Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Post by Eaglezbeak »

oloye wrote:Why na so so loan our players dey? Small time we will start to dream that they are world class materials. I am tired of all these loan deals abeg.
They can't just join Barcelona for your pleasure,this is real life and beggars are not choosers if in the next 3 years we have 4 players playing regulary for top clubs (in Europe as Nigeria is not even a training ground these days) and a few that are regulars in top leagues we can say they should be ambitious enough to prove their class!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:Why na so so loan our players dey? Small time we will start to dream that they are world class materials. I am tired of all these loan deals abeg.
I believe there is an element of oju kokoro on the part of the clubs loaning out their players.
They don't want to let them go until they are absolutely sure they are not required, whilst at the same time shifting the financial responsibilities over to the club the players are loaned out to.
That way, if the player blows up, they reclaim their t'ing one time and don't lose out.

I'm sure Chelsea in hindsight are thinking they woulda, shoulda, coulda been a little more patient with De Bryne and Mo Salah instead of getting rid of them outright after briefly loaning them out.

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING

Oh, BTW, wasn't Lukaku there too?
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I believe there is an element of oju kokoro on the part of the clubs loaning out their players.
They don't want to let them go until they are absolutely sure they are not required, whilst at the same time shifting the financial responsibilities over to the club the players are loaned out to.
That way, if the player blows up, they reclaim their t'ing one time and don't lose out.

I'm sure Chelsea in hindsight are thinking they woulda, shoulda, coulda been a little more patient with De Bryne and Mo Salah instead of getting rid of them outright after briefly loaning them out.

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING

Oh, BTW, wasn't Lukaku there too?
Bell
You're right. He was.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Harry Maguire, two years ago, in the (Omeruoh shouldn’t go to the) Championship. Tomorrow, playing at a stage of the Mundial Nigeria have never reached. Yes, let’s keep pumping them off to Reals and Man Cities. Games bring development, sitting on a bench in a fancy training suit does sod all for professional development.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Coach wrote:Harry Maguire, two years ago, in the (Omeruoh shouldn’t go to the) Championship. Tomorrow, playing at a stage of the Mundial Nigeria have never reached. Yes, let’s keep pumping them off to Reals and Man Cities. Games bring development, ]sitting on a bench in a fancy training suit does sod all for professional development.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Harry McGuire's story is interesting.
Totally forgot where he came from in so short a time.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
They can't just join Barcelona for your pleasure,this is real life and beggars are not choosers if in the next 3 years we have 4 players playing regulary for top clubs (in Europe as Nigeria is not even a training ground these days) and a few that are regulars in top leagues we can say they should be ambitious enough to prove their class!
I guess you read my comments and you managed to convince yourself that the line of argument you have taken is what I implied with my comment.....this is the bane of Nigerian society, rather than ask for clarification people simply run ahead projecting their view totally changing the narrative.

My protest is the loan system that hardly helps the development of player. If you look closely you will see those who are bashing the club he has signed for, that was not my argument.

Read my post again.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
Coach wrote:Harry Maguire, two years ago, in the (Omeruoh shouldn’t go to the) Championship. Tomorrow, playing at a stage of the Mundial Nigeria have never reached. Yes, let’s keep pumping them off to Reals and Man Cities. Games bring development, ]sitting on a bench in a fancy training suit does sod all for professional development.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Harry McGuire's story is interesting.
Totally forgot where he came from in so short a time.
Harry came from.Hull,he was one of the standout performers in the relegated Hull team...followed him since, what caught my eyes was how good he is with the ball. He looked a bit clumsy then,but was comfortable with the ball at his feet and was a decent defender then.

Leicester got a bargain when they snapped him up when Hull went down.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
I agree. He should’ve signed with Bayern.
Not necessarily, I just think a permanent move is always in their best interest. It takes players time to settle down in a new environment , some of them a whole season. I don't see these loan helps....imagine having to moblve to start all over again in another team just about the time you are beginning to settle into the system.
Some of our players could have been helped by our FA.

Invite them for national team duties so as to help them qualify for work permits.

I would have taken Sadiq of Simi...
Bro,
I disagree. Why should the national team invite players just to get work permit. If you are good enough, you would be invited and you would get a work permit.

And why Sadiq over Simi? Sadiq struggled to score one goal in the Serie A, Simi did it 7 times and even more goals than Sadiq scored in the dutch league.
But those that are not invited have better playing ability than some of those invited.
Carrying forward average players year after year does no good.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Oguleftie wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
Not necessarily, I just think a permanent move is always in their best interest. It takes players time to settle down in a new environment , some of them a whole season. I don't see these loan helps....imagine having to moblve to start all over again in another team just about the time you are beginning to settle into the system.

Invite them for national team duties so as to help them qualify for work permits.

Bro,
I disagree. Why should the national team invite players just to get work permit. If you are good enough, you would be invited and you would get a work permit.

And why Sadiq over Simi? Sadiq struggled to score one goal in the Serie A, Simi did it 7 times and even more goals than Sadiq scored in the dutch league.
But those that are not invited have better playing ability than some of those invited.
The problem here was never Simy (who never got a chance to shine), but Misses Ighalo. You can't go far in a competition if your striker can't score goals, unless you have support from the likes of Mbappe, Griezmann, Pogba...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Oguleftie wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Bro,

But isn't this exactly what the armchair 'experts' were saying about Ahmed Musa?
In fact, he was their embodiment of everything negative, including the factors you mention here: not being worthy f a place and being 'carried' because of quota system.

No, seriously...were you one of them?

Just asking, because everybody has an opinion and very few are willing to concede that their opinions are no more valid than those arguing the exact opposite.

Forgive me though if you are being sarcastic, which is a possibility.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I watch his highlights from Nac Breda. I also remember his Olympics.
The guy has a great touch for someone his height, is superb on the ball, has technique...

I look at this and see what we missed in Russia:
[/video]
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

marutimon wrote:I watch his highlights from Nac Breda. I also remember his Olympics.
The guy has a great touch for someone his height, is superb on the ball, has technique...

I look at this and see what we missed in Russia:
[/video]
Hmmm... The Sadiq that was in the same league as Simi ? Tha Sadiq that Simi scored more goals than in the best defensive league in the world ? Sadiq even went to Holland and scored less goals than Simi !!

Unless you are insinuating that Musa, Ighalo or Iheanacho should have been dropped for Sadiq + Simi ni o :woot: :woot:

Hmmmm
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I honestly would have loved to see Simy get more of a chance.

But:
Sadiq Umar - 5 goals, 3 assists in Eredivisie in 621 minutes.

Simy - 7 goals, 1 assist in Serie A in 1224 minutes.

It previous obvious who the better bet for the future is.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

marutimon wrote:I honestly would have loved to see Simy get more of a chance.

But:
Sadiq Umar - 5 goals, 3 assists in Eredivisie in 621 minutes.

Simy - 7 goals, 1 assist in Serie A in 1224 minutes.

It previous obvious who the better bet for the future is.
I thought strikers were measured in goals ..? You should put the minutes sadiq played in seria a without a goal.. to start with..

Then add the time he played in Eredivisie ... after that ..

Tell us you were planning for the future ..not playing to win WC...

Then tell us ..Why you are adding age and how that even factors in the future because it is subjective.....

So you see if you factor all this into it and still think Simi should have been dropped for Sadiq ...that na your shelenge ...
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Siddonlook11 wrote:I thought strikers were measured in goals ..? You should put the minutes sadiq played in seria a without a goal.. to start with..

Then add the time he played in Eredivisie ... after that ..

Tell us you were planning for the future ..not playing to win WC...

Then tell us ..Why you are adding age and how that even factors in the future because it is subjective.....

So you see if you factor all this into it and still think Simi should have been dropped for Sadiq ...that na your shelenge ...
I don't think Simy should be dropped. Simy was the logical choice. Him, Umar and Awoniyi.

Sadiq Umar has 643 minutes of Serie A football with 2 goals and 1 assist.
Simy is obviously ahead with 11 goals and 1 assist with 1800 minutes played for Crotone.

But Simy will be 30 by 2022, Umar will be 25. You can't not see that Simy is not a long term choice.

Again - Simy should have been given more of a chance, especially compared to Ighalo.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

This is definitely moving in very negative direction . This guy for Italian league to Netherland now Scottish league .People are happy about it. If you asking he is definitely regressing instead of progressing. Look at Salah Mohammed for Basel to Chelsea to Napoli the Leverpool . That's what is called moving in right and upward direction. Unlike the ones our boys are always making. I don't know.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I'm very pleased for Sadiq. This is a great move for him.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Bro,

Chair, it is about fit. Teams do it often... they sometimes drop players who might be high performers at club level but terrible fit at international level. This World Cup had a couple of examples.

We claimed we were building for the future.

There are identified players we need them to continue improving in order to give us a better chance in the future.

It is not altruism for NFF to use the National Team to improve the chances of such players to get work permit.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Our dearth of talent is a serious matter oooooo. No world class player, no one who can get into the team of PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich or Man City and no one who could make the 23 of say Germany, France, Belgium, Brazil or Spain.

Now, can we cobble together a team on limited talent who will fight it out and get results like say Sweden or Mexico? Yes we could but that is not the answer. For a nation of 180m people where football has a religious following, the goal has got to be to produce world class talents that are favourites to win the World Cup.

Basically, we need to unearth talent of the calibre of Okocha and Kanu. All these "manage" players are not the answer. You can tell world class talent immediately you see it!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Our dearth of talent is a serious matter oooooo. No world class player, no one who can get into the team of PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich or Man City and no one who could make the 23 of say Germany, France, Belgium, Brazil or Spain.

Now, can we cobble together a team on limited talent who will fight it out and get results like say Sweden or Mexico? Yes we could but that is not the answer. For a nation of 180m people where football has a religious following, the goal has got to be to produce world class talents that are favourites to win the World Cup.

Basically, we need to unearth talent of the calibre of Okocha and Kanu. All these "manage" players are not the answer. You can tell world class talent immediately you see it!
Ndidi would make any team in the world. The only players he might not displace from the starting line up are Kante and Casemiro.

Anyone who claims differently is delusional. Also players like Victor Moses or Alex Iwobi start in the quality of teams of PSG etc. You just excluded Chelsea and Arsenal because it didn't fit your argument.

Onyekuru is another with a high potential level as is Nwakali.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Our dearth of talent is a serious matter oooooo. No world class player, no one who can get into the team of PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich or Man City and no one who could make the 23 of say Germany, France, Belgium, Brazil or Spain.

Ndidi would make any team in the world. The only players he might not displace from the starting line up are Kante and Casemiro.

Anyone who claims differently is delusional. Also players like Victor Moses or Alex Iwobi start in the quality of teams of PSG etc. You just excluded Chelsea and Arsenal because it didn't fit your argument.

Onyekuru is another with a high potential level as is Nwakali.
See am dey talk Arsenal! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I am talking of quality sides with world class talent. Ndidi should get there but he is still a job in the making.

Iwobi does not fill me with any confidence. Moses simply lacks the desire to want to become world class. he goes missing at times when you need him to stand up and be counted!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

There has been a lot of negative comments about Sadiq's move to Rangers and Onyekuru's proposed move to Galatasaray. IMO, these are good moves for young players going to clubs where the expectations are high.
The demands and pressure from playing for these clubs would help them cope with the pressure that comes from playing for Nigeria.
Both clubs have a huge base of demanding fans. I would prefer our players If they go to the smaller leagues to play for the big teams I.e. Scotland (Celtic and Rangers), Holland ( PSV, Ajax and Feyernood), Portugal ( Benfica, Porto or Sporting Lisbon), Belgium ( Anderlecht, FC Brugges or Standard Liege ), Russia ( Lokomotiv, Spartan, CSKA or Zenith St. Petersburg ), Greece (Olympiakos or Panathinaikos) Turkey ( Galatasaray, Fernabache or Besiktas)etc. These clubs will give them the necessary platform for their next level.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:There has been a lot of negative comments about Sadiq's move to Rangers and Onyekuru's proposed move to Galatasaray. IMO, these are good moves for young players going to clubs where the expectations are high.
The demands and pressure from playing for these clubs would help them cope with the pressure that comes from playing for Nigeria.
Both clubs have a huge base of demanding fans. I would prefer our players If they go to the smaller leagues to play for the big teams I.e. Scotland (Celtic and Rangers), Holland ( PSV, Ajax and Feyernood), Portugal ( Benfica, Porto or Sporting Lisbon), Belgium ( Anderlecht, FC Brugges or Standard Liege ), Russia ( Lokomotiv, Spartan, CSKA or Zenith St. Petersburg ), Greece (Olympiakos or Panathinaikos) Turkey ( Galatasaray, Fernabache or Besiktas)etc. These clubs will give them the necessary platform for their next level.

You are missing the point big time. Look at the teams in the quarter finals of the World Cup and see where their players ply their trade.

When you examine the number of teams with about 16 players at PSG, Bayern Munich, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Juventus, Inter Milan, etc, you will appreciate how far behind Nigeria has fallen from the 1990s. Just take the Croatian team for instance and it should embarrass you to talk about clubs like Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, Benfica, Anderlecht, FC Brugges, Standard Liege, Lokomotiv, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, etc.