Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14390
Coach wrote:
Martinez has himself to blame, how many matches had Dembele played? He was clearly lacking match sharpness and it showed...these are the sort of brain farts that had England hoping he’d be in the opposite dugout on World Cup final day.

Mazi, are we taking bet on Engerund to rin it all? :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28633
@Tf, watch OUR 'Arrys, Hendo, Delboy, Jesse, Sterzee, Stonesy tomorrow.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
York.
York who?
Yorkshire. Maguire, Delph. Tough as old boots. Men.

Matchday breakfast, what was that Luka, low fat soft cheese over a wholegrain croissant? F*ck off! Beans, bacon, sausage, tomartuz (not tomatoes, theres a difference), toast, white bread. Butter, thickly spread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29425
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Can't blame nobody.

There was a very miniscule margin for winning this game and once it fell to France, they killed it. It matters not who the personnel were on the pitch. They all deserved to play and it could have gone either way. If Nigeria lost like that, I'd go to bed everyday a happy bunny.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:27 am
Posts: 13017
le coqs world cup to lose.......come on france

_________________
Quote:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:02 pm
Posts: 10295
Location: Around the World
I know right..Of course no one on the SE had played any football before this World Cup and they did not have any games together for the 2 years Rohr was coach.

FYI I can think of at least 6 players who started for France against Nigeria in 2014, who did not even make the trip to Russia. People like Mbappe were still youth team players

At the end of the day, Winners win, and Losers find excuses, its that simple...

oloye wrote:
juventuss wrote:
nanijoe wrote:
France were the second youngest team in the tournament....

But 2022... experience... here to learn

Yeah I guess playing in the euro 2016 did not help in the team building. This French team just evolved, they did not go through any process...the bane of third world countries. We make a mockery of everything and leave the details out.

_________________
http://www.turenchi.com for Nigerian News


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9311
Coach wrote:
Martinez has himself to blame, how many matches had Dembele played? He was clearly lacking match sharpness and it showed...these are the sort of brain farts that had England hoping he’d be in the opposite dugout on World Cup final day.

France was the better side in a closely matched game. They simply had just that bit more quality than Belgium. Sometimes you have to put your hand up and accept you were beaten by a better side instead of nitpicking who to blame. I think Martinez got the very best out of this group of players, but their run came to an end against a superior side. I thought Brazil was also marginally better, but Belgium were lucky on that occasion with at least one legit penalty call for Brazil being ignored by the ref and VAR team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 6552
SE could have easily taken care of the French team
Only 2 of the french players could have made it in the SE squad
Obi is better than Pogba

_________________
Boycott Russia 2018


Last edited by Rawlings on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14390
Rawlings wrote:
SE could have easily taken care of the French team
One about 2 of the french players could have made it in the SE squad
Obi is better than Pogba

You're quite boring, you recognise that?

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14390
Coach wrote:
@Tf, watch OUR 'Arrys, Hendo, Delboy, Jesse, Sterzee, Stonesy tomorrow.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
York.
York who?
Yorkshire. Maguire, Delph. Tough as old boots. Men.

Matchday breakfast, what was that Luka, low fat soft cheese over a wholegrain croissant? F*ck off! Beans, bacon, sausage, tomartuz (not tomatoes, theres a difference), toast, white bread. Butter, thickly spread.

Mazi, forget your knock knock jokes. Are you betting on Ingerund to rin it all? :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9311
Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
England go hia wien.

I beg make dem no just qualify....anything can happen in the final.....let Croatia just beat them abeg.


If they do get to the final, this French team will wipe the floor with them. England was lucky to get this far, avoiding all the top 10 teams and suddenly finding themselves in a World Cup Semifinal. However, luck and set-pieces can only carry you up to a point. Eventually you would be found out, except FIFA and their Referees swing it to them. Good thing is, the French shows today they can deal with free-kicks and corner-kicks. And they have a first eleven going into the Final.

I see you're already preparing your excuses just in case they win :rotf: :rotf:

I'm not emotionally invested in who wins this World Cup but was quite happy to see Russia get dumped out. As for the other teams, my support sways even during the match depending on who is playing the better football. I hate teams that try to cheat or deliberately injure opposition players. The best team may not necessarily be the prettiest to watch hence if England proves to be tactically better I can see myself supporting them to win if they get to the final but they have to get past Croatia first.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36051
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Orion wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
England go hia wien.

I beg make dem no just qualify....anything can happen in the final.....let Croatia just beat them abeg.


If they do get to the final, this French team will wipe the floor with them. England was lucky to get this far, avoiding all the top 10 teams and suddenly finding themselves in a World Cup Semifinal. However, luck and set-pieces can only carry you up to a point. Eventually you would be found out, except FIFA and their Referees swing it to them. Good thing is, the French shows today they can deal with free-kicks and corner-kicks. And they have a first eleven going into the Final.

I see you're already preparing your excuses just in case they win :rotf: :rotf:

I'm not emotionally invested in who wins this World Cup but was quite happy to see Russia get dumped out. As for the other teams, my support sways even during the match depending on who is playing the better football. I hate teams that try to cheat or deliberately injure opposition players. The best team may not necessarily be the prettiest to watch hence if England proves to be tactically better I can see myself supporting them to win if they get to the final but they have to get past Croatia first.


:bump: excuses locked and loaded

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29257
Location: Canada
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
France had 18 shots with 4 on target.
Belgium despite all the domination, has 9 shots, 3 on target.


Kante is a proper shield. :clap:

Simply the best DM in the world. Anybody who mentions Busquets again, give the person a slap for me.

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6888
cchinukw wrote:
Can't blame nobody.

There was a very miniscule margin for winning this game and once it fell to France, they killed it. It matters not who the personnel were on the pitch. They all deserved to play and it could have gone either way. If Nigeria lost like that, I'd go to bed everyday a happy bunny.


Please tell them O!

I wonder how people are comparing this to the Sabo job Rohr pulled on us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9230
Margin of error between teams of this calibre are so narrow that all it takes is one mistake or lucky bounce to win a game. Belgium barely beat Brazil and France barely beat Belgium. I wasn't a fan of Martinez's decisions in the previous two matches but I'm not sure what else he could've done differently in this game. France sat back after the goal and there was no room for the their world class attackers to operate. KDB had an awful game and Lukaku got no service. Nonetheless, good showing for Belgium. They know they can compete with the big boys and will be back in Euro 20 and WC 22.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 18648
Location: Cyberspace
charlie wrote:
All these England supporters already looking forward to facing France na wa Ooo.

Keep on disrespecting Croatia. E go do you like film trick...


Leave dem ...

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 18648
Location: Cyberspace
Viva, viva, viva les bleus! Viva!

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9230
Btw, I haven't been able to closely watch this French team so I ask: what do you guys think makes them special? I find them very puzzling to assess. I can point to the strengths of previous WC winners and finalists but am having trouble doing so with this team. Upfront, Giroud is a minus one and offers nothing, Griezmann has disappointed and essentially just been a set piece taker, while Mbappe has had one standout showing (vs Argentina). Their midfield is probably the best in this WC and their defense has been sturdy except for the Argentina game. I think they'll go down as one of the more balanced sides we've seen in recent WCs but one that doesn't have the flare you'd expect from a WC finalist/champion. The scary thing is they've made it this far with relative ease and will have the same core over the next 4-8 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33622
ohsee wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
France had 18 shots with 4 on target.
Belgium despite all the domination, has 9 shots, 3 on target.


Kante is a proper shield. :clap:

Simply the best DM in the world. Anybody who mentions Busquets again, give the person a slap for me.

Uncle how will you rate him in football?Is he the best 3 DM to play them game?
Uncle Fifa should test him,he might be on drugs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28633
@Yeye, don't talk Callum Smith without first discussing the matter of George Grovees #eubankjr. Yes there will be a wager on the whole lot and its coming home, however you're required to wager on the Croatia game, or waive that right, at a cost.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 43133
Location: Akoko Highlands

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36051
Location: Land of the Terrapins
balo wrote:


Giroud spent too much time at Arseanal learning how to throw away chances mschew...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Posts: 10166
Location: Umuda-Isingwu
Image

_________________
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40251
Mbappe is just nasty. Dude no get respect for elders....

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: balo, Bigpokey24, felarey, Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot], metalalloy, oloye and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group