so. Rohr dropped the ball on this one. All could see Ighalo didnt have it. I was calling for this boy before the WC.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
ABEGGI!!!!!

This is normal for Nigerian fans :lol: :lol:
Going by Numbers alone... Awoniyi didn't have a chance of making the team. Ighalo didn't play well but then neither did Ihenacho who by all intents and purposes is a better player and a class finisher. No one seems to be talking about this.
For me there was no other striker who did enough to dislodge Ighalo. Awoniyi or even Sadiq might have been better but we would never know because Ighalo was the best we had at that point based on form.

Player----------Apps----------Goals

Ighalo-----------91-------------35
Mbappe---------104------------48
Awoniyi---------67--------------14
YNWA
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

heavyd, why bother arguing reality with emotional folks.
Ighalo showed promise in the qualifiers as did Iheanacho, but both fluffed in Russia.
Our problem is hyping our players beyond their true potential, and wondering why their
real value was exposed at the WC.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

4-5-1

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
V Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi, Nwakili, Onyekuru
Iheanacho or Awoniyi

or 3-5-2