Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 pm 

guest83 wrote:
Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.

We heard you before marutimon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm 

mate wrote:
France did not beat a Denmark that hadn't lost in the previous 18 games in the 1st round. But Croatia did when it had to.

But... Croatia didn't beat Denmark. Formally it was a draw. Denmark was eliminated on penalties after an utter dross game.

Whatever. I didn't really care for either team.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 pm 

Thunder wrote:
Its coming home
ts coming home
s coming home
coming home
oming home
ming home
ing home
ng home
g home
home
ome
me
we
we'r
we're
we're c
we're co
we're com
we're comi
we're comin
we're coming
we're coming h
we're coming ho
we're coming hom
we're coming home
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm 

Nonsense, for the majority of the second half and all of extra time, Croatia were marvellous. If Nigeria hope to learn anything from their geographical field trip, they need to sit down in unison and watch Modric’s display. Midfield mastery, a sheer masterclass.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm 

marutimon wrote:
mate wrote:
France did not beat a Denmark that hadn't lost in the previous 18 games in the 1st round. But Croatia did when it had to.

But... Croatia didn't beat Denmark. Formally it was a draw. Denmark was eliminated on penalties after an utter dross game.

Whatever. I didn't really care for either team.

True. Formally, PKs go down as a draw.

But let's be real. They're a win in reality. 1 team only goes on by winning the PKs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm 

mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.

You are off your rocker.

Greece never played like Croatia does. Nor has anything close to the class of players we have.

We've made the semifinals twice in the past 20 years and had some good Euro performances. Producing a pipeline of players.

We beat a gauntlet of opponents so far, not by luck, but by skill, out possessing everybody but Argentina.

+ a pipeline of coaches. 3 back-to-back-to-back overtimes with supposedly old players :lol: .
Warriors! :clap:

You can't fake tactical awareness, ability, and self-belief.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:50 pm 

marutimon wrote:
mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.

You are off your rocker.

Greece never played like Croatia does. Nor has anything close to the class of players we have.

We've made the semifinals twice in the past 20 years and had some good Euro performances. Producing a pipeline of players.

We beat a gauntlet of opponents so far, not by luck, but by skill, out possessing everybody but Argentina.

Nigeria that totally messed up their first game, an atrocious Argentina side, Iceland, Denmark on penalties, Russia on penalties, England... All knockout phase games among the most sleep inducing matches in World Cup history. Hardly the stuff of legends.

Care to tell us how Germany reached WC 2002 final :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm 

I blame "Arry" Kane. Durty spudite. :rotf:

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 pm 

Croatia has always had some amazing athletes, especially in Basketball.
I'm not sure what Croatians put in their water ... but those guys are true athletes. I remember Petrovic, Tony Kukoc and all those guys.
Bepanda
mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.

You are off your rocker.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm 

Curve whiz wrote:
joplass wrote:
Useless England. This bracket was really soft. France should steam roll this Croatia.

You think? Croatia have sleepwalked into every match so far, but they always come back very strong in the second half. If France underrates these battle hardened Croats, they would regret it like the Euros.

Anyone or team underestimating a team that made to the final of the WC, need to have their head checked.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 pm 

balo wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
joplass wrote:
Useless England. This bracket was really soft. France should steam roll this Croatia.

You think? Croatia have sleepwalked into every match so far, but they always come back very strong in the second half. If France underrates these battle hardened Croats, they would regret it like the Euros.

Anyone or team underestimating a team that made to the final of the WC, need to have their head checked.

:agree:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 pm 

France should demolish Croatia...Nobody can stop Mbappe. Pogba and Kante will neutrilize Modric and Rakitic. France 4-1. Les Blues win their 2nd World Cup. Party on champs elysees.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 pm 

Nkume wrote:
I blame "Arry" Kane. Durty spudite. :rotf:

Harry 'kaned' :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 pm 

The colonialists are out! Colos be mad oh! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 am 

marutimon wrote:
mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.

You are off your rocker.

Nigeria that totally messed up their first game, an atrocious Argentina side, Iceland, Denmark on penalties, Russia on penalties, England... All knockout phase games among the most sleep inducing matches in World Cup history. Hardly the stuff of legends.

Dude they played three consecutive extra time games each 3 days apart and are still playing. That’s Herculean.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am 

England should go one step further and encourage their players to play overseas in the Spanish, Italian, german league, thats is how they gain more experience
Look at the finalist on Sunday, hugely represented by the real Madrids, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Man united, Spurs, Chelsea, these footballers left their countries to play in other leagues

if we keep on hearing the premiership is the best, then champion league is dominated by Spanish sides, then this is not accurate, yes the premiership is probably the most exciting league to watch

Marko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 am 

marko wrote:
England should go one step further and encourage their players to play overseas in the Spanish, Italian, german league, thats is how they gain more experience
Look at the finalist on Sunday, hugely represented by the real Madrids, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Man united, Spurs, Chelsea, these footballers left their countries to play in other leagues

if we keep on hearing the premiership is the best, then champion league is dominated by Spanish sides, then this is not accurate, yes the premiership is probably the most exciting league to watch

Good point, but yesterday before the croatian goal, I thought the final will be dominated by the english league. When Spain won the world cup, they had a large number of players in Spain and Fabreags abroad, it I recollect correctly. So it can be helpful to have a strong domestic league with a few players abroad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm 

There are some good upcoming players in England, the likes of Junjo Shevley can do a useful job in the midfield, maybe he needs to move to a top side to get recognition from Soutgate but yesterday England were short of creative players

Marko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 pm 

marko wrote:
There are some good upcoming players in England, the likes of Junjo Shevley can do a useful job in the midfield, maybe he needs to move to a top side to get recognition from Soutgate but yesterday England were short of creative players

Bro, we were not good enough this year and I just do not believe we would have appeased the football gods by 2022. It always ends in tears.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 pm 

camex wrote:
marko wrote:

Good point, but yesterday before the croatian goal, I thought the final will be dominated by the english league. When Spain won the world cup, they had a large number of players in Spain and Fabreags abroad, it I recollect correctly. So it can be helpful to have a strong domestic league with a few players abroad.

Not this ish again!

To win the WC, you need a good team! Building one requires time together. Local or foreign leagues do not matter.
I can go to Zambia or Zimbabwe and pick the best kids in the country, work with them for 6 months and win the World Cup with them, before they ever set foot in Europe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 pm 

bepanda wrote:
Croatia has always had some amazing athletes, especially in Basketball.
I'm not sure what Croatians put in their water ... but those guys are true athletes. I remember Petrovic, Tony Kukoc and all those guys.
Bepanda
mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.

You are off your rocker.

You beat Africa's and South America's pretenders.... Croatia is winning the WC.

Kai, in my life time I've seen Denmark, Greece and next Croatia win a cup but not England.
I bet you Uganda will win a big one before England...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm 

kawawa wrote:
marutimon wrote:
mate wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Both teams looked bad.

You are off your rocker.

Dude they played three consecutive extra time games each 3 days apart and are still playing. That’s Herculean.

Abeg tell am o..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm 

shakakaka wrote:
The colonialists are out! Colos be mad oh! LOL

I guess the French were liberators around the world :lol:

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next