Awoniyi to Extend Stay At Liverpool - Loaned to Monaco

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Awoniyi to Extend Stay At Liverpool - Loaned to Monaco

Post by Shownoja »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip
Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Barcelona and Inter Milan are likely to miss out on 20-year-old Nigerian forward Taiwo Awoniyi, who is set to sign a new deal with Liverpool which could lead to a loan move to Monaco. (Teamtalk)
Sounds like a good move. Emenalo being there might help him settle, and if he has a good season, might get the exposure to either get a decent permanent move or an opportunity for playing time with Liverpool. Whichever way, his stock is rising.
To stop trying is to start dying
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Awoniyi to Extend Stay At Liverpool - Loaned to Monaco

Post by truetalk »

Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

bully12 wrote:That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.
Nwakali to Porto and Onyekuru to Galatasaray are not lateral.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

marutimon wrote:
bully12 wrote:That's definitely a great move. If he can break into Monaco team then the sky will be his limit. That's the kind of move I wish Nwakali and Onyekuru should make not this lateral stupid moves they are always making.
Maybe to you it is not both moves did not come up to my expectation especially that of Onyekuru.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Maybe to you it is not both moves did not come up to my expectation especially that of Onyekuru.
Ever think its your expectation that is off? Where exactly did you expect these players to land?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Liverpool should sell him to a club like Monaco that can nurture him.
Hope he does well at Monaco with Emenalo running things.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

marutimon wrote:

Anderlect to Galatasaray move is a lateral move. Playing one or 2 champions league game should not be the basis of any player to move to a lower league.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

1naija wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Anderlect to Galatasaray move is a lateral move. Playing one or 2 champions league game should not be the basis of any player to move to a lower league.
Would have agreed with you, but Paulinho proves that talent always shines through.
To stop trying is to start dying
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

truetalk wrote:Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Any 2 from Awoniyi, Osimhen and Martins would have added bite to the account. The first two should be integrated into the SE asap, all things equal.
Far better than Ighalo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Care to remind us what your position was when Iheanacho first moved to mighty Man City?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:
truetalk wrote:Injury happened at a bad time (plus Rohr was not looking his way), but Awoniyi would have been much better than Ighalo in Russia.

Far better than Ighalo
Hindsight.
Were you not here when Martins was suggested a few weeks before the WC official list was announced?
The reaction was like an Imam being invited to church on Sunday. :lol:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
Hindsight.
Were you not here when Martins was suggested a few weeks before the WC official list was announced?
I know you're not referring to me Dr. Damunk. I have always said on here that Ighalo's goal against Cameroon was a Siren's song and I knew the dummy Rohr was captivated.

Martins & Awoniyi got injured so it was moot. I've always said that Martins, Ike Uche & Osaze had all the quality to keep Nigeria a top global side from about 2004, but just never zoned in on the National cause. If they had stepped up, people like Ighalo had no business being on a 50 man Nigerian longlist.

& yes Awoniyi has already done a lot more in Nigerian colours than Ighalo ever will. No hating on Odion, who is a genuinely nice guy.
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
Hindsight.
I know you're not referring to me Dr. Damunk. I have always said on here that Ighalo's goal against Cameroon was a Siren's song and I knew the dummy Rohr was captivated.

Martins & Awoniyi got injured so it was moot. I've always said that Martins, Ike Uche & Osaze had all the quality to keep Nigeria a top global side from about 2004, but just never zoned in on the National cause. If they has stepped up, people like Ighalo had no business being on a 50 man Nigerian longlist.

& yes Awoniyi has already done a lot more in Nigerian colours than Ighalo ever will. No hating on Odion, who is a genuinely nice guy.
No, not referring to you o.
Was only wondering whether you recall the hostility when Martins' name was brought up just prior to his injury.
Meanwhile, I started a thread 'Zero Shots On Target' back in March after the friendly game vs Poland.
They said it "was not a problem", probably because we won.
'Zero Shots On Target Is A Serious Discussion Point'
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28714S

Zee: "We have no problem with scoring"
Danfo driver: "And so what?"
Ohenhen1; "There is no problem. It was a friendly"
Coach: "Sorry Damunk but you’re way off the mark here."
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Cally wrote:
osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
Taiwo is a young man I believe in, but you guys should please stop this "better than Ighalo" nonsense. The young man is slowly and steadily growing. he's not near Ighalo's level yet.
Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.

I don’t blame Igahlo,I blame that incompetent coach called Gohr for not having the ability to pick the right talents.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
Slowly? Are you of the school that he is young? While Mdappe is 19 years? U are clowns that are destroying Nigerian footy with a gutter mentality of he is slowly growing. To 40 years? If you are 17 years and have the ablity you should be tried , and yes awoniyi is far better than Igahlo in many skill set.
Honestly the mentality is very irritating, what's up the Nigerians and this archaic mentality that a young player isn't ready until he "slowly grows up" very idiotic way of limiting someone's star and talent... if the average French coach or fans were thinking in such myopic way, we won't see a 19 year Mbappe doing the business and now making history for himself by playing in a world cup final at just 19...we will keep tolerating junks like Ighalo because he is "experienced" and in return get nothing but diminishing returns, I'm glad a lot of forward thinking Nigerians know better now.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Tobi17 wrote:
osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
Honestly the mentality is very irritating, what's up the Nigerians and this archaic mentality that a young player isn't ready until he "slowly grows up" very idiotic way of limiting someone's star and talent... if the average French coach or fans were thinking in such myopic way, we won't see a 19 year Mbappe doing the business and now making history for himself by playing in a world cup final at just 19...we will keep tolerating junks like Ighalo because he is "experienced" and in return get nothing but diminishing returns, I'm glad a lot of forward thinking Nigerians know better now.
You and Osita are talking nonsense. You're bringing up Mbappe that was bought for $172m by PSG, and using that as an example for Taiwo that isn't eligible for a work permit at Liverpool yet. Where did I make any reference to his age as a determining factor? You guys just come on the internet to argue over stuff without even thinking. Moving along.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Thumbs up on this move for Awoniyi if it comes through.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cally wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
osita wrote:
Cally wrote:
osita wrote:

Far better than Ighalo
You and Osita are talking nonsense. You're bringing up Mbappe that was bought for $172m by PSG, and using that as an example for Taiwo that isn't eligible for a work permit at Liverpool yet. Where did I make any reference to his age as a determining factor? You guys just come on the internet to argue over stuff without even thinking. Moving along.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ANC wrote:This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.
Is the national team the place to nurture players? Did the French National team coach nurture Mbape or Pogba? :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

1naija wrote:
ANC wrote:This is the reason Rohr has to go. I have not seen the young man play since the U-17, but I saw enough to know if nurtured and given the opportunity he would deliver. I was rewatching the Island game...I couldnt help but notice how slow Ighalo was and at top speed.
Is the national team the place to nurture players? Did the French National team coach nurture Mbape or Pogba? :mad:
When you don't have a working league you need somewhere to fall back on and get support.