WHY NO FIFA GESTURE FOR THE THAI BOYS?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
WHY NO FIFA GESTURE FOR THE THAI BOYS?

Post by Bell »

I'm surprised FIFA hasn't done anything to acknowledge the ordeal of the 12 Thai soccer players and their coach, even at the risk that some might view it with cynicism. After all, they are soccer players and the ordeal is taking place during soccer's greatest show. I'm sure the instinct for some kind of gesture would have kicked in if the kids were from Europe or N. America.
Bell
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHY NO FIFA GESTURE FOR THE THAI BOYS?

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bell wrote:I'm surprised FIFA hasn't done anything to acknowledge the ordeal of the 12 Thai soccer players and their coach, even at the risk that some might view it with cynicism. After all, they are soccer players and the ordeal is taking place during soccer's greatest show. I'm sure the instinct for some kind of gesture would have kicked in if the kids were from Europe or N. America.
Bell
FIFA has offered them tickets for the WC final.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

They were invited to the Final

Although that will not go through, due to the incubation period, as well as psychological concerns.

I am sure they will be recognized in some other way.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Tbite wrote:They were invited to the Final

Although that will not go through, due to the incubation period, as well as psychological concerns.

I THINK...

...something before kickoff, like they do in response to terrorist incidents in America and Europe, would have been much better. And it's not too late. Heck, I didn't even know about the FIFA offer.
Bell
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bell wrote:

I THINK...

...something before kickoff, like they do in response to terrorist incidents in America and Europe, would have been much better. And it's not too late. Heck, I didn't even know about the FIFA offer.
Bell
...hold your horses now, kick off neva reach, plus the boys and coach all just came few hours ago. Allow the news to reach fifa, so as to draft speech for final kickoff which will take place many days from now :???:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mcal wrote:
Bell wrote:

I THINK...

Bell
...hold your horses now, kick off neva reach, plus the boys and coach all just came few hours ago. Allow the news to reach fifa, so as to draft speech for final kickoff which will take place many days from now :???:
THE GESTURE NEED NOT WAIT FOR THE RESCUE

It could have been done - some show of sympathy - while the ordeal lasted. In fact that might have been the best time to do it.
Bell
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bell wrote:
mcal wrote:
Bell wrote:

I THINK...

Bell

It could have been done - some show of sympathy - while the ordeal lasted. In fact that might have been the best time to do it.
Bell
I agree. They should have sent two teams into the cave to play a group mat h in front of the boys. :tic: FIFA don't have to implement your thoughts or idea. They've done what they feel is right. Lets keep praying for the safe return of the boys rather than turning this into another issue
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:I'm surprised FIFA hasn't done anything to acknowledge the ordeal of the 12 Thai soccer players and their coach, even at the risk that some might view it with cynicism. After all, they are soccer players and the ordeal is taking place during soccer's greatest show. I'm sure the instinct for some kind of gesture would have kicked in if the kids were from Europe or N. America.
Bell
I'm surprised that at 2.15pm when you posted this, you were still not aware that FIFA invited them to the WC final on Sunday.
The information has been in the public domain for several hours. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

pajimoh wrote:
Bell wrote:
mcal wrote:
Bell wrote:

I THINK...

Bell

Bell
I agree. They should have sent two teams into the cave to play a group mat h in front of the boys. :tic: FIFA don't have to implement your thoughts or idea. They've done what they feel is right. Lets keep praying for the safe return of the boys rather than turning this into another issue
U R MAD!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ..Send Bell to ref the game :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
Bell
I'm surprised that at 2.15pm when you posted this, you were still not aware that FIFA invited them to the WC final on Sunday.
...WE Africans, nay Nigerians, are slow learners :laugh:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Damunk wrote:
Bell
days

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

tfco wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell
days

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

DAYS. Wow.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
Bell
THE FACT THAT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT TELLS YOU HOW WELL IT'S BEEN PUBLICIZED, AND...

...BTW, we don't all live in the same time zone. That said, what's wrong with a 30-second show of solidarity in the center circle before one or more of these matches? I've seen them done in incidents of terrorism.
Bell
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Bell
The Thai coach has offered to help the Eagles for free. Methinks he needs to go to jail. He's no hero.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Offer has been rejected...on medical grounds

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bell
Where have you been?

Anyway, why no FIFA gesture for the rescurers?
Heck, one of them died helpiing the little rascals....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Thailand is a land of one language, one large ethnicity, hence the boys and their coach represent the whole country. If this were in Africa, and the kids were of different tribe from the president or some oga at the top, no rescue or some halfhearted moves will be made with throwing of book speeches, and english-like inquest, and big big language.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:...Thailand is a land of one language, one large ethnicity, hence the boys and their coach represent the whole country. If this were in Africa, and the kids were of different tribe from the president or some oga at the top, no rescue or some halfhearted moves will be made with throwing of book speeches, and english-like inquest, and big big language.
Chai.
You have been spending too much time reading the posts of Bouncer, Airhead and Sabiyansh.

When Ebola struck, was the successful coordinated effort disrupted by ethnic, political and religious differences? Or self-serving Bully12-inspired grammatical assaults?
Talk true. :idea: :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bell
Man Utd has invited them to Old Trafford next season.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bell
Man Utd has invited them to Old Trafford next season.
True talk?
Beloved also need to do so to bring them to emirate
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:...Thailand is a land of one language, one large ethnicity, hence the boys and their coach represent the whole country. If this were in Africa, and the kids were of different tribe from the president or some oga at the top, no rescue or some halfhearted moves will be made with throwing of book speeches, and english-like inquest, and big big language.
Chai.
You have been spending too much time reading the posts of Bouncer, Airhead and Sabiyansh.

When Ebola struck, was the successful coordinated effort disrupted by ethnic, political and religious differences? Or self-serving Bully12-inspired grammatical assaults?
Talk true. :idea: :D
...depends on who was struck that's how the tribal ogas at the top roll with their coordination.