We shouldn't be accepting these excuses

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
We shouldn't be accepting these excuses

Post by highbury »

1)Our team is the youngest team, so we are here to learn. 2) France is the second youngest team and they are in the Semi Final.
3)They kept their coach from last world cup. Only if we had retained Keshi. Incessant hiring and firing. I don't really fancy Rohr but he should be retained.
4)Majority of French players played in 2014.Only 4 of SE. Most of the players from 2018 have to guided to be in the team in 2022 if we qualify.
5)We've paraded young teams in the past( 2002) but the attrition is so high.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: We shouldn't be accepting these excuses

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:1)Our team is the youngest team, so we are here to learn. 2) France is the second youngest team and they are in the Semi Final.
3)They kept their coach from last world cup. Only if we had retained Keshi. Incessant hiring and firing. I don't really fancy Rohr but he should be retained.
4)Majority of French players played in 2014.Only 4 of SE. Most of the players from 2018 have to guided to be in the team in 2022 if we qualify.
dude get a hold of yourself, move on ..geeze.. you are still losing sleep over a football game, my goodness only one team will win it, all the rest will be forgotten about.. my goodness you are boring .. didn't read your daft thread, just the title
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:1)Our team is the youngest team, so we are here to learn. 2) France is the second youngest team and they are in the Semi Final.
dude get a hold of yourself, move on ..geeze.. you are still losing sleep over a football game, my goodness only one team will win it, all the rest will be forgotten about.. my goodness you are boring .. didn't read your daft thread, just the title
Ok
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Last World cup in 2014, we had the second youngest team, Ghana had the youngest.What happend ? Rohr does not fit the Nigerian football philosophy, so he needs to go! Did u watch our world cup games? Did u notice how clueless we were with all the stupid long balls? and did u notice that we had trouble stringing 3 to 4 passes together before losing the ball? Mention one country that played worse football than Nigeria? For a team that was voted as the most entertaining team at the 94 world cup, this is unacceptable. Keshi's team played better football although he had less talented players, got to the second round and won afcon, yet we wanted him fired! So why the double standard?? Because na oyinbo or what?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

It was a boolshit excuse.
highbury wrote: 3)They kept their coach from last world cup. Only if we had retained Keshi. Incessant hiring and firing. I don't really fancy Rohr but he should be retained.
Keshi died though so kinda moot.
highbury wrote: 4)Majority of French players played in 2014.Only 4 of SE. Most of the players from 2018 have to guided to be in the team in 2022 if we qualify.
Which player in the 2014 team that's not in the 2018 team would you have included? The problem here is first, many of our players aren't good enough to last playing top flight footy over the course of two WCs. Others like Mikel and Nacho settle for bench roles once they manage to make it to a top club rather than opt for a lesser team with more playing time. Mikel spent the better part of his prime years riding the pine at Chelsea and though Nacho finally moved from City, I feel the damage has been done and his progress negatively impacted.
highbury wrote: 5)We've paraded young teams in the past( 2002) but the attrition is so high.
Parading young teams isn't the problem but the young players have to be extremely talented and promising, like Yobo and Enyeama, and unlike Opabunmi and Ikedia. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

The SE needs a proper coach like the Conte and Mourinhos.

And like I said before, if the next coach must foreign get CARLOS QUEIROZ. He's in that same mould.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

guest83 wrote:The SE needs a proper coach like the Conte and Mourinhos.

And like I said before, if the next coach must foreign get CARLOS QUEIROZ. He's in that same mould.
Carlos Queroz is defo not in that mould which is why he is a journeyman.

I'd stick with Rohr instead.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Our player's careers are simply not good enough. Emphasis on careers . Our players get signed and don't break through and then go down the journeyman path, rinse and repeat.

So continuity is an issue. Also we don't have a local league that can sustain and resuscitate our players should they fail in Europe . So that talent pool dries up
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

seriously dude? seriously? U actually opened a new thread for this? is church closed? I mean..you attend St Bottles Cathedral so I know they are NOT closed.. :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

guest83 wrote:The SE needs a proper coach like the Conte and Mourinhos.

Don't want him. He is 65, close to retirement. The next coach should be in his 40's or 50's. We need a long term coach, not a journey man close to retirement. Rohr should also go, he is also 65.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

France and England are joint second youngest after us....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

maceo4 wrote:France and England are joint second youngest after us....
U guys are focusing on the age...and removing the focus from the level of the leagues the players play in / how often they play...carry on..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

paj wrote:
U guys are focusing on the age...and removing the focus from the level of the leagues the players play in / how often they play...carry on..
Pa
It’s Rohr that focused only on age, do you think in 2022 our players will suddenly be playing at the level of France and England? So why use that as an excuse and make a 2022 promise...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We just need to be brutally honest with ourselves.. The Rohr project was to qualify Nigeria for the WC and we had to do a crash course to get there...That said, we didn't have a team balanced enough to make a big impression (watching the round of 16 and quarters and all the goalkeepers involved, Uzoho doesn't even come remotely close, upfront we had average strikers and so on)

Currently we have the building block to start a proper team building process. Rohr should work towards building a team strong enough to win the next 2 ANC's and then head to Qatar with a team with a realistic chance of winning..

Pinnick is helping with providing the infrastructure and stability off the pitch. We need continuity and focus...
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mr Shows wrote:We just need to be brutally honest with ourselves.. The Rohr project was to qualify Nigeria for the WC and we had to do a crash course to get there...That said, we didn't have a team balanced enough to make a big impression (watching the round of 16 and quarters and all the goalkeepers involved, Uzoho doesn't even come remotely close, upfront we had average strikers and so on)

Currently we have the building block to start a proper team building process. Rohr should work towards building a team strong enough to win the next 2 ANC's and then head to Qatar with a team with a realistic chance of winning..

Pinnick is helping with providing the infrastructure and stability off the pitch. We need continuity and focus...

But Rohr has been on the job for 2 years. He had enough time to find strikers and etc. He failed in Gabon and Niger or didn't stay long enough. He was fired from his last coaching appointment in Europe.

So what we have is blind faith that Rohr can do the job. We don't have historical data to justify that faith.

To be frank, I didn't like the way we played at the World cup. It is so un Nigerian.

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:We just need to be brutally honest with ourselves.. The Rohr project was to qualify Nigeria for the WC and we had to do a crash course to get there...That said, we didn't have a team balanced enough to make a big impression (watching the round of 16 and quarters and all the goalkeepers involved, Uzoho doesn't even come remotely close, upfront we had average strikers and so on)

But Rohr has been on the job for 2 years. He had enough time to find strikers and etc. He failed in Gabon and Niger or didn't stay long enough. He was fired from his last coaching appointment in Europe.

So what we have is blind faith that Rohr can do the job. We don't have historical data to justify that faith.

To be frank, I didn't like the way we played at the World cup. It is so un Nigerian.
When he took over he had the world cup qualifiers to negotiate almost immediately. Every game was a must win game with no margin for error or room for over adventurous experimentation.

I am on the same page with you in terms of how we played in Russia. We are not used to seeing a SE struggling in the attacking department (but at the same time we were more organised at the back than we have probably been in a long time).

Rohr's hand was forced to the extent that the players who got him to Russia were the ones he could trust. He has already shown interest in the likes of Osimhen, Onyekuru, Bazee etc lets see how they integrate into the team
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Nigeria's players are not good enough. Even if we kept them together for another four years, the result might be the same - experienced players with no real quality.

How is it that the same Argentina we struggled against were soundly trashed by France and Croatia.
Something's wrong somewhere.

Need more quality players. Some of these players cannot even trap ball. We need brave, attacking, intelligent and creative midfielders with close control. Ndidi and Etebo will take you nowhere. In terms of ball control you need like 5-10 Mikels on the pitch (if you understand what I mean i .e.Croatia)

Defence can continue to get experience but in infusion of more quality LBs and CBs as time goes.

We need to solidify the 3-5-2 formation or find the group of players for which we can deploy 4-4-2 successfully. Balance is key. Attack and defend with efficacy and ease. We still have a long way to go.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robotnik wrote:Nigeria's players are not good enough. Even if we kept them together for another four years, the result might be the same - experienced players with no real quality.

How is it that the same Argentina we struggled against were soundly trashed by France and Croatia.
Something's wrong somewhere.

Need more quality players. Some of these players cannot even trap ball. We need brave, attacking, intelligent and creative midfielders with close control. Ndidi and Etebo will take you nowhere. In terms of ball control you need like 5-10 Mikels on the pitch (if you understand what I mean i .e.Croatia)

Defence can continue to get experience but in infusion of more quality LBs and CBs as time goes.

We need to solidify the 3-5-2 formation or find the group of players for which we can deploy 4-4-2 successfully. Balance is key. Attack and defend with efficacy and ease. We still have a long way to go.
Theres 31 other teams planning to make an impact on the WC, and we are probably mid to lower table of those teams so I don't know why we keep talking about winning it when we've never even gone past the round of 16. There are so many countries ahead of African countries that we have to be realistic with ourselves at some point. We are not winning in 2022 or even in the next 50 years, but we need steady progression to realistically get there thats why I was so annoyed by this WC, it was a regression and an unnecessary one. This WC we could have exorcised the argentine demon that has plagued us for many WC's now and somehow we bungled it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Mr Shows wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

When he took over he had the world cup qualifiers to negotiate almost immediately. Every game was a must win game with no margin for error or room for over adventurous experimentation.

I am on the same page with you in terms of how we played in Russia. We are not used to seeing a SE struggling in the attacking department (but at the same time we were more organised at the back than we have probably been in a long time).

Rohr's hand was forced to the extent that the players who got him to Russia were the ones he could trust. He has already shown interest in the likes of Osimhen, Onyekuru, Bazee etc lets see how they integrate into the team
Why do people think we were more organized at the back?? The defense was actually the Genesis of our Problem . We had too many defenders that were uncomfortable with the ball, they put the whole team under unnecessary pressure by constantly kicking the ball back to the opposition, thereby wasting possession and conceding a lot of corners. Our goal keeper was the worst culprit.We just could not connect our defense with the midfield.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The coach had two years to find players. He invited the players. So whose fault is it that the players that he took to the World cup are not good enough?

osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

paj wrote:
Pa
What about the Mexican team? And the leagues the players play in?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Even if he had 3 years, Nigeria is not producing good players anymore, he took the best he could find and sadly they are not good enough at this level

What players does Nigeria have in the mould of Hazard, Neymar, Pogba, Felliani, Maltudi, Griezman, Dubryne, Perisic, Kane, Maguire and a host of these top players we have been watching in the last 3-5 days, if we dont deceive ourselves, we dont produce them anymore

With what we have today, Rohr should just build a cohesive team like Sweden for example, if you dont have the talent, then build a strong unit, the good thing about this world cup was the emergence of solid teams like Sweden and Russia
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Dude. Matuidi? Really? Ndidi is three times the player Matuidi is.

Fellaini? Iwobi and Etebo are of the same calibre.

Maguire? Let's see where Awaziem is at his age.

Perisic? Slightly above ordinary player, we have at least several players of his calibre, while Nwakali is miles more talented.

We do need quality forwards and Henry Onyekuru is our best bet at the moment.

Nigeria has the talent. Let's just hope they develop as they should.