Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Sadiq Umar promises Rangers fans Gerrard loads of goals

Post by DIMKA76 »

ogasir wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Bad move to promise goals. He has moved from a skill based league to a pace based one. Scottish football is very packey. Hope he can cope with the pace.
What if he has pace nko (which he does)?
Then he'll have to be able to employ skills at pace.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Post by Bigpokey24 »

olu wrote:He may be shy, however, I think his brief answers have more to do with his command of English than his personality. I have a feeling he would have given lengthier answers if he was being interviewed in Hausa or pidgin.
wiseone wrote:Seems like a very shy young man. Did not seem to enjoy the Q and A.
WTF :bored:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ukwala wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:Ayo, as usual you miss the point. Our players are playing at a level too low to attract the Bayern Munich, PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan etc. That is why they are moving to clubs like Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow, Galatasaray ext. It is from playing at these clubs that they can attract the big clubs. It is difficult for players to move from clubs like Ado Den Haag to Barcelona or Amker Perm to Bayern Munich but it's possible from Benfica or Lokomotiv Moscow as these clubs play in the elite European club competitions.
The next world cup is 4 years away and there is enough time for our players to join the big clubs but for now they are making good transfers on the back of the world cup.
Dey there dey yarn opaks. Players move from River Plate it Santos to Man City or Real Madrid if they are good enough.

Our talent coming through is just not good enough. Did Mikel or Martins ever play for Porto?
Opals again, River Plate and Santos are big clubs in South America and are the equivalent of the likes of Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow etc.
Martin's started his career with the primavera team of Inter Milan, so it's logical that he started his career with them.
Mikel was the 2nd best player after Messi in the 2005 U20 WC, so he had a stage to attract the big clubs.
Mikel played in Norway.
As pointed out, Mikel's big stage was the u20 wc. Even before then his qualities preceded him. He was already a talent people were talking about and wanted to see the hype.
Norway did not make Mikel. He wasn't even there long.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

olu wrote:He may be shy, however, I think his brief answers have more to do with his command of English than his personality. I have a feeling he would have given lengthier answers if he was being interviewed in Hausa or pidgin.
wiseone wrote:Seems like a very shy young man. Did not seem to enjoy the Q and A.
They are often told what to say before the interviews...that is why all of them appear to say the same thing. The club do have media officers and one of the things they do with young players like this especially coming into a new club is to brief them what the interview would look like and how they are to answer. They are encouraged not to say too much be not to answer questions they are not comfortable with.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

aruako1 wrote:
john12 wrote:I take 1 week break and these crooks returned with their crooked idea. Let me be clear, anyone that says Nigeria should invite a player to get caps in order to facilitate his Work permit in Epl is a pathological CROOK, AGENT, Thief, BARAWO, ONYEORY, oleburuku absolutely no if or but. Infact, I dare rohr do some crooked thing like that and see what will happen. The nerves of agents and crooks on this side because if coaches were to be inviting players to national team to facilitate their work permit at epl what’s the critical for that invitation? No one dare say some nonsense like that again and national team isn’t a place to facilitate work permit
You really take yourself too seriously.
He projects onto others what he is.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oloye wrote:
Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oloye wrote:Why na so so loan our players dey? Small time we will start to dream that they are world class materials. I am tired of all these loan deals abeg.
I agree. He should’ve signed with Bayern.
Not necessarily, I just think a permanent move is always in their best interest. It takes players time to settle down in a new environment , some of them a whole season. I don't see these loan helps....imagine having to moblve to start all over again in another team just about the time you are beginning to settle into the system.
Some of our players could have been helped by our FA.

Invite them for national team duties so as to help them qualify for work permits.

I would have taken Sadiq of Simi...
This is not an option. The NT is not for agents to use in getting their ward work permit.
Au contraire, the US does it for some of their special players who needed national team invites to qualify for Work permits, especially in the UK.
My dear Cellular, to start with it we need to be careful when we make these comparisons while ignoring the real problem we have on the ground. That US does it, does not make it something we should be doing..otherwise what stops every d#$% , tom and harry from ...aghh let me not even go on.

We are still trying to master the democracy they gave us..and now you want to add this one on top of our football issues..mba mba nunu :D
Self defeatist logic. So the federal and state governments should stop awarding scholarships to students because every t, d & h wants one. There are criteria for doing anything that needs to be done in the National Interest. There are certain players with unquestionable potential who we know will become invaluable to us if they continue to develop positively. No stone should be left unturned to help them reach their potential. So, players like that, Onyekuru and Nwakali come to mind, who require assistance to play in the must competitive leagues ought to get it :!:

Cheers.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Rangers playing Osijek - Europa

Osijek has Henty and Rangers have Ejaria

Sadiq not in the team..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm Steven G has his work cut out this Rangers team no sabi play o

I hope Sadiq does well sha

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Steven G is he a good coach?Someone once accused him that he doesn't like black players.
So how come he is signing black players?Just asking
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Didnt fully understand the questions asked but made the effort to give the generic answers expected. Lots of Nollywood, Ini Edo/Emeka Ike eye movements. Best of luck to the lad. As for Gerrard, all the early signs suggest he's going to struggle, were carved apart at will yesterday, how they emerged victorious is a mystery.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Coach wrote:Didnt fully understand the questions asked but made the effort to give the generic answers expected. Lots of Nollywood, Ini Edo/Emeka Ike eye movements. Best of luck to the lad. As for Gerrard, all the early signs suggest he's going to struggle, were carved apart at will yesterday, how they emerged victorious is a mystery.
The thing na real mystery...I hope for Sadiq's sake he ( Gerrard) knows what he is doing :(

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@SLK, Gerrard is amassing recruits at a phenomenal rate, with barely enough time to know his best 11. Expect nothing innovative at Ibrox, just much of the same, with a bit more animation from the touchline. Anything less than second and sustained challenge for first, will be seen as a failure. Gerrard has a huge task on his hands.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:Ayo, as usual you miss the point. Our players are playing at a level too low to attract the Bayern Munich, PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan etc. That is why they are moving to clubs like Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow, Galatasaray ext. It is from playing at these clubs that they can attract the big clubs. It is difficult for players to move from clubs like Ado Den Haag to Barcelona or Amker Perm to Bayern Munich but it's possible from Benfica or Lokomotiv Moscow as these clubs play in the elite European club competitions.
The next world cup is 4 years away and there is enough time for our players to join the big clubs but for now they are making good transfers on the back of the world cup.

Dammy,

I am not sure that those "big" clubs have a list of clubs from which they recruit. However, I agree that they are likely to sign a player outright to their main squad when a player performs consistently at the ECL for example or WC. Recently, Bayern signed a 17-year old Ghanaian/Canadian from the MLS but I believe they will send him on loan but a kid like that they will sign even from Amker if they feel there is huge potential. See the story below:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-trans ... ps-reports

BTW, one of the stunning data that I read recently is that Ghana is #5 and Senegal #9 in providing players (expatriate) to the top division of 31 European countries. This is research data from the CIES Observatory. Note that only Spain, France, The Netherlands, and Germany did better than Ghana. Note the following according to the researchers: ""This reveals the top-level quality of the training programs developed in these countries.." This does not even account for the talented African players who move to lower division just for economic reasons. Those are missing from the data. Meanwhile, our guys rubbish football as played in Africa. IMHO, it is time that some of the narratives about our football begin to change and match realities on the ground.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sadiq is a humble young man. There's nothing wrong with his command of the English language.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Enugu II wrote:

Dammy,

I am not sure that those "big" clubs have a list of clubs from which they recruit. However, I agree that they are likely to sign a player outright to their main squad when a player performs consistently at the ECL for example or WC. Recently, Bayern signed a 17-year old Ghanaian/Canadian from the MLS but I believe they will send him on loan but a kid like that they will sign even from Amker if they feel there is huge potential. See the story below:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-trans ... ps-reports

BTW, one of the stunning data that I read recently is that Ghana is #5 and Senegal #9 in providing players (expatriate) to the top division of 31 European countries. This is research data from the CIES Observatory. Note that only Spain, France, The Netherlands, and Germany did better than Ghana. Note the following according to the researchers: ""This reveals the top-level quality of the training programs developed in these countries.." This does not even account for the talented African players who move to lower division just for economic reasons. Those are missing from the data. Meanwhile, our guys rubbish football as played in Africa. IMHO, it is time that some of the narratives about our football begin to change and match realities on the ground.
Kpom!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Normally the 'rubbishing' comes from folks that never played street 'choosing' in Nigeria...............Just don't take them too serious.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

British Home Office grants Sadiq Umar work permit enabling him to play for Glasgow Rangers - See more at: https://goo.gl/LRwF9h

I look forward to seeing Sadiq play. Let us see if he gets his Rangers career off to a bang with a goal in the Europa League on Thursday.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:British Home Office grants Sadiq Umar work permit enabling him to play for Glasgow Rangers - See more at: https://goo.gl/LRwF9h

I look forward to seeing Sadiq play. Let us see if he gets his Rangers career off to a bang with a goal in the Europa League on Thursday.

Umar apparently scored today in his first game action for Glasgow Rangers as they thrashed Wigan 3-0.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:British Home Office grants Sadiq Umar work permit enabling him to play for Glasgow Rangers - See more at: https://goo.gl/LRwF9h

Umar apparently scored today in his first game action for Glasgow Rangers as they thrashed Wigan 3-0.
Not showing his goal on livescore.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mystic wrote:

Not showing his goal on livescore.

I think he was initially credited with the goal (from the reports that I saw) but now being recorded as an own goal. I have just viewed the match highlights and it was indeed an own goal. Both Sadiq and his marker went for the ball and the poor Wigan defender nodded into his own net.